6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

Guest ChicagoRail
2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam 7 down bad on buses they pulled a 6800 out 

Sometimes when the new can't do you right, it's time to bring back the old.

12 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I definitely thought I was real since yall do have 8405 

Effen Photoshop again. Someone did a lot of work on it, but didn't do enough on the 6800. Magnifying the image, the F garage sticker is clearly visible, and while the run box is partially obscured, it's an F. Also, putting some thought into it, the 6800s had Twinvision signs, not Luminators, and hence the signs on both buses would have "th" in lower case. Someone must have stolen a sign from an early 7900.

19 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Effen Photoshop again. Someone did a lot of work on it, but didn't do enough on the 6800. Magnifying the image, the F garage sticker is clearly visible, and while the run box is partially obscured, it's an F. Also, putting some thought into it, the 6800s had Twinvision signs, not Luminators, and hence the signs on both buses would have "th" in lower case. Someone must have stolen a sign from an early 7900.

It was a good ass job tho they did well I didn't pay attention to the run box I know buses a roll out of 7 with other garage stickers

7 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

It was a good ass job tho they did well I didn't pay attention to the run box I know buses a roll out of 7 with other garage stickers

I had originally bought the picture. I agree that the windshield sticker wouldn't have been changed, especially if the bus had been pulled from the SS yard. However, more digging indicated too many discrepancies, including the wrong font on the sign, F run number, and whether an F run number would generate an 8 Halsted-79th sign.

8 minutes ago, Busjack said:

I had originally bought the picture. I agree that the windshield sticker wouldn't have been changed, especially if the bus had been pulled from the SS yard. However, more digging indicated too many discrepancies, including the wrong font on the sign, F run number, and whether an F run number would generate an 8 Halsted-79th sign.

Yea I didn't think about looking at the run box cause I don't put nothing pass 7 to go get buses from SS from other garage so I didn't think to look there

9 hours ago, Busjack said:

The signage as far as the lowercase "th" depends on the route. The signs that was placed on the 6800 came from a 1000. ? Stickers hardly matter these days as buses from all over the city that have been moved months prior still have stickers from there old garage. The run box is obscured due to the ISO setting from the camera as well. All in all I figured someone would catch on to the joke. ???

10309555554_f919d66089_b.jpg

10636022156_6780cf395c_4k.jpg

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

The signage as far as the lowercase "th" depends on the route. The signs that was placed on the 6800 came from a 1000. ? Stickers hardly matter these days as buses from all over the city that have been moved months prior still have stickers from there old garage. The run box is obscured due to the ISO setting from the camera as well. All in all I figured someone would catch on to the joke. ???

It would have been cool af tho is a Nova was back running the streets again but like I said I don't put nothing past 7 cause they uses everybody buses

15 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

The signage as far as the lowercase "th" depends on the route. The signs that was placed on the 6800 came from a 1000.

Aside from how they are programmed, the font on the one on 6864 is what one would expect of a Twinvision, while from wherever the sign for the April Fool bus came is what one would expect of a Luminator. Note that both buses in the post have a 7 run number.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

Aside from how they are programmed, the font on the one on 6864 is what one would expect of a Twinvision, while from wherever the sign for the April Fool bus came is what one would expect of a Luminator. Note that both buses in the post have a 7 run number.

Yeah that's true. I'll try harder next year. ???

On 4/4/2023 at 9:29 PM, YoungBusLover said:

Just noticed 6875 says to 94th I've been driving on this end of the city for the past year & where does the 4 have room to turn around what did it use to do a u turn ?? since cottage is wide enough on that end 

7 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Just noticed 6875 says to 94th I've been driving on this end of the city for the past year & where does the 4 have room to turn around what did it use to do a u turn ?? since cottage is wide enough on that end 

There's a turnaround at Cottage Grove and Burnside near the viaduct on the west side of the street.  That was the turnaround before the 4 started going to Chicago State University.   CTA was trying to purchase property adjacent to the turnaround with hopes of reestablishing that terminal but the union balked citing safety concerns.   I think that was discussed in the X4 Cottage Grove Express thread.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

There's a turnaround at Cottage Grove and Burnside near the viaduct on the west side of the street.  That was the turnaround before the 4 started going to Chicago State University.   CTA was trying to purchase property adjacent to the turnaround with hopes of reestablishing that terminal but the union balked citing safety concerns.   I think that was discussed in the X4 Cottage Grove Express thread.

Oh its like on a side street right be that high gas station 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Yeah the old terminal was demolished years ago but I'm not sure exactly when though.

585572051_94thBurnsideterminal4.thumb.png.fb1b8cc3e41e50dbea111e1b75095a41.png

891197854_94thBurnsideterminal3.thumb.png.c5e759a6b8abac46ec8fcaec1df332c9.png

42963967_94thBurnsideterminal.png

2109584610_94thBurnsideterminal2.png

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Oh see I didn't know that was the turn around spot when I came south they was going to CSU & 115th now they just going to 115th 

Yeah everything is going to 115th except for the X4 and certain runs that pull-in  or pull out from 95th depending on the time of day.