Pace bus stop signs

Busjack

I spotted some new Pace Bus Stop signs this morning along Oakton st. in Des Plaines. Has anyone else spotted any?.
Since this has nothing to do with Academy, I moved the thread.

About a month ago, Pace had a contract award for new signs. However, is there any significance to the ones on Oakton, such as a new design or other than a paste over for the number? Also, where on Oakton (i.e., east or west of where the buses diverge to the Metra station)?

• 5 months later...

There are a couple on Golf Road between Harlem and Waukegan Roads on the 208. They have the (silly) new wrench logo and a slightly different type. Also the blue is a darker more navy color.

yeah I saw those too. I like the old ones better.

• 1 month later...

There's also 1 at Touhy/Milwaukee westbound. It's been there for at least two months.

The new signs are now being installed along Golf and Algonquin roads in Schaumburg and Arlington Hts. A few of the #606 route stops have the new signs now.

• 4 weeks later...

Would anyone here be able to post a picture of a new sign and one of an old sign for comparision? I saw a lot of the old ones with the yellow when I was in Chicago last time but I forgot to look for new ones on 606.

Something like the attached.

post-14-1214493447_thumb.jpg

As far as looking for them on a particular route, apparently they are being replaced as needed, and not on an en mass basis. Trainman had found the concentration on Golf east of Harlem, but usually it is a sign here, a sign there.

As far as looking for them on a particular route, apparently they are being replaced as needed, and not on an en mass basis. Trainman had found the concentration on Golf east of Harlem, but usually it is a sign here, a sign there.

I concur. There seems not to be any wholesale replacement of older signs with new ones. I have found another new one on the 221 at Wolf and Algonquin (or was it Dempster...someplace along that stretch) northbound.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Would anyone here be able to post a picture of a new sign and one of an old sign for comparision? I saw a lot of the old ones with the yellow when I was in Chicago last time but I forgot to look for new ones on 606.

Here are the original RTA bus stop signs+the old and new PACE bus stop signs.

post-451-1236643753_thumb.jpg

post-451-1236643774_thumb.jpg

post-451-1236643794_thumb.jpg

Here are the original RTA bus stop signs+the old and new PACE bus stop signs.

One of the old RTA signs can still be found along the Pace #696 at Algonquin/Weber on the NB side.

• 1 month later...