Pace Breakdown Thread

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

6298 (YAY) is probably having an issue at Lake & Austin probably, the engine is running and the bus operator is on the phone but no triangle present.

Not necessarily.   That's the layover for the 309, 313, and 315.  Driver may have been off the bus on a personal call.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • MetroShadow unpinned this topic
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

#6375 was on the hook last night headed to West. First time I saw an eldorado being towed.

I think these buses are 8 going on 9 years old.  West got the first batch and currently NW gas the first batch of suburbans. I rode it suburban recently on the 606 and it was an oven on that bus.  Even though the FTA life of the buses is 12 years, Pace's history has been to run these buses 17 to 18 years, which would mean we're stuck with these Eldorados for another decade. I'd hope the CNGs and electrics would display the oldest Axxess buses version we will see. 

18 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I think these buses are 8 going on 9 years old.  West got the first batch and currently NW gas the first batch of suburbans. I rode it suburban recently on the 606 and it was an oven on that bus.  Even though the FTA life of the buses is 12 years, Pace's history has been to run these buses 17 to 18 years, which would mean we're stuck with these Eldorados for another decade. I'd hope the CNGs and electrics would display the oldest Axxess buses version we will see. 

I dont know. We may get surprised with that answer. Pace seems to be on the fast track when it comes to environmentally friendly buses. I dont think they will be buying too many more diesels except for mcis. They will probably want to push its diesels out  im wondering where the 6400s and 6700s are going anyway. All they can really displace is a few eldorkos in the city unless they want to give Elgin some. 

20 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The first batch at West (6323-6376) were delivered between 11/2012 and 4/2013. The first batch of suburbans (6377-6391) arrived between 5/2013 and 8/2013 and are allocated to River Division at Elgin or East Dundee.  The 606 has been joint between River and NW since June 2011 and since the 2016 service improvements most journeys are provided by River.

27 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

The first batch at West (6323-6376) were delivered between 11/2012 and 4/2013. The first batch of suburbans (6377-6391) arrived between 5/2013 and 8/2013 and are allocated to River Division at Elgin or East Dundee.  The 606 has been joint between River and NW since June 2011 and since the 2016 service improvements most journeys are provided by River.

SW has a few suburbans now. Was working UPS one day and discovered #6381 pulling in on the #390. I was like whoa, how many of those do they have? 

Originally the subarbans came in to do the oakbrook service #888, #877. South got a little over half and river got the rest. When south got the CNGs they lost the suburbans. (#888 was last done by CNGs, I believe). Then they went to river but this was after dundee got the I-90 buses. A couple went to sw, but for a small time river had them all. I guess sw got a few more. 

• Upvote 1