PACE supervisors

MRChiCity

2 hours ago, MetroShadow said:

Adding to the second, road supervisors can be dispatched to view the area and make the appropriate changes. Pace has done this in the past (see: flooding along the Des Plaines), along with my experiences with the agencies in the Bay Area. Send the staff out to make the call and relay the detours in a bulletin.

There probably is advance knowledge on what streets a bus can and is allowed to operate.For instances, a bus is not going to be routed on a 30 foot wide residential  street or one with a weight limit, and Pace noted that when it was barred from using Yorktown as a layover point, it got permission from Downers Grove to use Branding.

7 hours ago, MRChiCity said:

Ok, the how come in the example I mentioned above how come they used 15th street when they had to reroute 422 when Lake street was closed due to a downed tree fallowing a micro burst? 

Why wouldn't they, unless you are saying they shouldn't have because 15th is a narrow residential street. Where exactly was the closure?

11 hours ago, MRChiCity said:

Yes 15th street is a narrow residential street, so why would they have used it as a reroute? Unless they took into account the fact that it goes through to Wilmette ave? Thanks 

Since you're not going to get an authoritative answer here, why not call up the North Shore Division at : (847) 869-3878* and ask for the safety supervisor?

________

*Number is on the back of the schedule, so it can't be that big of a secret.

• 5 years later...
On 7/26/2023 at 8:00 PM, MRChiCity said:

Do supervisor driver in those silver vans that say, "PACE emergency vehicle" on the side? I saw one on Chicago avenue in Evanston earlier today

nw division has a set of taxi/relief cars, all fords and silver, with pace stickers on the side that say "for offical pace use"  if a supervisor is out on the road, they will use one of those. sometimes they park at the major terminals or golf mill. but usually they dont spent too much time out and about. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds Like PACE supervisors can give passengers rides during a service disruption, I heard this on my scanner when the traffic for Ravina caused problems with the 213. Several buses got short turned, and apparently the supervisor was to take anyone waiting at the Highland Park Metra station if they were going to Howard. The bus that was at Highland Park was to return to the garage. 

On 7/29/2023 at 3:28 AM, OneofthewillsNW said:

nw division has a set of taxi/relief cars, all fords and silver, with pace stickers on the side that say "for official pace use"  if a supervisor is out on the road, they will use one of those. sometimes they park at the major terminals or golf mill. but usually they don't spent too much time out and about. 

I see Pace drivers take a Pace car to Crawford/Oakton, where they change drivers & the relieved driver just drives the car back to the Oakton garage.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Question: With Dempster Pulse still not tracking (6517 not listed, see below), are there street supervisors checking on its performance, or are the operators on their own?

image.thumb.png.ed833f3af12ab0fd2e3908c7f5291e7c.png

Is Pulse Dempster running today?  I know it runs on Sundays but I don't know if the powers that be intended to run it on Labor Day.  Technically Sunday service is in effect for Labor Say, but for this soft launch, it may not be running.  

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Is Pulse Dempster running today?  I know it runs on Sundays but I don't know if the powers that be intended to run it on Labor Day.  Technically Sunday service is in effect for Labor Say, but for this soft launch, it may not be running.  

I said in the Pulse Dempster topic it was (saw 6517 on my trip to and from Dunkin).

Now,  to repeat the question:

With Dempster Pulse still not tracking, are there street supervisors checking on its performance, or are the operators on their own?

On 9/4/2023 at 4:19 PM, Busjack said:

With Dempster Pulse still not tracking, are there street supervisors checking on its performance, or are the operators on their own?

There were no street supervisors at Milwaukee & Dempster on Sunday. Contemplate that the Niles route #410 also comes within one block of the intersection such that a supervisor could also monitor that route, but there were none. ?

4 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

There were no street supervisors at Milwaukee & Dempster on Sunday. Contemplate that the Niles route #410 also comes within one block of the intersection such that a supervisor could also monitor that route, but there were none. ?

410 is operated by Niles, so that isn't under Pace supervision. On the Pulse Line question I raised, one point does not make a 14-mile corridor. I would have expected a reply from a Pace NW employee.