6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

Rebid from time to time - Sims just keeps winning.

So I assume November is when they’ll come and pick up these #6400’s what are they going to do with the ones at the other garages leave them there and have them get hauled away from there instead of the boneyard?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 10:14 PM, William Miles said:

Do anyone knows what is the update on the old  cta nova bus 6400 series 

No as far as I know the next step real soon is we expect them to get hauled away once all buses are ready. A few may still are getting their fluids drained. All buses are retired.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, William Miles said:

Do anyone knows what happen to the cta old Nova 6400 series. And do anyone has any idea when the cta going to update the cta bus garage pages. Because it's said that the 6400 series still in service 

The last remaining 12 or 13 were all retired before September. Regardless if roster that you're viewing haven't been updated to showcase that they are indeed retired. The retiring process began in 2014 and lasted up until 2022. #6472 may be the only bus left active for time being since it is apart of the historic fleet. 

15 hours ago, William Miles said:

Do anyone knows what happen to the cta old Nova 6400 series. And do anyone has any idea when the cta going to update the cta bus garage pages. Because it's said that the 6400 series still in service 

From my knowledge what is going on is that I’m pretty sure that the fluids have been drained from all buses by now. The could of been instruction novas will be hauled away along with the regular 6400’s for scrap soon.

18 hours ago, William Miles said:

And do anyone has any idea when the cta going to update the cta bus garage pages.

If you mean on this site, that isn't CTA property, and you should PM @garmon757 (the administrator), who is busy with his real job on the rails. The only way to get the official roster is to FOIA it.