4000-series DE60LF - Updates - Rehabs

BusHunter

16 hours ago, Elkmn said:

i was thinking about how there are so many routes without bendy buses that should have bendy buses, but would bendy buses on the 3,4, 66 and 79 work better if there were "bus bubbles/bulbs" so buses wouldn't have to pull up to the curb? I know they do that with bus stops on streets with protected bike lanes like belmont.

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

They'd have to slow down the schedules to make them work and CTA doesn't wanna do that for artics to only be used on 1-2 routes out of a garage

Discussed in various places (no reason to scatter this). but in particular for 4300s, they were put on 79 when the Dan Ryan rebuild was completed, but didn't last there long. I don't know if it was for the reason @Sam92 said, but the questions I raised before were with bump outs, the bus would block the street, and what about the back door.

8 hours ago, Sam92 said:

They'd have to slow down the schedules to make them work and CTA doesn't wanna do that for artics to only be used on 1-2 routes out of a garage

However though, chicago garage has quite a few routes that might benefit from articulated routes

20 Madison

(maybe) 54

In response to buses blocking the street, most buses dont stop for longer then a minute, and a lot of routes I mentioned are on wide (4-lane) roads and drivers can pass the buses. The back door situation is also pretty easy, just add an extra bubble for people exiting through the back door. Even if only one or two routes use articulated buses out of chicago garage, it's still worth it, given how the 66 gets more use than some 'l' lines. 

2 hours ago, Elkmn said:

However though, chicago garage has quite a few routes that might benefit from articulated routes

Again, C had artics and got rid of them. Maybe you can find out why.