1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Ok I can trace my last visit to Western Orange line to 9/15/14 coming into the station via #94. I uploaded pictures of #1738 on that day. That bus i was on was going down 47th through the affected area. This has to be something new.

It has to be new because I didn't catch the memo about it honestly.

Kedzie Orange Line is (and as far as I know always has been) a regular stop for 47 (schedule brochure, which reflects that about half the trips late morning and evening have a short terminal at Kedzie).

As Garmon pointed out, construction detouring 47 between California and Western (which doesn't involve Kedzie one way or the other) resulted in it being detoured via California, 51st, Western (and hence the Western station) and back to 47th (Alert said through Oct. 13, but Garmon says it is over.)

I'm guessing that's the second phase of the construction because as I mentioned to BusHunter that I didn't catch the memo about it.

I'm guessing that's the second phase of the construction because as I mentioned to BusHunter that I didn't catch the memo about it.

Kedzie Orange Line is (and as far as I know always has been) a regular stop for 47 (schedule brochure, which reflects that about half the trips late morning and evening have a short terminal at Kedzie).

As Garmon pointed out, construction detouring 47 between California and Western (which doesn't involve Kedzie one way or the other) resulted in it being detoured via California, 51st, Western (and hence the Western station) and back to 47th (Alert said through Oct. 13, but Garmon says it is over.)

Yeah but that's what's confusing. I saw #47's at Kedzie/Orange line and Western/Orange line. That #1583 I filmed was doing it's layover right there at Western/Orange line. So my point is why serve both terminals.

Yeah but that's what's confusing. I saw #47's at Kedzie/Orange line and Western/Orange line. That #1583 I filmed was doing it's layover right there at Western/Orange line. So my point is why serve both terminals.

That was in the Passenger Alert, I guess there is no sense passing the Western station without serving it, but that doesn't justify cutting off scheduled service at Kedzie.

• Upvote 1

That was in the Passenger Alert, I guess there is no sense passing the Western station without serving it, but that doesn't justify cutting off scheduled service at Kedzie.

What's next, having #47 serve Pulaski Orange Line???

What's next, having #47 serve Pulaski Orange Line???

Too far south.

I suppose, though, that 62 doesn't have to pull into both 35/Archer and Pulaski.

One would also have to consider the other bus connections at those stations, although, as you noted, 52A is also messed up by construction.

Too far south.

I suppose, though, that 62 doesn't have to pull into both 35/Archer and Pulaski.

One would also have to consider the other bus connections at those stations, although, as you noted, 52A is also messed up by construction.

To rectify #47's routing, it might as well end at Midway Orange Line at all times. I really don't understand why terminate @ Cicero if it have better connections @ Midway.

To rectify #47's routing, it might as well end at Midway Orange Line at all times. I really don't understand why terminate @ Cicero if it have better connections @ Midway.

The only justification seems to be the same as given for the nonexistent Ford City Orange Line extension--the Midway bus terminal is too crowded already.

Here's a few rehab buses and other buses of unusual occurrence at Western/Orange line.

attachicon.gifcta 1282 on 35.PNG attachicon.gifcta 1981 on 52a.PNG

attachicon.gifcta 1264 52 on 52a.PNG attachicon.gifcta 1264 closeup on 52a.PNG attachicon.gifcta 47 route at western orange line 10-14.PNG

Don't know why 1264 showed 52 in the destination unless the Clever Devices was glitched and showed that by accident.

It has to be new because I didn't catch the memo about it honestly.

It is relatively new. The travel alerts for both 47 and 94 regarding bypassing the construction on 47th Street are both dated with start dates of September 28 and as Busjack pointed out the end dates are for 8:00 AM on October 13 which is Monday morning.