andrethebusman99 Posted July 8 Report Posted July 8 Looking over new 6/26 bus schedules found a couple of oddities: Looks like most "owl" runs are gone. Last PMs finish up after 3am, first AMs start before 3am, the old type 10pm-6am runs look like they are gone! When did this change? Also, looks like midday parking at Lower Randolph is gone. Any ideas when? Finally, Kedzie still has three "Sheridan" runs K431 to K433, trippers. K431 is the real oddity - delivers to South Shops in AM, then picks up from South Shops in PM. First time a single run has ever done that as far as I know. Andre Quote
nflyer22 Posted July 10 Report Posted July 10 Anecdotal, as I live by Archer and I have no insider information. Perhaps around middle of last year? I took an early morning ride on N62 May of last year to Midway and still caught the '248' night run. Since either last year's summer or autumn pick the 247-250 night owl runs of the 62 disappeared based on loose observation, seeing middle 22x runs well past midnight. Quote
Busjack Posted July 10 Report Posted July 10 The other thing noted on this forum are: 1. Schedules for routes such as 9 show that N9s start or end as 9. 2. An N4 run guide shows that the runs end downtown or at 95th and deadhead to 77th, apparently due to safety concerns at 79th. Quote
Sam92 Posted July 10 Report Posted July 10 On 7/8/2026 at 5:03 PM, andrethebusman99 said: Looking over new 6/26 bus schedules found a couple of oddities: Looks like most "owl" runs are gone. Last PMs finish up after 3am, first AMs start before 3am, the old type 10pm-6am runs look like they are gone! When did this change? Fall 2024. Either they start in the early evening or sometime after 2am. On 7/8/2026 at 5:03 PM, andrethebusman99 said: Also, looks like midday parking at Lower Randolph is gone. Any ideas when? Probably since the frequent bus network started. Whatever extras from 77th and 103rd that laid up downtown looks like the blocks got tweaked to go to #4, #J14 and #79 for the extra midday service. On 7/8/2026 at 5:03 PM, andrethebusman99 said: Finally, Kedzie still has three "Sheridan" runs K431 to K433, trippers. K431 is the real oddity - delivers to South Shops in AM, then picks up from South Shops in PM. First time a single run has ever done that as far as I know. Andre That sounds like the SS blocks that show up sometimes in the maths22 tracker. I think all garages have one that cycles buses that need heavier work back and forth to south shops. I think FG uses 56 for one. Quote
andrethebusman99 Posted July 10 Author Report Posted July 10 4 hours ago, Sam92 said: Fall 2024. Either they start in the early evening or sometime after 2am. Probably since the frequent bus network started. Whatever extras from 77th and 103rd that laid up downtown looks like the blocks got tweaked to go to #4, #J14 and #79 for the extra midday service. That sounds like the SS blocks that show up sometimes in the maths22 tracker. I think all garages have one that cycles buses that need heavier work back and forth to south shops. I think FG uses 56 for one. Every garage has done this since 1950s at least. In CSL days went to West Shop instead. Usually two per garage each day. Quote
MetroShadow Posted July 13 Report Posted July 13 I think we looked at the preview sheet of service changes for 2025 where K (or 7) wasn't going to have straight owl runs after 8pm for safety reasons. If that's the case, I think the schedulers opted to create those blocks at either end of the owl period (so as not to put drivers at relief points at risk). Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted July 13 Report Posted July 13 One more thing to add, all reliefs happen between 6:00 AM and 8:00 PM daily. There are no more reliefs after 8:00 PM, that was the case since Winter Pick. 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.