6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

11 hours ago, alphabetlore1044 said:

@Shannoncvpi Said When 6783 says on the WB 2 and still has a 2 in the back, in service with 6472 the community bus. I think 6783 is probably retired

Yea idk the exact number on the bus with the 2 still on it but i remember 6783 it was parked in the back of C in 2018 cause I use to go in the lot & film a video & it was there I walked up to it & got the number I think 6712 is the there work bus but I'm trying to figure out what route it did last I wonder did it do the 2 put of 7 before being retired that's the reason 2 is stuck on the back sign ?

7 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea idk the exact number on the bus with the 2 still on it but i remember 6783 it was parked in the back of C in 2018 cause I use to go in the lot & film a video & it was there I walked up to it & got the number I think 6712 is the there work bus but I'm trying to figure out what route it did last I wonder did it do the 2 put of 7 before being retired that's the reason 2 is stuck on the back sign ?

That’s former 6783 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bus1883 said:

I feel that those 6400s may be back there for a minute. From the looks of it is that no one is seems interested in purchasing them for scrap maybe there could be rebidding back to back don’t take my word for it I may be wrong either way. 

CTA scrap contracts don't work that way. They are for bids for plus or minus the spot price of scrap metal by weight. Unless all the scrap yards are put out of business, someone will take them. It isn't like Pace in the old days selling intact buses to private operators and the like, and once CTA drains fluids and seizes the engines, the only place for them is the shredder.

In fact, a contract on that solicitation has been awarded.

On 5/4/2023 at 4:59 PM, Busjack said:

CTA scrap contracts don't work that way. They are for bids for plus or minus the spot price of scrap metal by weight. Unless all the scrap yards are put out of business, someone will take them. It isn't like Pace in the old days selling intact buses to private operators and the like, and once CTA drains fluids and seizes the engines, the only place for them is the shredder.

In fact, a contract on that solicitation has been awarded.

Dam 275k for junk buses well the yard can make that back all they are going to do is get the cats & good parts off the buses like the good rims & tires & whatever else they can before smashing it

47 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam 275k for junk buses well the yard can make that back all they are going to do is get the cats & good parts off the buses like the good rims & tires & whatever else they can before smashing it

I think you misread the $275K. CTA expects to be paid $275K. The ordinance says "revenue-generating contract."

On the rest, probably. Since the scrap is sold by weight, it depends if some parts are worth more as salvage or scrap. Clearly, most of the weight is in the engine, and after CTA decommissions it, there's nothing left salvagable.

IIRC, CTA only leases the tires.