Possible Weird Bus Sightings

jesi2282

I wonder if #1405 and #6864 showed up on Bustracker today when they were working these Kedzie routes? Could Novas be on the move to Kedzie Garage or is this just another fill-in that has no effect on future bus assignments?

my guess is a fill in

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could Novas be on the move to Kedzie Garage or is this just another fill-in that has no effect on future bus assignments?

I'm sure that's all it is.

This is a confirmed weird bus sighting. Im at the firehouse today, I spotted NovaBus #6468 working the #18 16/18 route.

That sure is a werid sighting. It seems like #6468 is all over the place lately.

I am leaving for California sat. I plan to visit Los Angeles and San Diego and then on to Guatemala on Aug 7th. One of the things I plan do is some bus and rail fanning. I will have pics to post, Im going to be sure to be discreet when I do it. I will also take a few pics of the Guatemala bus system. Last time I was there they ran front engine, 35ft Mercedes Benz and 60ft artics. I will write from Guatemala. See you all in two weeks! :)

I hope you have fun and be sure to get photos for us. Be safe too.

It not that weird now, since #6468 has been assigned to Archer for the past few weeks, so this isn't a fill-in either.

Actually it is because 18 16th/18th is still assigned to Kedzie not Archer. It didn't go to Archer with 21, 50 and 60.

About 10:30 this morning I saw #6267 northbound on the #9 Ashland turn eastbound on Fullerton. It was empty and the destination sign showed Irving Park. Was this a short turn? If so, anyone know the routing it's using to get back southbound? It looked like it was heading for Southport.

According to Bustracker, 6267 is still running on Ashland going southbound now.

• 2 weeks later...

Again, I apologize. The first thing that came to my mind about #6468 was Archer Garage, so sorry for the mishap.

Like I said, that's okay :).

Anywho, i'm not sure if this is a werid sighting or not, but I spotted #543 today inside the Logan Square Blue Line. And to make sure that people know that i'm not lying, I took a picture of it. Here it is:

post-18-1218409538_thumb.jpg

Like I said, that's okay :).

Anywho, i'm not sure if this is a werid sighting or not, but I spotted #543 today inside the Logan Square Blue Line. And to make sure that people know that i'm not lying, I took a picture of it. Here it is:

post-18-1218409538_thumb.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, I think this is one of the Blue Line shuttle buses that CTA has in operation while the Blue Line is shut down between Montrose and Jefferson Park stations for slow zone repair work this weekend. Along with the usual shuttles that would obviously run between Montrose and Jefferson Park, the CTA is also running one that starts at Logan Square to Jefferson Park for Blue riders who need to exit at an accessible station to get pass the work zone to Jefferson Park and beyond.

If I'm not mistaken, I think this is one of the Blue Line shuttle buses that CTA has in operation while the Blue Line is shut down between Montrose and Jefferson Park stations for slow zone repair work this weekend. Along with the usual shuttles that would obviously run between Montrose and Jefferson Park, the CTA is also running one that starts at Logan Square to Jefferson Park for Blue riders who need to exit at an accessible station to get pass the work zone to Jefferson Park and beyond.

True. The Montrose, Irving Park, Addison, and Belmont blue line stations are not wheelchair accessible. Have to go down to Logan Square for the next accessible station after Jefferson Park.

True. The Montrose, Irving Park, Addison, and Belmont blue line stations are not wheelchair accessible. Have to go down to Logan Square for the next accessible station after Jefferson Park.

Thank you to you both.

I have to say it was weird to see Flxible #5709 leaving Jeff Pk on the X54. I remember years ago when the 5300 Flxibles were in charge at Jeff Pk. Now you get the feel that soon 5300s will no longer be seen ever again at JPk.

There were a couple of FG Novas heading southbound on Kimball today (near Milwaukee/Diversey) and one (#6860) had all its digital destination signs set to "72 California"- no flip-. Anyone have any reasoning for this sighting?

Two things:

1) The signs were broken.

2) #56 Milwaukee might being rerouted. I do remember seeing an alert on CTA's website about a possible reroute in the area.

There were a couple of FG Novas heading southbound on Kimball today (near Milwaukee/Diversey) and one (#6860) had all its digital destination signs set to "72 California"- no flip-. Anyone have any reasoning for this sighting?

It might be for extra service for 72 for the air and water show. The extra service operates between California and the Clark. I remember in my ealry teen years the streetcars operated between Kedzie and Clark for extra beach service. I used to keep the supervisor company at Kedzie

It might be for extra service for 72 for the air and water show. The extra service operates between California and the Clark. I remember in my ealry teen years the streetcars operated between Kedzie and Clark for extra beach service. I used to keep the supervisor company at Kedzie

I guess Forest Glen could have been running extras on the #72 to North Ave. Beach

Perhaps.

the #56 was not rerouted today.

Okay, and you know that ... how? Did you actually ride it yesterday? And as I said before, it might have.

Perhaps.

Okay, and you know that ... how? Did you actually ride it yesterday? And as I said before, it might have.

Perhaps he's able to say that because there were no customer alerts posted indicating a temporary reroute. CTA has gotten fairly thorough in posting alerts about any reroutes in a timely manner, unless it's one initiated by the police or fire departments during an emergency situation which CTA management and supervisors would not know about right away. There were no mentions of emergency situations in that area so it's safe to rule that out. Not to mention, it's not necessary to physically ride the bus to know there were no reroutes on the 56 because it's on Bustracker, and any deviations from the route near Kimball would be easy to spot. I'm guessing Busexpert may have checked the tracker and saw no 56 buses deviating at Kimball to be able to make his statement. We don't want to start pouncing on people because they make a statement that differs from what we may be guessing is going on.

Perhaps he's able to say that because there were no customer alerts posted indicating a temporary reroute. CTA has gotten fairly thorough in posting alerts about any reroutes in a timely manner, unless it's one initiated by the police or fire departments during an emergency situation which CTA management and supervisors would not know about right away. There were no mentions of emergency situations in that area so it's safe to rule that out.

The only thing is (i'm not trying to be scarcastic or anything here), that there was an alert. I'll put a link here in a little bit if it's still up there. Also, from where I read it, it wasn't an emergency, so we could rule that out.

EDIT: I was right about the alert thing being gone. Its gone.

Not to mention, it's not necessary to physically ride the bus to know there were no reroutes on the 56 because it's on Bustracker, and any deviations from the route near Kimball would be easy to spot. I'm guessing Busexpert may have checked the tracker and saw no 56 buses deviating at Kimball to be able to make his statement

Bustracker shows reroutes? That I didn't know, because the last time there was a reroute, it didn't show the buses rerouting. It simply showed the time of the bus arrival go up.

We don't want to start pouncing on people because they make a statement that differs from what we may be guessing is going on.

I'm not, i'm being respectful, so no worries :). Also, I simply asked a question, but if it came out sarcastic, I apologize. I think i'll just stick with everyone else's opinion that those were extra #72's.

Bustracker shows reroutes? That I didn't know, because the last time there was a reroute, it didn't show the buses rerouting. It simply showed the time of the bus arrival go up.

It shows the long term reroutes. Short ones as you are saying happened on Milwaukee would show the buses travel the regular route to the start point of the reroute. The icons then drop off the map along the reroute and then reappear when the buses get back to the regular route.

It shows the long term reroutes. Short ones as you are saying happened on Milwaukee would show the buses travel the regular route to the start point of the reroute. The icons then drop off the map along the reroute and then reappear when the buses get back to the regular route.

The only thing I can tell you is that it was a temporary route (for the day or for a few hours i'm guessing due to street blockage).

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think qualifies to be a weird sighting, but it's the only place I can think of to put it. This morning when I was on bus 6879 on #24 going north, at Archer 2 buses, 6663 and another, I forgot, ended their southbound trips at Clark as #62 and turned from southwest to south on Clark. Does anyone know if those 2 buses are beginning their runs as #21 or was it something else?

• 2 weeks later...