Resumption of Pace routes and services

renardo870

• 4 months later...
On 11/29/2023 at 6:48 AM, rotjohns said:

At the January board meeting, Metzger said that the I-55 buses were overcrowded because Heritage is short 18 drivers, not ridership. In general, what's preventing restoration of service is the lack of drivers. There  are the related issues that work ridership is heavier Tues-Thurs, and people are not just riding during the traditional rush hours. She mentioned that getting some 45-foot coaches could allow transporting more passengers with fewer drivers.*

*But that doesn't happen instantly, either.

On 1/18/2024 at 4:27 PM, Busjack said:

At the January board meeting, Metzger said that the I-55 buses were overcrowded because Heritage is short 18 drivers, not ridership. In general, what's preventing restoration of service is the lack of drivers. There  are the related issues that work ridership is heavier Tues-Thurs, and people are not just riding during the traditional rush hours. She mentioned that getting some 45-foot coaches could allow transporting more passengers with fewer drivers.*

*But that doesn't happen instantly, either.

Coincidently, all I-55 buses have their destination signs stating "Pace Is Hiring."  I haven't seen that on any other regular route bus (though I'm sure it's possible).  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rotjohns said:

Coincidently, all I-55 buses have their destination signs stating "Pace Is Hiring."  I haven't seen that on any other regular route bus (though I'm sure it's possible).  

Not coincidentally.

It also makes me wonder about putting a garage at a place that is not a population center. Pace may have to run a shift change bus from Joliet to Plainfield.

On 1/22/2024 at 10:52 AM, rotjohns said:

There was one on Route 213  this morning.

On 1/22/2024 at 10:52 AM, rotjohns said:

Saw it also on an East Dundee ElDorado running back to depot on I-90 on Friday Evening

• 4 weeks later...