Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

Ditto. So it went from River to North Shore to now South?

Probably other locations, too. 6622 was an Aurora bus, then on the Lisle contract, then moved when Lisle got the 2700s. I'm not sure about the journeys 6649 took. 6664 had the interim stint at Academy.

Probably other locations, too. 6622 was an Aurora bus, then on the Lisle contract, then moved when Lisle got the 2700s. I'm not sure about the journeys 6649 took. 6664 had the interim stint at Academy.

Ok, I remembered 6622 being on Lisle routes. Interesting about 6664 being at Academy. What's getting me is #6221 being at South while buses #6220-30 (probably higher than that) are at North. How in the world did that bus squeezed it's way to South?

Ok, I remembered 6622 being on Lisle routes. Interesting about 6664 being at Academy. What's getting me is #6221 being at South while buses #6220-30 (probably higher than that) are at North. How in the world did that bus squeezed it's way to South?

Academy got a bunch of NABIs (both sizes) when the Orion Is started biting the dust. Don't bet on it, but I seem to remember that buses such as 6221 went to S to make up shorts before the whole bunch of W buses were moved when W got the Axess buses (some of those also to NS), to retire the remaining Orion Is and 2401 NABIs.

• Upvote 1

Academy got a bunch of NABIs (both sizes) when the Orion Is started biting the dust. Don't bet on it, but I seem to remember that buses such as 6221 went to S to make up shorts before the whole bunch of W buses were moved when W got the Axess buses (some of those also to NS), to retire the remaining Orion Is and 2401 NABIs.

Gotcha. The question is, are we going to have more Axess buses once NABI's and the reminding Orion's are retired or Pace is start bidding on a new manufacturer?

Gotcha. The question is, are we going to have more Axess buses once NABI's and the reminding Orion's are retired or Pace is start bidding on a new manufacturer?

There are still two contracts to ElDorado out there: for up to 416 diesel buses, and for at least 91 and up to 250 CNG buses. Both are good for 5 years after award, so the only impending deadline would be that options under the diesel contract would have to be exercised by some time near the end of 2016, which, of course would be for late 2017 delivery. CNG options could be exercised into 2019.

There are still two contracts to ElDorado out there: for up to 416 diesel buses, and for at least 91 and up to 250 CNG buses. Both are good for 5 years after award, so the only impending deadline would be that options under the diesel contract would have to be exercised by some time near the end of 2016, which, of course would be for late 2017 delivery. CNG options could be exercised into 2019.

Alright then. For now, we'll have to play the waiting game.

Ok I updated the pace roster. The #6240's Garmon spoke of have been at south, that's not a recent move. As far as the #6600's if I didn't know better I would say they might be interested in retiring those Nabi's first, they are 35 footers and what better place to send them then south as the CNG's are coming their way. They might be after the #6600's at River next. As I was spying in on the I-90 road construction project out NW, I was shocked to see the #600 now has a full load of people and from what I've seen they just do service from NW, so they get the bigger buses.

On the bus order front, Pace most likely can't get more than 100-150 buses a year, so they probably won't really get into the NAbi's until they receive the 91 CNG's. But they still have a few west Orions to deal with and SW could use some buses, probably NABI's or new Axess' once they come to the conclusion of the NW delivery.

Ok I updated the pace roster. The #6240's Garmon spoke of have been at south, that's not a recent move. As far as the #6600's if I didn't know better I would say they might be interested in retiring those Nabi's first, they are 35 footers and what better place to send them then south as the CNG's are coming their way. They might be after the #6600's at River next. As I was spying in on the I-90 road construction project out NW, I was shocked to see the #600 now has a full load of people and from what I've seen they just do service from NW, so they get the bigger buses.

On the bus order front, Pace most likely can't get more than 100-150 buses a year, so they probably won't really get into the NAbi's until they receive the 91 CNG's. But they still have a few west Orions to deal with and SW could use some buses, probably NABI's or new Axess' once they come to the conclusion of the NW delivery.

Considering Pace has spent the money to wrap the 6600s in blue, I wouldn't be shocked if they stuck around until 2017.  But they are 12 years old now (man time flies) and have been bounced around so many times. 

Ok I updated the pace roster. The #6240's Garmon spoke of have been at south, that's not a recent move. As far as the #6600's if I didn't know better I would say they might be interested in retiring those Nabi's first, they are 35 footers and what better place to send them then south as the CNG's are coming their way. They might be after the #6600's at River next...

There must have been something that impelled the move out of NS, but then you get the problem that most of N is also 6600s. If anything has tough mileage on it, it would be the NABIs that spent their whole lives at S (6162-6217 and 6653-60). It is also somewhat interesting that the 6600s running at S this morning were mostly the NS ones and not the ones previously at S.

There must have been something that impelled the move out of NS, but then you get the problem that most of N is also 6600s. If anything has tough mileage on it, it would be the NABIs that spent their whole lives at S (6162-6217 and 6653-60). It is also somewhat interesting that the 6600s running at S this morning were mostly the NS ones and not the ones previously at S.

Probably cause like you say they are better. They probably won't touch the north #6600's for awhile. If they could squeeze out up to #6500 this year that would probably take care of NW and West's Orions, they would then be about 40 Sw buses away from total Orion retirement.

Now what happens when they get to Axess bus #6601? They surely can't have #6601 NABi on the streets!! It would be sneaky however to remove the first 6 from the nabi's and just call them the #600's. ;):D Unless the plan is not to order buses that high. You have to figure 91 #11000 CNG's are coming. If that figures into the 416, then they would be talking 326 #6330's but still that gets them to #6660, so Houston they might have a problem!! xD

Now what happens when they get to Axess bus #6601? ...

Easy answer to that one (suggested by the paratransits and the pilot CNG): At some point we get 16300 or 16600. I noted when 6400 showed up that I was surprised that it wasn't 15300. Not sure why Pace currently is using inconsistent numbering systems.

Otherwise, you might be jumping it a bit on retirements, but I agree that we don't know the extent of this order.

... As far as the #6600's if I didn't know better I would say they might be interested in retiring those Nabi's first, they are 35 footers and what better place to send them then south as the CNG's are coming their way....

Given that only 6677 was on the scrap sale list, but the 2016 budget implies 7 are gone, could the other 6 be of South's original allocation (6653-6660) and thus dead as I suspected with respect to a couple I saw a couple of years ago? Anyone seen these in service lately?

• garmon757 pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Busjack said:

In this case, must have been a transfer from S. Again the question is what point there was to send 6600s from NS to S, if S is ending buses to W.

24 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

This might be to get rid of Orions at West, but what is replacing the south buses. CNG's?

I'm guessing West have better maintenance than any other division.