Bus Route Tracker

maths22

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

I use Maths22 to keep a track of buses in service at 8am and 5pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. From that data the last date I have for 8288 in service is 9/29/21, although it was not out from 8/30/21 to 9/29/21 as well

Oh I was wondering since that Bus hasn’t been active a lot lately and was wondering what happened

Archive calendar won’t open the time slot and is stuck on “select a time”, even when I keep pressing the date I want to locate over and over. I was trying to check the date I rode 6870 in 2018 since I’m about to ride it again, and now that it won’t work I won’t be able to do that until after I get home if it’s fixed. If it works for you then it must be something wrong. I tried on both my iPad and my computer neither one would open up the time slot.

45 minutes ago, maths22 said:

I've added a bus history tracking page.  The data is now ingested into a database, so if there is other stuff that would be useful to be able to search by or display, please let me know.

https://cta.maths22.com/bus_history.html

@Erin Mishkin Jr. the archive page should be fixed now.

wow……this is amazing thanks for this cheers to you my friend????

1 hour ago, maths22 said:

I've added a bus history tracking page.  The data is now ingested into a database, so if there is other stuff that would be useful to be able to search by or display, please let me know.

https://cta.maths22.com/bus_history.html

@Erin Mishkin Jr. the archive page should be fixed now.

Thank you so much! This will help me out better now with keeping track of everything. 

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

Back up.

I got in touch with Jacob and somehow he missed the notification that his domain name was expiring. He has sorted it out. It does not look like any data is missing this time.

Alan

Thank you alan! Glad it’s back up since I have to track 4004 with maths to see what block it’s on so I can get it at the right time when I need it

• 6 months later...
On 8/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, Bus1883 said:

Why can’t they make this a separate tracker instead of piling the #8350’s onto the 7900-series tracker like they’ve done with the #8325’s? Now we have to expect over 800-1,000 Novas on the tracker once all 600 buses are delivered, is this because the #8350’s picked up on where #8325-8349 left off? If we started the new Novas at #8400 that would be another story?

653C8FC4-B05E-450D-BE67-E40A6FC29FA6.png

On 8/1/2022 at 1:57 PM, Policeman said:

i dont see why the 800 DE40LFs arent off the website, they've been gone for years

Posters have to recognize that these aren't official but done by one of our members, @maths22. If you have some concern, send him a personal message.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a question for drivers who understand the block system, and arose because I saw the bus about then.

The tracker for 8358 showed

image.thumb.png.9df31bbb7644c8e8638c1b2011a260c0.png

But, basically it is an FG bus, 206 is an FG route, and there is no indication that it interlined with 22. Anyone knows what is happening?

6 minutes ago, Busjack said:

This is a question for drivers who understand the block system, and arose because I saw the bus about then.

The tracker for 8358 showed

image.thumb.png.9df31bbb7644c8e8638c1b2011a260c0.png

But, basically it is an FG bus, 206 is an FG route, and there is no indication that it interlined with 22. Anyone knows what is happening?

if it’s a 15xx 17xx or 18xx then it’s NP’s bus 

that’s also a school tripper in evanston the bus will start as a 93 and end as a 206 at howard then it’ll deadhead to where it needs to go 

1 minute ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

if it’s a 15xx 17xx or 18xx then it’s NP’s bus 

that’s also a school tripper in evanston the bus will start as a 93 and end as a 206 at howard then it’ll deadhead to where it needs to go 

It's obviously none of them, because it was 8358. Read the post again.

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

It's obviously none of them, because it was 8358. Read the post again.

More than likely #8358 was used as an emergency fill out of Howard terminal and that was the block ID that showed up for that particular run that I'll assume was a school run for the afternoon. Now the question I have is where did this bus go after only having the block ID for no more than 10 minutes?

2 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

More than likely #8358 was used as an emergency fill out of Howard terminal and that was the block ID that showed up for that particular run that I'll assume was a school run for the afternoon. Now the question I have is where did this bus go after only having the block ID for no more than 10 minutes?

All I know is that I saw it SB on Ridge at about 2:50 signed 206 EVANSTON CIRC to HOWARD L STA 206 via RIDGE. It's off the tracker after that, so I assume it went OOS. Also, I assume for that short of a run, it started at ETHS southbound.

At the time, I thought the 2 line fist sign was more notable.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/13/2022 at 2:07 AM, Antwan4000 said:

I Got a Question for you: What does pdist Mean?

I think this is the path distance, which is the distance from the bus's current point to another point (that depends on where you're getting this value from) considering the route that the bus is expected to take.

I think there is also a bug in the tracker where if you are in a different time zone, the last updated timestamp does not take into account the time difference when it makes the comparison between the time when the tool last updated the information and the current time. My guess is that the last updated time is Chicago time, whereas the current time is in the local time zone. For example, I'm currently in Europe and so the tracker says it was refreshed about 7 hours ago because my local time zone is 7 hours ahead of Chicago. As for testing this, I would see if you can use a VPN but I can check again if needed.