South | Southwest | Heritage Divisions - Changes & Restructuring

Busjack

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Busjack said:

I wonder if there is yet any significance, but for the past couple of days, several CNG transits have been on 877 and 888 (tonight 15508 and 17504).

That has been common for months. The correlation seems to be that highway buses are sometimes used on 360 and 361.

• 10 months later...
56 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

More changes are coming to 511 and 512 to serve the new CTDI facility. Due to 511 being excessively long, this change will break the downtown transfer opportunity to southbound trips.

Surprised they aren't doing the pace thing of just calling it the 511 and having the 512 be designated as a "B" trip or whatever. Especially since its only 3 total trips during each peak.

46 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Surprised they aren't doing the pace thing of just calling it the 511 and having the 512 be designated as a "B" trip or whatever. Especially since its only 3 total trips during each peak.

I had that thought when 512 was created. Now at least the northbound routing is different, but I don’t think anything is being served by that segment.

• Kevin unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...

I went by the new Harbor Freight warehouse in Joliet, and the building to the south of it which will be leased by Walmart. They both have bus turnarounds similar to the ones at Mars and CTDI. I haven't heard anything about new bus service, but it's good to see that the facilities are designed with transit use in mind.

7 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I went by the new Harbor Freight warehouse in Joliet, and the building to the south of it which will be leased by Walmart. They both have bus turnarounds similar to the ones at Mars and CTDI. I haven't heard anything about new bus service, but it's good to see that the facilities are designed with transit use in mind.

In an effort to see what exactly you were talking about, I now know why the Mars stop is named as such, I'd wondered for years how it got that name. I then realized I was in the wrong location entirely, but after finding them, I do appreciate them incorporating buses into the design build. The 379 F trips just had to make awkward turns around parked cars in the lot lol.

EDIT: The route diagrams for 511/512 are not to scale at all, sheesh