X mas bus

cta 5555

I had the Chicago av xmas bus Saturday.Its 1400 i pulled it out on to the 54.

Cool. Wish you were able to get pictures to show how festive it looks. On a side note, I haven't seen as many buses show the holiday greetings on their destinatioon signs this year. I've seen some 1000s on the 12 and 52 display them, but I haven't gotten to get around as much to see many others beside those two routes display them.

Cool. Wish you were able to get pictures to show how festive it looks. On a side note, I haven't seen as many buses show the holiday greetings on their destinatioon signs this year. I've seen some 1000s on the 12 and 52 display them, but I haven't gotten to get around as much to see many others beside those two routes display them.

In Downtown, I see a lot of the 146's and 29's show the "Season's Greetings" signs, along with a picture of a candy cane, reindeer with a sleigh, and a Christmas tree.

Let's see if the chicagobus.org members can find out what bus from each garage has been christened the 2008 Christmas Bus. Watch those buses you board and look for the decorations and be sure to get the number of the buses!!! I'll mark them on this table here.

2008 Christmas Buses

Archer Garage:

Chicago Garage: 1400

Forest Glen Garage: 6847

North Park Garage:

Kedzie Garage: 4008

74th St. Garage:

77th St. Garage: 1913

103rd St. Garage:

I had the Chicago av xmas bus Saturday.Its 1400 i pulled it out on to the 54.

That's cool, though it would have been interesting if a 6000 from Chicago was the christmas bus. Do you have any idea when 1400 will be on #76 or #53? So I could look out for it and hopefully get a picture.

Let's see if the chicagobus.org members can find out what bus from each garage has been christened the 2008 Christmas Bus. Watch those buses you board and look for the decorations and be sure to get the number of the buses!!! I'll mark them on this table here.

2008 Christmas Buses

Archer Garage:

Forest Glen Garage:

North Park Garage:

Kedzie Garage:

74th St. Garage:

77th St. Garage:

103rd St. Garage:

I think that's cool that you have this list. I'll be looking out for any FG or NP buses (while traveling to and from school) that have decorations on them and will be sure to get numbers of them.

In Downtown, I see a lot of the 146's and 29's show the "Season's Greetings" signs, along with a picture of a candy cane, reindeer with a sleigh, and a Christmas tree.

I haven't gotten into downtown as much as I'd like yet this holiday season, but I plan to sometime among these next ten days leading into Christmas.

2008 Christmas Buses

Archer Garage:

Forest Glen Garage:

North Park Garage:

Kedzie Garage:

74th St. Garage:

77th St. Garage:

103rd St. Garage:

77th Xmas bus is #1913. I've been on it. It has a couple strings of lights along the windows, a wreath on the bike rack and garland along a few poles around the rear door. It also has snowflakes painted on the windows and cold chill frost painted around the window bottoms and sides. Nothing as elaborate as #6847 in years past, of which you can find past versions on Flickr and YouTube.

Kedzie Xmas Bus is 4008. Saw it returning to the garage leaving Belmont/Halsted.

I got to see #1400 on the #20 yesterday. The outside is quite festive. It has colored icicle lights hanging from the top of the bus along the sides and has illuminated 2 - 3 foot candy canes strung along side the sides of the bus. #4008 is just decorated on the interior. Looks like it has the same color garland as #1913. #1400 brings back memories of old North Park Christmas buses of the past. I remember one year #5859 having almost the same exterior makeup as #1400 this year. Also before 1995 I remember #4436 being there Christmas bus. They used to put a giant wreath over the rear window taking up most of that space and it had candy canes also. But #6847 of years past is the granddaddy of any christmas bus I've ever saw. Simply unbelieveable!! Poles wrapped to look like candy canes, lights strung all over, illuminated christmas presents over the fronts wheels, car cards wrapped to look like presents. But the best thing was the PA system hooked up to play Christmas music. Alvin and the Chipmunks while you travel down Milwaukee!! If that didn't get you into the Christmas spirit nothing will.

But the best thing was the PA system hooked up to play Christmas music. Alvin and the Chipmunks while you travel down Milwaukee!! If that didn't get you into the Christmas spirit nothing will.

Or, if your one of those types who'll really miss some of our soon-to-be departed buses(a.k.a the Flxible 5300's, TMC 4400's, and the New Flyer 5800's), you'll probably be singing along to Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'... :blink: .... :lol:

Or, if your one of those types who'll really miss some of our soon-to-be departed buses(a.k.a the Flxible 5300's, TMC 4400's, and the New Flyer 5800's), you'll probably be singing along to Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You'... :blink: .... :lol:

I was thinking more on the terms "I'll be home for Christmas" the old xmas tune. That's all the true busfan wants. All of those are on life support and can be retired in the blink on an eye. Although some may show up as work buses. Probably the #5800's most likely.

It'll be interesting to see what North Park's Xmas bus will be. In the past, it seemed as though TMC 4463 received the honor most of the time. 4463 also seemed to be the bus used in a lot of the parades around the city.

Don't you mean 4436? I remember that being the Christmas bus. It had a car radio/CD player installed right behind the drivers seat up above to play the festive music.

2008 Christmas Buses

Archer Garage:

North Park Garage:

74th St. Garage:

103rd St. Garage:

We're running short on time before Christmas and the removal of decorations from the CTA Buses. Anybody seen any Christmas buses from any garages that haven't been represented yet?

• 10 months later...

I know it's early to bring this topic forward... but it seems like the Holidays are coming quicker and quicker now(93.9 already has Christmas music on)... with that said, I'm bringing this topic toward the front of the pack so when the CTA Garages decorate a bus for Christmas, we can hopefully spot it and tag it here...

2008 Christmas Buses(50% Spotted)

Archer Garage:No Bus Spotted

North Park Garage: No Bus Spotted

74th St. Garage: No Bus Spotted

103rd St. Garage: No Bus Spotted

2009 Christmas Buses(38% Spotted)

Archer Garage:

Chicago Garage: 2009

North Park Garage:

Kedzie Garage:

74th St. Garage:

77th St. Garage: 1947

103rd St. Garage:

I'd like to see this year's number at 100%, but all Garages will have to decorate at least one bus for that...

Best Period To Commence Search: 11/27/09-12/24/09

Update: 3 days until Christmas. We found 50% in 2008, are we not even going to meet that number this year?

I know it's early to bring this topic forward... but it seems like the Holidays are coming quicker and quicker now(93.9 already has Christmas music on)... with that said, I'm bringing this topic toward the front of the pack so when the CTA Garages decorate a bus for Christmas, we can hopefully spot it and tag it here...

2008 Christmas Buses(50% Spotted)

Archer Garage:

North Park Garage:

74th St. Garage:

103rd St. Garage:

2009 Christmas Buses(0% Spotted)

Archer Garage:

Chicago Garage:

Forest Glen Garage:

North Park Garage:

Kedzie Garage:

74th St. Garage:

77th St. Garage:

103rd St. Garage:

I'd like to see this year's number at 100%, but all Garages will have to decorate at least one bus for that...

With all of the bus shuffling, would it be wise to decorate any bus only to see it shuffled to another garage?

• 3 weeks later...