CTA operator that does what he feels like

BusHunter

I got a good story here. The bummer on the #152 with the same operator that was doing the belmont kimball marshalling. Old guy skinny just passed me up forcing me to walk 8 blocks and the best part about it was it was intentional. I waved at him and he waved me off. Bus #6572. Check the cameras central wb. I $hit you not!! This guy has done this before to other people. Maybe he just picks up Who he feels like. And Busops yes this is the same operator that drives 8200's with  the sneeze guard open. He needs retraining bad.

Maybe I should tell Reggie the supervisor my troubles down here at belmont central.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Maybe I should tell Reggie the supervisor my troubles down here at belmont central.

If you got someone you know, why not?

I used to call and ask for "the transportation manager at Limits Garage" when a driver on whatever Sheridan-LaSalle then was didn't run to the end of the line (Devon-Broadway), but calling "Customer Service" is worthless.

8 minutes ago, Busjack said:

If you got someone you know, why not?

I used to call and ask for "the transportation manager at Limits Garage" when a driver on whatever Sheridan-LaSalle then was didn't run to the end of the line (Devon-Broadway), but calling "Customer Service" is worthless.

Funny story, I don't know him but an operator who was talking to him did and she called him Reggie. He was standing right there with me. I find posting to this forum gets results as I've been told by FG operators. I told you CTA has someone reading this. Someone high up has told me so. This is a much better spring board as the whole city sees it or anyone interested in transit. I'm totally telling the truth here, I'll shoot you straight.

There's also a night car on the #77 that does this. It happened to someone I know and then it happened to me. A heavy set white guy does this. I checked his badge it's low like 24 something. So how can you say anything about a veteran. This is like a 25 year man. Could be he quit though and came back but I doubt it. At my job those guys are praised like gods gift to man. At least he doesn't have the gumption to wave you off. The waving was insulting. He just acts like he don't see you.

I don't know what this guys problem is tonight as I have rode his bus at least 20-30 times in various places. He does weird things like he'll tell people sitting behind him to move away from him. He easily gets upset. I once got off the front of his bus a few years ago and he asked me why I didn't use the rear doors like he's picking a fight with you. He seems like maybe hes getting better, before he used to drive like a madman and then he gets to his time point and stops for a few minutes and this was happening on the whole trip. He just needs a secret santa to ride with him and they'll see what I mean. He can still be ornery as hell and he takes it out on the commuters. He was fiddling with medication one day. maybe he has a BP problem. The pills seem to be working some days. Some times he's alright some times he's not. He like's to smoke outside the bus. Probably was upset tonight cause he was held by the cubs supervisor. But don't take it out on me.

44 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I don't know what this guys problem is tonight as I have rode his bus at least 20-30 times in various places.

The only real justification was if it was to undo bus bunching, but I take it it wasn't.

On 8/14/2016 at 8:57 PM, BusHunter said:

I got a good story here. The bummer on the #152 with the same operator that was doing the belmont kimball marshalling. Old guy skinny just passed me up forcing me to walk 8 blocks and the best part about it was it was intentional. I waved at him and he waved me off. Bus #6572. Check the cameras central wb. I $hit you not!! This guy has done this before to other people. Maybe he just picks up Who he feels like. And Busops yes this is the same operator that drives 8200's with  the sneeze guard open. He needs retraining bad.

Have you tried calling Forest Glenn and asking for the Garage Manager?

• Upvote 1

On 14 August 2016 at 8:57 PM, BusHunter said:

HIS BADGE IS: removed by admins

Edited by Kevin
removed badge number

On 16 August 2016 at 7:53 PM, PNW7380 said:

HIS BADGE IS: removed by admins

You know him? He probably does stand out. i noticed him long ago cause of the quirky stuff he does. He was a part timer that just became full time that was involved in that layoff CTA had that affected 44499 here on the forum. They brought him back. i was in shock.  The number sounds right though, I'll have to check him out. I always see him cause he works 2nd shift alot and that's when I'm out. He really tries to egg you on. He never pulls the bus up to in front of the person that he's picking up. He puts it about 5 feet away and sometimes he stops in the street. (I know some drivers do that so people can get off the bus cause the entering passengers are always in a rush but he does it on a side street with no one exiting) He really needs a secret santa.

So you're from NW? They've been doing alot of hiring out there. I saw 3 trainees all on the #326 in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Today they had a guy that almost looked like a manager watching over a new hire. I was like wow, they don't have line instructors? They had some girl yesterday drive an Axess with her purple and I do mean purple sweater. Maybe she's into barney. xD Funny Pace doesn't seem to get you a uniform as fast as CTA does. CTA wouldn't be caught dead having someone drive in their street clothes.

Edited by Kevin
removed quoted badge number

1 hour ago, PNW7380 said:

I would get a bunch of your friends to start a petition to get him fired. If you get more than 25 people to sign it. They will fire him. I talked to a friend who works at Human Resources at CTA. 

Maybe if they have 25 substantiated complaints. The union is not going to let CTA fire him just because 25 people sign some change.org. Certainty there would be one h-- of a grievance. And then your friend in HR would be out on his kiester, too.

On the other hand, Andre  says CTA is like Mikey--they fire everybody.

19 hours ago, BusHunter said:

You know him? He probably does stand out. i noticed him long ago cause of the quirky stuff he does. He was a part timer that just became full time that was involved in that layoff CTA had that affected 44499 here on the forum. They brought him back. i was in shock.  The number sounds right though, I'll have to check him out. I always see him cause he works 2nd shift alot and that's when I'm out. He really tries to egg you on. He never pulls the bus up to in front of the person that he's picking up. He puts it about 5 feet away and sometimes he stops in the street. (I know some drivers do that so people can get off the bus cause the entering passengers are always in a rush but he does it on a side street with no one exiting) He really needs a secret santa.

I find it a little hard to believe that a guy with little seniority would be such a super jere as you described.   There are drivers all over the city who don't necessarily curb their bu at every side street bus stop,  who doesn't stop exactly in front of the customer at the bus stop when they do curb, etc.  How many times have i seen people standing in close proximity to the bus stop,  but when the bus stops,  they are not riding?   How about flagging the bus before he gets to you so he knows that you want the bus so he can safely stop.  From a safety and a job security standpoint,  it may be better to pass up a passenger that wasn't quickly identified than so slam on brakes and get rear ended,  or an on board passenger gets hurt or you get hurt boarding at a non bus stop.

I know a person who used to drive for Pace.   She was working the 352 one morning and she was supposed to run express north of 127th.   She noticed that there was no 108 local running and it was frigid that particular dark morning.   She,  being nice,  stopped and picked up those poor frigid souls that were waiting for a nonexistent 108.  However, there was one soul trying to catch her at one stop, but she didn't see that passenger and pulled away.   That person called Pace and she was written up for it.   She vowed to never do that again.   Funny thing is that I met her one day when she passed me up on 95th Street just west of the Dan Ryan.   A 381 came right behind her so I caught it to Halsted to catch her.  We wound up being good friends,  but only because I didn't cuss her out like I wanted to. 

My point is that you don't know what he has gone through with passengers and CTA where I heard that they are quick to write you up, suspend you and fire you,  that this driver could be going strictly by the book to keep his job.   Maybe his being nice got him cussed out, reprimanded.   Maybe he thought his followers were closer than they actually were. 

There seems to be an underlying current with this crusade against this guy.   Keep us updated on this. 

• Upvote 4

Probably the union will protect him. He would be in more dire straits though if he wasnt in the union. I dont think cta will fire him but maybe they can give him some grief and maybe he needs watching to see if he can correct his problems. Id like to know why he was selected as a bus wrangler at kimball belmont. 

Now in response to artthouwill, you did read I tried to flag him down and he waved his hand up at me and waved it cause I saw it. Im not lying. I know coming from your background as a bus operator you just cant fathom someone  being so mean. I tell you this all you need to do is ride his bus and youll see how he acts. One guy one time he was arguing with that got on at addison  blue line was poed at him and said  he was a real ahole. I was laughing because I can feel his frustration at the guy. What can you do. Im not the garage manager but someone out there knows him well enough to list his badge. I know myself from talking to operators just because they dont physically work together dont mean they dont know each other.

So first time in 3 days I ride a CTA bus and guess what the operator says to me. "Did he pass you up" i missed a bus to finally get to ride #8288. So I dont know if this issue is on everyones subconscious or what. Im getting this funny feeling already something was mentioned or he read about it. Now this is a good operator. He always talks to people and is generally a nice guy. They need more like him. He said he used to work at archer was in the marines and has a house in the far southwest suburbs. Funny the stuff you learn about people. I was laughing someone a few weeks ago asked him something  like is he polish or can he speak it cause this woman got on and only spoke it. He said he was 100 percent marine. So thats his nationality  so to speak 

Get that petition going. I confirmed with my friend who works at HR at the CTA is all they need is at least 25 people on a petition and they will recommend his firing immediately!! The union will NOT be able to do anything about it because it's not just one person complaining about him but more than 25.

53 minutes ago, PNW7380 said:

Get that petition going. I confirmed with my friend who works at HR at the CTA is all they need is at least 25 people on a petition and they will recommend his firing immediately!! The union will NOT be able to do anything about it because it's not just one person complaining about him but more than 25.

Somebody at HR at CTA seems pretty ignorant. Maybe you can give us his employee number, and we can start a petition against him. Since he is management, he not a member of the union, and hence is not protected. The driver you are trying to railroad is.

That is, unless you are posting b.s.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PNW7380 said:

Um....... it doesn't matter what company you work for. You are not going to be terminated with a petition of 25 people recommending such actions. You know if people in the public could do that, everyone would be out of a job. I've worked for the public for nearly two decades and have had my share of good and bad customers in that time frame. If the right infraction of the rules occurred following a progressive discipline guideline(Verbal, Written, Suspension periods of 25-100%, then termination), then yes you could be terminated. But if they followed a practice like 25 signatures on a petition equals termination, the CTA would have a turnover rate greater than the business out there that terminates the most employees in a calendar year.

Highly...... highly unlikely that such a practice would be done with CTA, or anywhere for that matter.

54 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Somebody at HR at CTA seems pretty ignorant. Maybe you can give us his employee number, and we can start a petition against him. Since he is management, he not a member of the union, and hence is not protected. The driver you are trying to railroad is.

That is, unless you are posting b.s.

I have to agree with you here, @Busjack. I think this is not true in the slightest.

I would like to apologize for this member that initiated this mess in an unprofessional, disgraceful manner. This member is banned but not only because of the profanity. It was also because of the fact the he or she disclosed a CTA operator's badge number in public, in which that can lead to legal trouble. I seriously don't want to deal with that along with Kevin, MetroShadow, and/or one of y'all. @BusHunter I've locked this topic until further notice. Please pm me in regard of this topic.