3200-series - Updates

sw4400

Within the past few weeks, #3415-16 received a full rehab including the digital run number boxes. Previously, it was LED destination sign-only rehabbed. This pair is now assigned to the Orange Line, where yesterday I saw the digital LED run number being displayed on that unit at Roosevelt (it was the lead unit in a Loop-bound consist of mixed-series cars when I was inside a 2600-series car on a Midway-bound train consist). It was the first time that I have seen a functioning LED run number box on an Orange Line train in person.

On another note, #3207-08 went back to the Orange Line without having received any further rehabs (it remained LED destination sign only rehabbed since it was transferred from the Orange to the Brown Line several months ago).

Right now, 3351-3352 and 3435-3436 are still OOS after the incidents.

Which brings up that CTA ordered 257 sets of components (plus 4 test kits), so what does CTA intend to do with these cars, or did it over order?

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

It's on your list. 

Yeah but its only posted it has updated led signs. They are sneaking these cars with led signs only past me but now I'll be looking at those cars to see what i missed. Now where is #3331-32? I'm currently searching kimball yard. Lol!!

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 7:33 AM, garmon757 said:

@BusHunter You can add #3255-56 as a full rehab with LED run boxes. They look too damn fresh out of rehab sitting at Kimball Yard yesterday. 

Hmm i could have swore I just saw those unrehabbed. Now who needs glasses, me or you? :P its currently heading towards adams wabash nb rear car. Ill take a picture  if i can get ahead of  it.  On the first afternoon purple line express right now.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm i could have swore I just saw those unrehabbed. Now who needs glasses, me or you? :P its currently heading towards adams wabash nb rear car. Ill take a picture  if i can get ahead of  it.  On the first afternoon purple line express right now.

Shame!!! xD

8 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Shame!!! xD

And my vision is 20/20!! xD No glasses or contacts. Train was moving though and there was a little bit of glare. B| That's my excuse/defense.

My next question would be where is #3255-56. I was all over the brown line the last two days and didn't see --it!! o.O

On 4/27/2017 at 6:19 PM, BusHunter said:

And my vision is 20/20!! xD No glasses or contacts. Train was moving though and there was a little bit of glare. B| That's my excuse/defense.

My next question would be where is #3255-56. I was all over the brown line the last two days and didn't see --it!! o.O

#3255-56 were at Kimball Yard when I saw it last week. Lol little bit of glare??? xD

Looks like when the brown line runs quads, they all have the updated led signs. I was going to say they  ran all rehabbed cars but there are a selected few still not rehabbed. Maybe 5 percent.

Btlw finally saw #3255-56. Its up on the fence in kimball yard by lawrence.