New Flyers (2006)

Buslover88

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still don't understand why you're freaking out since only half of the 5300's are going to still be here after the delivery. If you do the math correctly, it would only leave about 200 buses (give or take) remaining, and you shouldn't worry about those buses not being out of Chicago Garage...they...will....be....all...over....town.

I still haven't heard any word on the "supposed" new buses in Chicago.  Either the CTA has them parked at a garage indefinately, or we just didn't get them yet and whoever said they saw #1002 on FOX must be incorrect in that report, because I checked all the news sites and there is nothing about the Mayor welcoming New Low Emission Buses to Chicago and no video of #1002.  If those people who say they saw this report are insistent about it, go to the Garages that house the 5300's and look around for any of the #1000 series(these garages most likely will get the first batch of these buses) and try to snap a few photos for proof, or post a link to the story about the Mayor welcoming the new buses.

Zolk had excerpted the CTA press release on the home page; if you want a link, which was also posted on that page, here it is: http://www.yourcta.com/news/ctaandpress.wu...rticleid=116659.

You could have also done a Google news search for "Chicago Transit Authority + 265" and received 4 results.

I'm sure you can stake out the barns (starting with Archer) just as well as any of us (don't forget, you were the one who claimed to know where they would be assigned).

I guess this means sw was somewhat correct on his predictions, although I don't know why 74 seems to have been relegated to the old equipment again. Also, Archer's (upper 5600-5769) seemed in much better shape than those in other garages (especially 77th, Kedzie and the few at 103).

No..the New Flyers are only at Archer, Kedzie & Chicago...YAY! Their at Chicago....by the way, when will the New Flyers start coming on #76 and at the Chicago Garage? I will try to take Pictures of the Buses on #49 Western. By the way, maybe 74th should get the New Buses insted because 5600-5769 are just fine

There's likely some bus shuffling that will occur due to the new buses arriving. 77th and 103rd may ultimately receive some of Archer's Flxibles since they are newer or could even end up getting some of Archer's Novas.

Delivery of the buses should be complete by the end of this year, so I'd expect New Flyers to start showing up at Kedzie and Chicago sometime this fall.

Also, no 5300s will be retired immediately due to the need to increase the fleet.

There's likely some bus shuffling that will occur due to the new buses arriving. 77th and 103rd may ultimately receive some of Archer's Flxibles since they are newer or could even end up getting some of Archer's Novas.

Delivery of the buses should be complete by the end of this year, so I'd expect New Flyers to start showing up at Kedzie and Chicago sometime this fall.

Also, no 5300s will be retired immediately due to the need to increase the fleet.

Also, due to the bus assignment shuffling, 74th will probably receive its first low-floor buses (in the form of some of 77th's and Archer's Novas).

Thanks for shedding some light on where the #1000 New Flyers are right now, Kevin.

For those who mentioned the CTA having them prior to a assignment garage added to their link, I wish to apologize for doubting your word.  I just prefer to see some sort of proof(pictures, assignment, etc...).

I know that you said that the only newer/used models(Flxibles and Novas)will be used at the 103st garage and 77th garage.But due too the New Flyer(1000 series),I was wandering if the south side garages will recive the New Flyer(5800 series) later on in the year or next year. If anyone knows please update me on this topic!!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't even think North Park is even affected by this, nor Forest Glen for that matter. If the shuffling occurs, it'll happen at the West and South Side garages...I don't see to consider moving some of those 65 buses to another garage if North Park won't be receiving anything in return.

Maybe when the Optima's come out by the end the year, but that's still a ways off.