Pace Destination Signs

Busjack

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

After a decade 208 is back to 208  EVANSTON 208 DAVIS CTA.

I noticed they changed some of the Joliet destination signs and now they make less sense. I saw a NB 504 that said "CENTER CITY" (shouldn't that be CITY CENTER), which didn't flip to anything else. A 508 still had the old "JOLIET CTR" sign. An even stranger one was on the NB 834 trip that leaves Joliet at 5:10 PM and only goes to Bolingbrook. It used to be 834 JOLIET-DRGV (flip) 834 BOLINGBROOK. When I saw it, it was 834 JOLIET-DRGV (flip) 834 53/OLD CHGO (flip) 834 VIA 75TH. Makes no sense because it goes to Briarcliff, not Old Chicago, and via 75th is irrelevant because the bus doesn't go that far. Another observation, they put up standard bus stop signs downtown for what is supposed to be a temporary detour. I suppose they're relatively easy to install and they didn't want to confuse people at the transfer area.

8 hours ago, MetroShadow said:

When I visited last week, the westbound trips were different. 

208 Schaumburg / NW TRANS CTR

It is 208 Schaumburg/208 Northwest TC and about everything to there was changed to that format when the I-90 project kicked in. 606 is now 606 Schaumburg/606 Woodfield /606 Corporate Ctr. Note there is actually a slash after Schaumburg.

Looks like Pace is getting a little more consistent on giving the same point the same name, i.e. both 307 and 757 have Harlem/South Blvd./CTA Green Line, even though the preliminary 307 Harlem has been deleted from other destinations (and Argo is no more). Still haven't done anything about 626 SKOKIE SWFT, even though there is also 620 Dempster/620 Yellow Line.