1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

He's referring to the new website logo. Rehabbed buses show it differently :P

Not 100% true, Sam92... Option #4 of the New Flyer D40LF buses(1830-2029) at some point started showing the transitchicago.com logo as opposed to the www.transitchicago.com logo. Pics from a few years back might shed some light on when the change over occurred, or someone with insight to the New Flyer D40LF bus order, in detail, may know if this change is mentioned in a computer file or on paper somewhere.

Some of the pre-1630 buses had the decal applied a few years ago(before rehab, although they have the www with their stickers). I've seen FG New Flyers a few years back with the logo, and some NP New Flyers in the 1300's and 1400's with it.

Not 100% true, Sam92... Option #4 of the New Flyer D40LF buses(1830-2029) at some point started showing the transitchicago.com logo as opposed to the www.transitchicago.com logo. Pics from a few years back might shed some light on when the change over occurred, or someone with insight to the New Flyer D40LF bus order, in detail, may know if this change is mentioned in a computer file or on paper somewhere.

Some of the pre-1630 buses had the decal applied a few years ago(before rehab, although they have the www with their stickers). I've seen FG New Flyers a few years back with the logo, and some NP New Flyers in the 1300's and 1400's with it.

You entirely missed the point of what he was pointing out to dann about how garmon got misled into thinking the Allison transmission NF was rehabbed, which is once a 1000 series bus has been rehabbed, if it didn't have a website decal it got the transitchicago.com one and on some of those that did have a decal before rehabbing, the www.transitchicago.com decal got changed to a transitchicago.com decal. And since the 100 Allison buses 1930-2029 were previously the only 1000-series NFs to have decal without the www (you mistakenly put the interval starting at 1830 when I see NP assigned 1800s and 1900s with the older decal), garmon thought that Allison bus he was on along with the bright lighting indicated possible rehab.

• Upvote 1

You entirely missed the point of what he was pointing out to dann about how garmon got misled into thinking the Allison transmission NF was rehabbed, which is once a 1000 series bus has been rehabbed, if it didn't have a website decal it got the transitchicago.com one and on some of those that did have a decal before rehabbing, the www.transitchicago.com decal got changed to a transitchicago.com decal. And since the 100 Allison buses 1930-2029 were previously the only 1000-series NFs to have decal without the www (you mistakenly put the interval starting at 1830 when I see NP assigned 1800s and 1900s with the older decal), garmon thought that Allison bus he was on along with the bright lighting indicated possible rehab.

I couldn't say it any better. Thanks.

I didn't know where the changeover from the decals occurred... I knew it was in Option #4 somewhere, which I mentioned in my quoted post by you earlier... I just didn't know until you shed the light on when.

As far as #1961 being rehabbed, I don't think it is, based on the older Clever Devices unit, the older "Watch Your Step" sticker, the older seat covers(as indicated by garmon not being changed by him mentioning just the LED's in the bus). I've seen some of the LED buses(1630-2029) not being all blue LED anymore... some have brighter LED(I can't describe the color, except it's not blue). Usually it's mixed in with the blue LED if it's only one or two lines out. A lot of the LED's on this bus might've burned out, requiring a full replacement of the LED's to make them more uniform.

I didn't know where the changeover from the decals occurred... I knew it was in Option #4 somewhere, which I mentioned in my quoted post by you earlier... I just didn't know until you shed the light on when.

As far as #1961 being rehabbed, I don't think it is, based on the older Clever Devices unit, the older "Watch Your Step" sticker, the older seat covers(as indicated by garmon not being changed by him mentioning just the LED's in the bus). I've seen some of the LED buses(1630-2029) not being all blue LED anymore... some have brighter LED(I can't describe the color, except it's not blue). Usually it's mixed in with the blue LED if it's only one or two lines out. A lot of the LED's on this bus might've burned out, requiring a full replacement of the LED's to make them more uniform.

Those at least in the case of #1671 are being replaced by the lighting from the #1930- #2029 's that have the white look to them, but from the outside they still appear blue, close to the rehab buses now, but with more blue color. When they get rehabbed they will all be uniform.

Yeah the cutoff was originally 1930-2029 for the transitchicago.com decals and not 1830 and above, as evidenced by 1855 which I rode briefly on the 146 today:

post-71-0-45898500-1391307161_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

So #1703's rehabbed? That would be the second rehabbed bus of the last 400. Btw, I took #1531 off the list. I got a good look at it yesterday on the #29. No signs of rehab to me except maybe the clever devices. I'm also skeptical of #1254 and #1018 which I could have swore is not rehabbed. So we may need to review some of these 103rd buses. Btw could there be a bus that has half the new rehabbed lights and half the old ones in the same bus. I could have swore #1400 has new lighting in the rear galley area and old lights in the front half of the bus.

So #1703's rehabbed? That would be the second rehabbed bus of the last 400. Btw, I took #1531 off the list. I got a good look at it yesterday on the #29. No signs of rehab to me except maybe the clever devices. I'm also skeptical of #1254 and #1018 which I could have swore is not rehabbed. So we may need to review some of these 103rd buses. Btw could there be a bus that has half the new rehabbed lights and half the old ones in the same bus. I could have swore #1400 has new lighting in the rear galley area and old lights in the front half of the bus.

I got a good close up on #1703 this time and yes indeed it is rehabbed. I couldn't take any pics because I was in the car with my mom while in motion. #1254 is not rehabbed yet and I haven't seen #1018 nor #1400 in months. So therefore, I can't determine that.

I got a good close up on #1703 this time and yes indeed it is rehabbed. I couldn't take any pics because I was in the car with my mom while in motion. #1254 is not rehabbed yet and I haven't seen #1018 nor #1400 in months. So therefore, I can't determine that.

I updated the list. I took #1254 off the rehab list. Thanks Garmin!! Have you seen #1534, #1539, #1257, #1252 or #1040? I haven't seen them and I question their rehab status. Everything else should be OK though.

I updated the list. I took #1254 off the rehab list. Thanks Garmin!! Have you seen #1534, #1539, #1257, #1252 or #1040? I haven't seen them and I question their rehab status. Everything else should be OK though.

I saw #1534 on #71 a few weeks ago and it wasn't rehabbed at the time. I saw #1252 on #29 by my school last week but it's not rehabbed yet. I haven't seen the rest of them since the Red Line reconstruction.

I saw #1534 on #71 a few weeks ago and it wasn't rehabbed at the time. I saw #1252 on #29 by my school last week but it's not rehabbed yet. I haven't seen the rest of them since the Red Line reconstruction.

Thanks garmon!! Those 2 are off the list and I took #1018 off the list too.

For some strange reason I remember red watch your step signs under the operators platform. So i take it that #1089 is rehabbed?

#1089 is very questionable. It has the upgraded Clever Device, new signs inside and outside including the watch your step sticker and the right turn in front of the bus is illegal sign. Also it has a new sign on the side of the bus by the back doors stating that entering the back of the bus is illegal. However, it doesn't have the new lighting nor the handicap signs on the front seats.

#1089 is very questionable. It has the upgraded Clever Device, new signs inside and outside including the watch your step sticker and the right turn in front of the bus is illegal sign. Also it has a new sign on the side of the bus by the back doors stating that entering the back of the bus is illegal. However, it doesn't have the new lighting nor the handicap signs on the front seats.

Sounds like #1091. Btw, I just spotted #1257 in the loop and it wasn't rehabbed so a other 103rd bus comes off the list. Also #1757 is riding around with a cfd emergency bus on the destination.

1252 is a rehabbed bus I drove that one not too long ago while doing the 111&115. It's fully rehabbed from the new clever device, lights, and even the seats. 1534 is slightly rehabbed it just has the new engine in the back but still the same lights and clever device. 1040 is rehabbed for the exception of the interior lights. 1257 and 1539 are as well and you can add 1027, 1472, 1474, 76,78, 1495,1515 & 1527 to the rehabbed list. These are all buses from 103rd of course that's how I know. 1798 is also rehabbed.