Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted March 21 Report Posted March 21 Despite 4074 being in excellent condition and not having squeaking noises every time the bus hits a bump in the rear, it has a really large rust spot in the back. Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted March 23 Report Posted March 23 #4153 and #4138 are in the boneyard considering the large rust spot on 4051 to the right of the rear door, it’s possible that 4051 might now be retired. Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted March 28 Report Posted March 28 I caught a ride on #4189 and #4191 this week. A lot of downsides to 4189: Both interior displays do not work (like mentioned in a previous post), old shield at 103rd (not the smartest idea), a ton of rattling in the back from the poles/roof and also a seat that apparently has cracked apart from the frame (the seat is still usable its just separated and makes a LOT of loud noise when the bus accelerates), and the signs on this bus often say "NOT IN SERVICE, run 1992" - but it has worked before. 4189 also has this weird sound effect in the engine that makes it sound kind of bad. Otherwise 4189 is a decent bus and does get the job done. #4191 in my opinion is a lot better in shape, there is no loud rattling unless the bus hits a big bump and the loud noises only last for a second, a lot easier to people's ears. Both interior displays do work in 4191, it has a new shield installed in 2022, the signs have not yet been updated to be aligned to the left so this bus is just like #4144 with the signs centered in the middle. The run box can be replaced as it's barely readable, but I took two rides on 4191 yesterday and this bus also sounds just like normal and clean without any weird noises. 1 Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted April 3 Report Posted April 3 I doubt #4178 is coming to service I know it was in an accident but they been moving it around I didn't even see its front end. It also has a rust spot in the back which means its probably not coming back. I still have no clue if other buses OOS since 2023 are returning from the dead, like #4193, #4192, #4187, #4183, #4172 for example. Quote
Master58 Posted April 3 Report Posted April 3 6 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: I doubt #4178 is coming to service I know it was in an accident but they been moving it around I didn't even see its front end. It also has a rust spot in the back which means its probably not coming back. I still have no clue if other buses OOS since 2023 are returning from the dead, like #4193, #4192, #4187, #4183, #4172 for example. Any updates on #4105? Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted April 4 Report Posted April 4 2 hours ago, Master58 said: Any updates on #4105? not sure Quote
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted April 4 Report Posted April 4 @Erin Mishkin Jr. 4178 should be at 200 E Oakton out front Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted April 4 Report Posted April 4 1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said: #4178 is headed off to MCI. 1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said: @Erin Mishkin Jr. 4178 should be at 200 E Oakton out front It looks like it’ll be seeing service soon Quote
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted April 4 Report Posted April 4 30 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: It looks like it’ll be seeing service soon how? Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted April 4 Report Posted April 4 8 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said: how? I thought MCI is a repair shop for buses that need major repairs Quote
Busjack Posted April 4 Report Posted April 4 1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: I thought MCI is a repair shop for buses that need major repairs It's NF's local service center. Apparently CTA didn't want to or couldn't do the job itself No different than sending a bus to Bus and Truck or Prevost Parts. Quote
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted April 4 Report Posted April 4 2 hours ago, Busjack said: It's NF's local service center. Apparently CTA didn't want to or couldn't do the job itself No different than sending a bus to Bus and Truck or Prevost Parts. oh so it’s going for frame work then there’s a major rust spot in this pic Quote
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted April 4 Report Posted April 4 #4107 is back in service ghosting on the 6 Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted April 5 Report Posted April 5 I’m not too positive on this but I’m guessing this is 4046? Quote
YoungBusLover Posted April 5 Report Posted April 5 38 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: I’m not too positive on this but I’m guessing this is 4046? That is either #4067, #4098 or #4198. Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted April 5 Report Posted April 5 39 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said: That is either #4067, #4098 or #4198. It’s not 4098 because 4098 is on the 19 at this moment. It could be 4067 but the ad on this artic is brand new and was added within the last 10 days so that can’t be 4198. Quote
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted April 6 Report Posted April 6 4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said: That is either #4067, #4098 or #4198. definitely not 4198……4067 or 4046 Quote
andrethebusman Posted April 11 Report Posted April 11 Technical.question - are the CTA hybrid artics all parallel hybrids (engine and battery both used for propulsion) or serial hybrids (engine only acts as a generator feeding battery, with electric motor sole propulsion)? Were the 900s serial hybrids and 800s parallel hybrids? Quote
Busjack Posted April 11 Report Posted April 11 33 minutes ago, andrethebusman said: Technical.question - are the CTA hybrid artics all parallel hybrids (engine and battery both used for propulsion) or serial hybrids (engine only acts as a generator feeding battery, with electric motor sole propulsion)? Were the 900s serial hybrids and 800s parallel hybrids? All artićs are parallel. Yes to paragraph 2. Quote
YoungBusLover Posted April 11 Report Posted April 11 On 4/5/2026 at 4:10 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: I’m not too positive on this but I’m guessing this is 4046? Found out it is #4106. Quote
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted April 12 Report Posted April 12 16 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said: Found out it is #4106. you sure it’s #4106? as far as i know none of the artics at North Park have a top dog wrap in the rear. Quote
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted April 12 Report Posted April 12 2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said: Found out it is #4106. 2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said: you sure it’s #4106? as far as i know none of the artics at North Park have a top dog wrap in the rear. It’s possible they rewrapped 4106 while it was at SS because when I saw it get towed in it had this wrap, if it is 4106. Edit: one more thing to keep in mind, the artic in the original picture has the old “RIGHT TURN in front of bus is illegal” sticker and 4106 has the new sticker with the small graphic on it Quote
Sam92 Posted April 12 Report Posted April 12 9 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: It’s possible they rewrapped 4106 while it was at SS because when I saw it get towed in it had this wrap, if it is 4106. Edit: one more thing to keep in mind, the artic in the original picture has the old “RIGHT TURN in front of bus is illegal” sticker and 4106 has the new sticker with the small graphic on it Are they slowly still rehabbing 4000s? I think that right turn illegal sign came with major rehabs I know the #1000s started getting them during they're big rebuild (damn that was a decade ago 😳) 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.