1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

I forgot to mention #1704 was rehabbed also on the #21. I got to see #1260. That bus is weird, it has the clever devices in the new position and the whole interior is done like it's a full rehab right, but the outside of the bus is completely untouched with red kneeling stickers and old no turn plates and it didn't even seem to have an updated paint job. Reminds me alot of #1388, which they totally forgot to rehab the outside of the bus!!

I forgot to mention #1704 was rehabbed also on the #21. I got to see #1260. That bus is weird, it has the clever devices in the new position and the whole interior is done like it's a full rehab right, but the outside of the bus is completely untouched with red kneeling stickers and old no turn plates and it didn't even seem to have an updated paint job. Reminds me alot of #1388, which they totally forgot to rehab the outside of the bus!!

How about several buses assigned to 74th that we know to have been rehabbed having garage maintenance crews place old lighting back in those buses if we're talking weird. :huh:

Why would you place old light fixtures back in a bus that's been totally rehabbed?

• Upvote 1

huh???!!!

Yes a few 74th rehabbed buses have old lighting again. You wouldn't necessarily spot it in day time. But I've ridden a small number of rehabbed NFs on the #9 recently and saw that the buses have all the indications of rehabs outside of having those old dull lights again. What made me notice is stepping on board and then going to myself "Wait a minute. I know this bus has been rehabbed because I remember spotting the brighter lighting while it was dark out which made me examine the bus closer and see that it's been rehabbed in the first place before getting confirmation off the forum. So why does it have these old dull lights again now?" :lol:

1005 is back at 103rd of course but it no longer have those blueish highlights no more. By the way what kind of engine does that particular bus have? It sounds terrible lol. And it's the only one that sounds like that at least out the nf's I heard or driven.

Someone's going to have to check and see if #1159 still has the blue headlights. Maybe #1005 is finally getting ready for a full rehab. I can't say for sure if it's engine was replaced with the same specs as the rehab buses it being a mechanical pilot and all. Maybe they will go over it again.

Someone's going to have to check and see if #1159 still has the blue headlights. Maybe #1005 is finally getting ready for a full rehab. I can't say for sure if it's engine was replaced with the same specs as the rehab buses it being a mechanical pilot and all. Maybe they will go over it again.

I haven't seen #1159 for quite a while.