Pace Bus Moves

pace2322

Am I Late? 6376 was at the Homewood P&R Thursday around 5:30.

Maybe numerically dyslexic, as the Axess buses assigned to South start with 6379 (unless something strange happened).

Was it one of the one-door express buses? See the image link in this post.

Also, 6276 is among the blue 6262 NABI series transferred from West to South. Update: That's more likely what it was if it was on 353.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Impossible.... 6376 was on the #305 all day today.

It had to have been 6276, like Busjack said...

That appears correct. 6376 is on 322 now

post-14-0-96612800-1369747653_thumb.jpg

Also, i8 never said what kind of bus it was. NABIs, Axess, and Axess Express are each quite distinctive.

Ok guys (and girls). I was in Homewood, not the Twilight Zone. Now for what ever reason, 6376 was there. Why? I don't know. cta buses in Wisconsin (being delivered), cta trains in Chicago Hts (being destroyed), buses from various transit properties coming through Chicago being delivered. Just because a bus was seen "out of place" doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm with you all, been in transit for 40 years and yes I can make a mistake, but on this one I didn't. TO THAT END, I passed 6379 sb on Halsted@Ridge today at 6:10am:)

Ok guys (and girls). I was in Homewood, not the Twilight Zone. Now for what ever reason, 6376 was there. Why? I don't know. cta buses in Wisconsin (being delivered), cta trains in Chicago Hts (being destroyed), buses from various transit properties coming through Chicago being delivered. Just because a bus was seen "out of place" doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm with you all, been in transit for 40 years and yes I can make a mistake, but on this one I didn't. TO THAT END, I passed 6379 sb on Halsted@Ridge today at 6:10am:)

The latter is possible, because 6379-6385 are express buses assigned to 877-888.*

post-14-0-25524600-1370007158_thumb.jpg

But you goofed on your prior sighting. It it looked like 6379, then you got the wrong number on the other.

______

^6323-6376 are transits assigned to West. 6377-78 are assigned to 755/855.

6276 is assigned to Pace South. It has the same livery as 6376, but 6376 is assigned to Pace West, and is an Eldorado Axxess, wheras 6276 is a NABI bus. The key feature to note the difference is the front of the bus. While the Axxess has a rounded, sleeker front windshield area, the NABI is a flat faced square front. In all likelihood, the bus you saw was 6276

• 4 weeks later...

I may have found out what El Dorado buses were doing at North.

A new radio system was installed in our buses up here, and supposedly, the North garage did the installs for Highland Park, which makes sense, given HP's confined spaces. Plus for the size of the equipment, there may have been cost savings of shipping one larger order to one place too.

The Nextel walkie-talkies were taken out of service, but within a week they were reissued for a few days while some kinks in the radios were worked out.

A friend of mine physically saw radio related electronics being installed in the El Dorados, and another that does Ravinia shuttles told me he hadn't driven any El Dorados. There and again, this doesn't mean much necessarily, as he has done Ravinia shuttles for many years, so would probably already be familiar with them anyway.

EDIT: For clarification, I mean he has not had to drive any El Dorados in training at North.

I finally got to see #6323. It does have heavily tinted windows, you can barely see inside the bus and that's standing directly outside of it. I actually like it. They needed some tinting for the Orion windows, you can get a headache fast from the sun on those. (I don't think there's any tinting to the windows) BTW, I saw a huddle of CTA operators training over by the Ventra machine at Jeff Pk., they had the machine opened up and was giving a demonstration with Ventra cards. So some cards are out there. I doubt they bought their cards at Jewel!! :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...