1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

no no, what about #1414? but I'll check it out (on the #53 right) that and #1979.

Aw good their both on the #72!!

Really??? I would've thought someone mentioned #1414 being rehabbed. I'm surprised it wasn't you. :P

I don't think #1979 is rehabbed because of the simple fact that no rehabbed 1900s from 77th aren't at any other garages.

#1979, I've figured but #1423 is just some complete bs....

That's one reason why I wasn't racing over to see it. I don't think #1983 is rehabbed either but I can't eliminate it fully unless someone says it's not rehabbed. Yes I was shocked to see #1423, with it's red kneeling stickers. i bet though now that the #1970's are at Chicago they will be getting rehabbed soon. Both Chicago and 74th are good at getting buses rehabbed.

#1790 is fully rehabbed on the inside and has a new engine. It's on the #49 and it's ad-wrapped for Sierra Mist.

These are not new engines. All they did was rebuild them... it's costlier to get brand new Cummins engines for 1,030 buses then just rebuild key components of the engines. Also, the highest numbers in the New Flyer fleet have Cummins ISL8 engines, which are no longer made by Cummins, as they only manufacture the Cummins ISL9 engines now(which power the 4300's, 4333's and 7900's). And the Cummins ISM engines, found in 1000-1629, have been out of production for a few years now.

These are not new engines. All they did was rebuild them... it's costlier to get brand new Cummins engines for 1,030 buses then just rebuild key components of the engines. Also, the highest numbers in the New Flyer fleet have Cummins ISL8 engines, which are no longer made by Cummins, as they only manufacture the Cummins ISL9 engines now(which power the 4300's, 4333's and 7900's). And the Cummins ISM engines, found in 1000-1629, have been out of production for a few years now.

That's what they do with the engines? But on the rehabs, they sound like new deliveries to me.

That's what they do with the engines? But on the rehabs, they sound like new deliveries to me.

Essentially, although as I noted the specs (both CTA and especially Pace) say that the contractor is to provide a rebuilt engine and install it into the bus. The CTA ones say that the contractor can take the old ones back. So they are essentially remanufactured engines, as opposed to overhauled on the bus. However, in any event, they aren't new.

Rehabbed: #1070 while on #79

Getting rehabbed: #1662 #1786 #1891 #2020 along with 8 inside the shop (It's either #1682 or #1782 is getting rehabbed. All I saw was 1X82. So if anybody spot one of them today then the other one is declared the winner! :lol: )

Awaiting for rehab: #1337 #1359 #1384 #1730

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1117 #1373 #1522 #1970

Other Notes: This is not good news because it's a possibility that #1357 is retired. I've totally forgot about that bus being sidelined by almost a year now. It's sitting right behind #1553.

You just need your binoculars!! Lol!!

At that point, probably needs a telescope.

#1040 is released from south shops on the #28.

You know it could be a real slim possibility that it's #1482. Lol!!

I indeed used by binoculars but the decals are stripped but I can easily see 82. You wish it was #1482!!!!

:lol::P

Oh, I forgot to mention that #1077 is rehabbed and #1246 needs to be checked to see whether it's fully rehabbed or still mechanically rehabbed.