Last TMC RTS

MRChiCity

3 hours ago, MRChiCity said:

Look at this , two things that are long gone. By the way was Kedzie or Chicago running the 20 Madison bus at this time? Did Chicago have any TMC's? ThanksChicago_Stadium-March95.jpg

Chicago Ave has had TMC's from opening in 1994 til 2001-2002 when most of them that were assigned there, Archer and FG went to 103rd

6 hours ago, cta5658 said:

Chicago Ave has had TMC's from opening in 1994 til 2001-2002 when most of them that were assigned there, Archer and FG went to 103rd

Even in 2001, C was 1/3 TMC, 1/3 Flx, and 1/3 Nova. As you noted above, it lost the TMCs when 6709 to about 6755 were delivered. Before that, each garage had some TMCs. Buses were more evenly spread between 1995 and 2001, and the only garage that didn't regularly have Flxs was NP (which had the NFs).

11 hours ago, MRChiCity said:

Ok, but which garage was running the 20 Madison? Kedzie or the newly opened Chicago garage?  

C had it pretty much from the beginning of C. Bill V. has 7/94 for both tthe garage opening and 20 being assigned to it.

Update: Since the Chicago Stadium was demolished in 1995, the question is whether the picture was taken after some 6000s were received, and some TMCs were moved out of 77th and K.

20 hours ago, MRChiCity said:

So Kedzie still had TMC'S after it got Flex's? When did Kedzie get rid of the renaming TMC'S?

There were a couple, although memory serves that they might have been former NP buses (4480s). Don't know the second.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2018 at 9:26 AM, Busjack said:

There were a couple, although memory serves that they might have been former NP buses (4480s). Don't know the second.

On 7/28/2018 at 3:07 PM, MRChiCity said:

So Kedzie still had TMC'S after it got Flex's? When did Kedzie get rid of the renaming TMC'S?

I believe Kedzie got rid of their TMCs when they received New Flyers 1000s (1600/1700s) plus 800s/900s around late 2007 with more than few got sent to 103rd.  I remember rode them majority on old 127 (Madison/ Roosevelt Circulator) 

On 7/27/2018 at 12:26 AM, MRChiCity said:

Look at this , two things that are long gone. By the way was Kedzie or Chicago running the 20 Madison bus at this time? Did Chicago have any TMC's? ThanksChicago_Stadium-March95.jpg

I remember back in 1995/96 I when I rode CTA all over, I did see plenty of TMCs were working the Old 16 (Lake) during Green Line Rehabilitation, then 20, 53, 66, 72 and 54.  I've got to admit that I miss the Rare RTS Look with Back Windows and they were much faster before their Rehab.  Then after their Rehab, they ran like crap.

4 hours ago, qwantae said:

I've got to admit that I miss the Rare RTS Look with Back Windows

I wonder if that was unique  to CTA, as most others had air conditioners or the backs blacked out. However,  I seem to remember some  Canadian Classics with windows like that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 10:42 PM, cta5658 said:

Then around late 2001 or early 2002, some of those TMC's went to 103rd, 77th and 74th

I never forgot when 103rd had #4761, when that unit was involved in 2007 fatal shooting left Julian HS Student "Blair" dead while tried to break up the fight while it was working the 103.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2018 at 7:39 PM, Busjack said:

I wonder if that was unique  to CTA, as most others had air conditioners or the backs blacked out. However,  I seem to remember some  Canadian Classics with windows like that.

Yes, About the Classics with back Window were popular at Montreal and most cities at Canada, then Santa Monica (only USA Agency that had back window).  Then there were very few agencies at Canada include Ottawa (OC), Toronto (TTC) and few others at Ontario had Canadian Orion 5s with back window also.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, MRChiCity said:

As of last month it was ten years since the TMC's were retired for good. Thoughts?

I rode them a lot back in the day out of Forest Glen on Irving Park and near the end out of North Park on Lincoln and other North Park routes. Some had good giddyup, others were sluggish. #4484 whined while being accelerated from the rear... a sound hard to describe, but not one I've heard on other TMC's then. The wheelchair lifts frequently had issues and wouldn't deploy or retract fully(the latter causing the bus to be disabled and done until a mechanic came out).

But ultimately, if I had to rate them on a 10-scale, I'd say they were a 6/10.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:24 PM, qwantae said:

I never forgot when 103rd had #4761, when that unit was involved in 2007 fatal shooting left Julian HS Student "Blair" dead while tried to break up the fight while it was working the 103.  

RIP to blare holt & did 4761 ever come back to service before retirement