Bus Route Tracker

maths22

48 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

Thanks for the response Busjack. I get Bus Tracker but  the bus map has not come up since last Friday.

6 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

It is working OK for me right now, but @jajuan reported some issues yesterday. Could that be related to the problem you're having?

Yeah the map hasn't worked for me since yesterday. But I can get arrival times off the bus arrivals page like normal though. I tried through two different web browsers, Chrome and Microsoft Edge, and get nothing by a blank blue screen where the map should be. 

18 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

The app that I use on my phone(TreKing) works fine. I tested it on the #22 and #152 just now, and both stops I selected show times and bus numbers.

It's not the arrivals that are having issues. It's the bus map for BusTracker that hadn't been working for some. 

52 minutes ago, jajuan said:

It's not the arrivals that are having issues. It's the bus map for BusTracker that hadn't been working for some. 

Tested the map on my computer with Firefox and Edge. Both work and show buses on maps. Firefox 50.0.2, Edge 38.14393.0.0, Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit.

23 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Tested the map on my computer with Firefox and Edge. Both work and show buses on maps. Firefox 50.0.2, Edge 38.14393.0.0, Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit.

I have Firefox 50.0.2 & it doesn't work for me.

All I get is a big white space with the black border at the top & bottom of the page.

Someone at CTA screwed this up really bad!

1 hour ago, strictures said:

I have Firefox 50.0.2 & it doesn't work for me.

All I get is a big white space with the black border at the top & bottom of the page.

Someone at CTA screwed this up really bad!

I wonder if it's something other than the browsers. Tested Firefox 50.0.2 on my computer just now, and the map comes up. Maybe something is preventing the map from coming up on your computers..... a flash update that is needed, spyware/adware or tracking cookies blocking it.

8 hours ago, sw4400 said:

I wonder if it's something other than the browsers. Tested Firefox 50.0.2 on my computer just now, and the map comes up. Maybe something is preventing the map from coming up on your computers..... a flash update that is needed, spyware/adware or tracking cookies blocking it.

It doesn't matter. Since it worked fine with FF 50.0.2 a few days ago, it's the CTA's fault & not ours!

UPDATE: I downloaded & installed the latest version of Flash from Adobe & it still doesn't work.

CTA: Go back to the way it was several days ago!

7 hours ago, strictures said:

It doesn't matter. Since it worked fine with FF 50.0.2 a few days ago, it's the CTA's fault & not ours!

UPDATE: I downloaded & installed the latest version of Flash from Adobe & it still doesn't work.

CTA: Go back to the way it was several days ago!

I don't know what it could be. Tested again just now the map....... works fine(FF 50.0.2). Had a recent cumulative update for Windows 10 x-64 Systems and a security update for Adobe Flash. Bus Tracker map worked fine before the update and still works fine. I pulled up the map and brought up Routes #8 and #9 with it, and saw the buses on the routes(screenshot included).

CTA Bustracker Screenshot December 14, 2016.jpg

16 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

I don't know what it could be. Tested again just now the map....... works fine(FF 50.0.2).

The issue seems to be that something Apple did to its client is incompatible with what CTA did with its server software.

I run Waterfox and didn't have any problem, but some stuff that runs on one browser doesn't run on others.

I'm not sure what @strictures' situation is.

36 minutes ago, strictures said:

Still not working!

As @sw4400 and I indicated above, you should indicate what browser setup you are using, as some browsers are working and others are not.

BTW, are you getting Google Maps (because all the Bus Tracker display is is an embedded instance of that)?

You could also do a search for "BusTime" and see if, for instance, the MTA or MCTS trackers are working on your system.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

As @sw4400 and I indicated above, you should indicate what browser setup you are using, as some browsers are working and others are not.

BTW, are you getting Google Maps (because all the Bus Tracker display is is an embedded instance of that)?

You could also do a search for "BusTime" and see if, for instance, the MTA or MCTS trackers are working on your system.

Google Maps works as does MTA Bus Time.

This is 100% on someone at CTA or one of its tech vendors.

15 minutes ago, jajuan said:

I concur that whatever it is, it's effecting certain browsers. It now works fine for me on Microsoft Edge, but it still doesn't work on Google Chrome. 

To the extent @strictures was answering you, I can get in on Chrome (again on a PC):

95.png

BTW, I'm only getting about 6 or 7 buses on 95, so I'm not sure that problem has been fixed.

9 minutes ago, Busjack said:

To the extent @strictures was answering you, I can get in on Chrome (again on a PC):

95.png

BTW, I'm only getting about 6 or 7 buses on 95, so I'm not sure that problem has been fixed.

And that's the strange part. I'm certain I'm using the latest version of Chrome as other members, but I get either a white screen or blue one where the map should be. On Microsoft Edge though, things seem to have been corrected and it works the way it should.