4000-series DE60LF - Updates - Rehabs

BusHunter

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I also wonder if any plans for extending the Orange Line to Ford City could have an effect on the bus terminal at Ford City in the future?

I was thinking of that too, if this actually takes place my wild guess this could cause a bit disruption or tearing down one area of Ford city but hopefully this shouldn’t be a complete headache.

23 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

The new terminal at Ford City on the east side used by cta 54B, 67 and 79 and Pace 382 (RH only - currently suspended) opened on 11/16/2016. Other Pace routes that formerly served the west side (379, 383, 384 & 385) stopped serving the Mall 10/23/2016.

Damn only one Pace route gives access to Ford City. Service cuts for 379, 384 & 385 or something? 

28 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Damn only one Pace route gives access to Ford City. Service cuts for 379, 384 & 385 or something? 

No moreso if it doesn't terminate at the mall the stop was moved to the street. Routes are the same except they go straight at Ford city. 

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I also wonder if any plans for extending the Orange Line to Ford City could have an effect on the bus terminal at Ford City in the future?

59 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

The new terminal at Ford City on the east side used by cta 54B, 67 and 79 and Pace 382 (RH only - currently suspended) opened on 11/16/2016. Other Pace routes that formerly served the west side (379, 383, 384 & 385) stopped serving the Mall 10/23/2016.

37 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

I was thinking of that too, if this actually takes place my wild guess this could cause a bit disruption or tearing down one area of Ford city but hopefully this shouldn’t be a complete headache.

If it happens I doubt ford city would be the generator considering the decline of shopping. HOWEVER it's still a good move considering that time between midway to ford city in traffic can be brutal. It can replace 54B (extend 54 to midway or bring back X54 with weekend service.) Far south side gets a closer connection to midway (not only important for travel but job access) via 79th now terminating at an extended Orange line. 

17 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

382 was the only one terminating at Ford City, the others continue north on Ciceroto Midway with no cuts. 382 was only running 8 journeys a day at rush hours and has not run since 4/20/2020.

19 hours ago, Sam92 said:

If it happens I doubt ford city would be the generator considering the decline of shopping. HOWEVER it's still a good move considering that time between midway to ford city in traffic can be brutal. It can replace 54B (extend 54 to midway or bring back X54 with weekend service.) Far south side gets a closer connection to midway (not only important for travel but job access) via 79th now terminating at an extended Orange line. 

The return of the X54 would be a nice edition.  

20211017_0409312.jpg

23 hours ago, Sam92 said:

This extension to Ford City would definitely save traveling time as opposed to sitting in Cicero Ave traffic.   Those Pace routes could return to Ford City since there would be a rail transfer there.  However I think cutting the 54B back to Midway station wouldn't be wise.  There are still people along Cicero between 59th and 67rh that need to travel in both directions and there is a shopping area along the west side of Cicero in Bedford Park starting from Walmart.

I don't know if CTA has picked a preferred routing along the CN tracks or above Cicero Ave.

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Sadly those codes got replaced. 

Yessir!

Yup.

20211016_0550182.jpg

20211106_0241091.jpg

Hmm i guess you tried 41, 42 and 16 with the same results ??. I'm wondering if they just saved time and recycled those codes for the midway feeders since you said they were replaced. It's wild how these are still in the system but Cta decided to recycle more recently killed routes such as using 90N for 95 and using 145 codes for the grace runs.

On 1/11/2022 at 5:39 PM, artthouwill said:

This extension to Ford City would definitely save traveling time as opposed to sitting in Cicero Ave traffic.   Those Pace routes could return to Ford City since there would be a rail transfer there.  However I think cutting the 54B back to Midway station wouldn't be wise.  There are still people along Cicero between 59th and 67rh that need to travel in both directions and there is a shopping area along the west side of Cicero in Bedford Park starting from Walmart.

I don't know if CTA has picked a preferred routing along the CN tracks or above Cicero Ave.

Also, 54B/79 (and to a lesser extent, 54B/67) is a solid transfer block, especially since many of those riders are probably headed north of midway. Removing the 54B from Ford City, you could probably justify sending the 67 to Midway (only 5 more blocks than the 47) but probably not the 79 (8 more blocks, and a bunch more lights). Also, Midway terminal is definitely at capacity w/o some shuffling around.

• Upvote 1