4000-series DE60LF - Updates - Rehabs

BusHunter

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

From what I saw up close in the boneyard it is on LTH/LH and for now you can presume it retired for now. It has similar damage that #4082,#4119, and #4167 has.

20210109_162340.jpg

20201220_150314.jpg

20211024_062807.jpg

Is that #4119 in the bottom picture? Damn CTA is getting messed up. These artics need to run on express routes. What the heck is an artic doing on cermak at 5am? They run the buses ragged on these mainline routes. Pretty soon theyll be so messed up they wont be able to do the Jeffery or #147? Thats alot of artics down. And the scary part is therrs no bus order for them to bail them out!! 

59 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Is that #4119 in the bottom picture? Damn CTA is getting messed up. These artics need to run on express routes. What the heck is an artic doing on cermak at 5am? They run the buses ragged on these mainline routes. Pretty soon theyll be so messed up they wont be able to do the Jeffery or #147? Thats alot of artics down. And the scary part is therrs no bus order for them to bail them out!! 

The 21 is on the lower end of the 30 busiest routes in the city and is one of the busier routes out of Kedzie not shared with another garage (only the 12 & 82 see more passengers)

Kedzie also needs to run their artics and since they refuse to regularly run them on the 82 for whatever reason, the 12 & 21 is where they go. Doesn’t hurt that these are actually routes prone to crush crowds and whatnot

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

4082 top and middle, 4195 bottom

4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The 21 is on the lower end of the 30 busiest routes in the city and is one of the busier routes out of Kedzie not shared with another garage (only the 12 & 82 see more passengers)

Kedzie also needs to run their artics and since they refuse to regularly run them on the 82 for whatever reason, the 12 & 21 is where they go. Doesn’t hurt that these are actually routes prone to crush crowds and whatnot

Approximately 8 or more years ago Kedzie did assign quit a few artics on the 82 including full assignment of them on weekends than ended a short time later. This is hearsy from a driver at Kedzie that said The Lincolnwood Town Center north terminal did not want the artics there anymore. Maybe Shannon knows some older drivers that could shed light on this.

21 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

Approximately 8 or more years ago Kedzie did assign quit a few artics on the 82 including full assignment of them on weekends than ended a short time later. This is hearsy from a driver at Kedzie that said The Lincolnwood Town Center north terminal did not want the artics there anymore. Maybe Shannon knows some older drivers that could shed light on this.

From what I heard imma say it like this the white folks was acting like babies with the artics that way 

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Strange, I wouldnt think that with the pink line nearby. Must be all the people from berwyn and cicero. 

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Strange, I wouldnt think that with the pink line nearby. Must be all the people from berwyn and cicero. 

11 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

On the 21 yea

Same reason the 56, 36 (and to a lesser extent, the 29 are all still in service, people need access to the places in between stations. These routes all parallel CTA trains, but the streets are commercial corridors. I’m betting this is also why the 7 has no weekend service, since it serves a much more residential area.

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Same reason the 56, 36 (and to a lesser extent, the 29 are all still in service, people need access to the places in between stations. These routes all parallel CTA trains, but the streets are commercial corridors. I’m betting this is also why the 7 has no weekend service, since it serves a much more residential area.

You are correct my friend, not much activity outside of the UIC corridor on weekends especially during the summer. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yea cause & thats why the 7 is even slower then all of the other routes run like every 30 mins you miss 1 bus your screwed surprised they extened it to 10-11 pm cause out side of med district & Uic aint much 

13 hours ago, sht6131 said:

Sounds like a similar issue Ford City owners complained about no more than a decade ago with buses being all over the place in that parking lot strip. Maybe constructing a designated terminal in the mall or adjacent to the mall would fix that problem. 

28568786578_0f61d030cd_o.jpg

14 hours ago, sht6131 said:

Instead of terminating the 82 at Lincolnwood Town Center, would it make sense to terminate it at the Howard/McCormick terminal currently used by the 11? Because of the design of that terminal, the 82 would probably have to run via Touhy, Kedzie, and Howard to get to the terminal. If space for both the 11 and 82 is a concern, the 11 can be truncated at Devon, and the 96 can be rerouted via Kedzie to cover the lost service on the 11.

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Sounds like a similar issue Ford City owners complained about no more than a decade ago with buses being all over the place in that parking lot strip. Maybe constructing a designated terminal in the mall or adjacent to the mall would fix that problem. 

Yea people just set trip about anything

2 hours ago, Anthony Devera said:

Instead of terminating the 82 at Lincolnwood Town Center, would it make sense to terminate it at the Howard/McCormick terminal currently used by the 11? Because of the design of that terminal, the 82 would probably have to run via Touhy, Kedzie, and Howard to get to the terminal. If space for both the 11 and 82 is a concern, the 11 can be truncated at Devon, and the 96 can be rerouted via Kedzie to cover the lost service on the 11.

That was the north terminal of 82 that originated late 1956 when it was combined with California via Foster, California Howard, It than became Kedzie Homan California. Did many passenger counts on the corner of Howard and California.

On 1/7/2022 at 12:39 PM, YoungBusLover said:

I remember a decade or so ago, buses use to terminate and restart their routes on the westbound side of Ford city instead of east but now they go on the eastbound side. I do remember a while ago about Ford City getting renovated or not I can’t really remember built I’ve seen new restaurants near it. I totally agree with u that they should construct a bus terminal as well as part of the rehab if they plan on making that happen.

53 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

I remember a decade or so ago, buses use to terminate and restart their routes on the westbound side of Ford city instead of east but now they go on the eastbound side. I do remember a while ago about Ford City getting renovated or not I can’t really remember built I’ve seen new restaurants near it. I totally agree with u that they should construct a bus terminal as well as part of the rehab if they plan on making that happen.

I also wonder if any plans for extending the Orange Line to Ford City could have an effect on the bus terminal at Ford City in the future?

3 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

The new terminal at Ford City on the east side used by cta 54B, 67 and 79 and Pace 382 (RH only - currently suspended) opened on 11/16/2016. Other Pace routes that formerly served the west side (379, 383, 384 & 385) stopped serving the Mall 10/23/2016.