NABIs Pulled from Service

Kevin

Apparently not all NABI's were parked at 103rd. I saw 7649 this morning at around 10 northbound on State at Polk. It turned east at Polk. It had NOT IN SERVICE on the sign and the run box showed P999.

At least those in T8H's photos were in the number range for 103--7500 to 7550. I don't see any numbers higher than that, and hence would assume that they are elsewhere. However, why they would be taking the risk of driving an "out of service" one downtown is beyond me. Did you get the fleet number?

BTW-I was going to ask T8H how he arranged to have the buses flash his slogan, but I know better. :lol:

Looks likely #6726 and #6738 back in service at North Park. Are they not scrapped yet?
Why should they be? Some lessor owns them until 2014.

I suppose it will have to be determined what made this particular bus split, but seems not to be just lack of maintenance.

You're probably right, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the investigation determines.

Speaking of which, if you've guys never seen the Hubner joint fully exposed well then this link will be of use to you guys, http://www.atu1572.org/ArticHinge.htm

That's MT's union website and the bus in the photos is a 1997 D60LF which utilizes the same joint as your NABIs do.

I took a ride down to 103rd today and snapped a few photos of all the NABI's removed parked all over outside the garage.

Boy, CTA brass is going to be P.O'ed with you, T8H5307A!!! Getting on board the NABI's and making their crawls say "Photos by T8H5307A"!!! :lol:

j/k, though! Nice photos!!!

OT, now if you can make the bus say "This Bus Driven By Zombies"!!! :o

As much as i liked the Nabis, they would scare the hell out of me while riding them on the Lake Shore lines A.K.A Route 151. Between the interior lights shorting out on a bad bounce to the engine sounding like it wold cut off or catch fire, these buses are truly lemons yet i hope an arrangement is worked out between CTA & Nabi so the buses can continue for the remainder of their 12 year service life

As much as i liked the Nabis, they would scare the hell out of me while riding them on the Lake Shore lines A.K.A Route 151. Between the interior lights shorting out on a bad bounce to the engine sounding like it wold cut off or catch fire, these buses are truly lemons yet i hope an arrangement is worked out between CTA & Nabi so the buses can continue for the remainder of their 12 year service life

Although I like the design and look of the Nabi artics, too bad they are lemons!

http://forum.chicagobus.org/index.php?show...amp;#entry18053

just like I said in this topic.

during the fight,there were people running on artic joint,stepping on them,and I think that's was caused this problem.

There's no way jumping on the turntable of the joint would cause such a serious problem. They're not of plastic, they're made of robust steel.

The bus magazines have a delay for some reson, they may take up the NABI issue at a later time. As for the San Diego NABI's, MTS only took delivery of NABI because of CNG. All new orders of 35' and 40' are from NF. Back in 89' they order 25 (201-225) Ikarus buses and they were junk and I mean junk because I worked at the Imperial Yard where they were and talk about a day spoiler. And after that they decided not to order any from NABI, until now of course.

The bus magazines have a delay for some reson, they may take up the NABI issue at a later time. As for the San Diego NABI's, MTS only took delivery of NABI because of CNG. All new orders of 35' and 40' are from NF. Back in 89' they order 25 (201-225) Ikarus buses and they were junk and I mean junk because I worked at the Imperial Yard where they were and talk about a day spoiler. And after that they decided not to order any from NABI, until now of course.

Of course, NABI has a big press release on its site about San Diego BRTs. Ah, the world of PR.:wub:

BTW, the only out of town entry in Google News refers to this story from Denver, but that appears to refer to the high floor NABI artic.

Guest ctafan630

Wow, whoever put the video clips together really is clueless when it come to buses :o

I would hope the CTA Man Artics (as shown in the Denver video) have been pulled from service.

Guest ctafan630

Only problem is CTA doesn't have anymore MAN artics. Those got retired about 4 to 5 years ago. So that worry is moot.

Did you look at the Denver video story? The Denver news story showed the MAN Artics in the video - not the NABI buses. I knew well before you post the MAN artics were no longer in service.

Second the CTA does have a MAN artic. Please see the thread label South Shops Adventure. Take a look at the first picture. In the background there is a MAN artic - yes it is no longer in service but the CTA still has one.

Did you look at the Denver video story? The Denver news story showed the MAN Artics in the video - not the NABI buses. I knew well before you post the MAN artics were no longer in service.

Second the CTA does have a MAN artic. Please see the thread label South Shops Adventure. Take a look at the first picture. In the background there is a MAN artic - yes it is no longer in service but the CTA still has one.

But if you look at the post I responded to, the person making it says he hopes the MAN artics are removed from service after seeing this news story. So whether I mention the MAN artic at South Shops or not the overall point is still the same: there are none in service, and haven't been for 4 to 5 years, so he doesn't have to worry on that front. The arctics to be concerned about are currently the NABIs. Maybe he meant NABIs but inadvertently wrote MAN, I don't know. NABIs weren't mentioned in the post.