Jump to content

Pace Breakdown Thread


Recommended Posts

I know it's long scrapped............lol

 

But I remember riding 6009 on the 270 years ago and every block the bus would shut down

 

Thinking this was around 2010/2011 so it was only around 10 years old. Never did like the 6000 Orion's glad they're gone now :/   

 

The Eldorados are 100x better, But still miss the Orion 1's

 

Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

This is an Orion VI post, so you guys may miss these but this was one of the blue wrapped ones.

Last summer, I was exploring Scoville Park and I saw bus 6159 on the 311. It was going at normal speed. When it was time for me to get on it, the bus was 12 minutes late and it was because the bus was going slow. It got slower and slower, and by the time we reached North/Narragansett, the bus was only like 3 mph. The driver had to take it out of service when we got to North/Narragansett. Due to how slow it was, I missed my 86 with the friendly driver (yes he still is here this year) and I had to ride a newer Nova with a driver I usually don't ride with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

6281 is having an issue. It was standing at Oak Park & Lake for about 20 minutes before the replacement (6286) came. 6281 might be having an issue and I am at my home close to that stop. In October, another person said that the exact bus broke down on Harlem. Sounds like 6281 might be going soon. 6286 came to the stop and then 6281 is going back to the garage, as it is still on the tracker after turning on Lake. Now, 6281 is stuck at Lake & Kenilworth a block west, as it is still on the tracker and it was running on 311 today. Looks like 6281 is dying. I check the tracker every day and it might be back out in a few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6281 is having an issue. It was standing at Oak Park & Lake for about 20 minutes before the replacement (6286) came. 6281 might be having an issue and I am at my home close to that stop. In October, another person said that the exact bus broke down on Harlem. Sounds like 6281 might be going soon. 6286 came to the stop and then 6281 is going back to the garage, as it is still on the tracker after turning on Lake. Now, 6281 is stuck at Lake & Kenilworth a block west, as it is still on the tracker and it was running on 311 today. Looks like 6281 is dying. I check the tracker every day and it might be back out in a few days.

Now 6281 is driving to the garage (it might be on a hook, but I think that is very unlikely)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6281 is having an issue. It was standing at Oak Park & Lake for about 20 minutes before the replacement (6286) came. 6281 might be having an issue and I am at my home close to that stop. In October, another person said that the exact bus broke down on Harlem. Sounds like 6281 might be going soon. 6286 came to the stop and then 6281 is going back to the garage, as it is still on the tracker after turning on Lake. Now, 6281 is stuck at Lake & Kenilworth a block west, as it is still on the tracker and it was running on 311 today. Looks like 6281 is dying. I check the tracker every day and it might be back out in a few days.

Can't say for sure if 6281 is dying without knowing why the bus is breaking down.  It could be as simple as the switch in the rear of the bus being left on "rear start".  Buses will shut down eventually in that position.

It would be a malfunction with the brake release on the doors.  It could be a thermostat.   As long as it isn't an engine or transmission issue, expect 6281 back on the road soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Can't say for sure if 6281 is dying without knowing why the bus is breaking down.  It could be as simple as the switch in the rear of the bus being left on "rear start".  Buses will shut down eventually in that position.

It would be a malfunction with the brake release on the doors.  It could be a thermostat.   As long as it isn't an engine or transmission issue, expect 6281 back on the road soon.

And 6281 is back on the road now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Around 8:30 AM today. I saw 6563 at Lake & Kenilworth broken down and passengers waiting outside. The driver takes out the triangle and puts it on the road. Somehow, the driver managed to get the bus working again and by the time I reached Kenilworth & North, the bus has already left the stop continuing on the 309.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

#6563 I believe has suspension problems.  I was on 307 2 months ago and when the driver kneeled the bus, it got stuck in the middle of kneeling and then it just drops down with a bang.  I thought the bus got rear ended; driver thought the same thing but nothing happened behind us.  He kneels the bus again at another stop and same thing happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

#6563 I believe has suspension problems.  I was on 307 2 months ago and when the driver kneeled the bus, it got stuck in the middle of kneeling and then it just drops down with a bang.  I thought the bus got rear ended; driver thought the same thing but nothing happened behind us.  He kneels the bus again at another stop and same thing happens.

You said the second sentence and after in another thread last week, so I know about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 5:14 PM, artthouwill said:

Today bus 6325  shut down a few times when the driver made stops,  but one time it lost power and stopped while on the ramp from SB Rt 83 to WB Roosevelt on Rt 313.  Hoping this isn't a  trend with engine shutdowns with these Eldorados.

Today its 6706 that has shut down multiple times.   I've lost count.  This has cause this bus to shut down on Butterfield Rd where the speed limit is 40 to 45mph.  I gave only experienced this on the Eldorado Axxess buses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

#6961 has a dead motor in the bus on shoulder lane at pulaski i55 outbound

What's a dead motor?  Is Heritage checking the oil in their buses?  Are we sure it's the motor?  It could be an alternator  or alternator belt issue.  It could be, but shouldn't be, a fuel issue, as in running out of fuel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

#6315 or 16 was at cermak/lagrange with a dead engine. It had died right in the outer left turn lane there off sb lagrange onto EB cermak.

On a side note saw both west and sw training operators today. Sw was training with eldorkos and west had a nabi out.  

That was 6315, because an hour ago I saw 6316 on the tracker operating the 319. What is even crazier right now is that I am listening to my YT vids of 6315 I made in early April.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, BusHunter said:

#6315 or 16 was at cermak/lagrange with a dead engine. It had died right in the outer left turn lane there off sb lagrange onto EB cermak.

On a side note saw both west and sw training operators today. Sw was training with eldorkos and west had a nabi out.  

One day later 6315 is already back in service. Maybe that could have been 6319 that broke down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

One day later 6315 is already back in service. Maybe that could have been 6319 that broke down.

Maybe it wasnt as bad as it looked. It's an old bus and they can have stupid things go wrong with them. Soon they wont have to deal with them. The nfs are coming. Most likely they'll be coming to west too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 8:48 PM, chicagocubs6323 said:

#6563 I believe has suspension problems.  I was on 307 2 months ago and when the driver kneeled the bus, it got stuck in the middle of kneeling and then it just drops down with a bang.  I thought the bus got rear ended; driver thought the same thing but nothing happened behind us.  He kneels the bus again at another stop and same thing happens.

6563's kneeling has been fixed. The rear door is having some issues now which is kind of weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...