1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Damn, you went all the way by Elmwood Park just to get that shot of #1810??? :P

​Oh no, I wish all my pictures were taken this close to home. Actually it's just down the street from #1983 over by Felony Franks. The bigger trip was going to the #157, but the Green/Pink line combo works well. I thought maybe #1809 would be rehabbed cause they are rehabbing all these low #1800's lately but it's not and #1806 is not either.

The bigger trip is doing 74th street buses, depending on where they are like if they are around Midway, it could take me 1 hr 1/2 just to get in place for an intercept. It's actually easier to do 77th street buses cause most go downtown.

​Oh no, I wish all my pictures were taken this close to home. Actually it's just down the street from #1983 over by Felony Franks. The bigger trip was going to the #157, but the Green/Pink line combo works well. I thought maybe #1809 would be rehabbed cause they are rehabbing all these low #1800's lately but it's not and #1806 is not either.

The bigger trip is doing 74th street buses, depending on where they are like if they are around Midway, it could take me 1 hr 1/2 just to get in place for an intercept. It's actually easier to do 77th street buses cause most go downtown.

​Hmmm, I see. It seems like Chicago on verge of having lowing 1800s from Kedzie consistently but who knows.

​Hmmm, I see. It seems like Chicago on verge of having lowing 1800s from Kedzie consistently but who knows.

​They probably just want to get Kedzie's non rehabbed bus count more in line with everyone else. But they seem to be getting closer they were 20 plus buses behind but now it's more like 14. Then they have a high count of buses at south shops, so next month it should be really close. They should do another swapocolypse, the #1400's are basically done, they should just send them all over to Kedzie if that's what they want to do. Maybe 74th should get back the #1930's and up that they used to have. The few buses they need to rehab in that set of buses are not that many to worry about. Then they could move on with the #8100's on the north side. Basically the #1100's at Kedzie are done, they could send those to 103rd in exchange for something else maybe more #1490's, #1500's. They could get the high #1800's back to NP, if 74th got enough #1900's. Right now it's hard to figure out what bus goes where. It's easy to get confused especially on the #49.

​They probably just want to get Kedzie's non rehabbed bus count more in line with everyone else. But they seem to be getting closer they were 20 plus buses behind but now it's more like 14. Then they have a high count of buses at south shops, so next month it should be really close. They should do another swapocolypse, the #1400's are basically done, they should just send them all over to Kedzie if that's what they want to do. Maybe 74th should get back the #1930's and up that they used to have. The few buses they need to rehab in that set of buses are not that many to worry about. Then they could move on with the #8100's on the north side. Basically the #1100's at Kedzie are done, they could send those to 103rd in exchange for something else maybe more #1490's, #1500's. They could get the high #1800's back to NP, if 74th got enough #1900's. Right now it's hard to figure out what bus goes where. It's easy to get confused especially on the #49.

​This whole entire roster is questionable and confusing. I don't see 1930s coming back to 74th though unless A. give North Park back their buses and/or B. give Chicago back their 1800s. 1490s and 1500s at Kedzie? That can be a possibility but 103rd needs more than the 1100s unless it's a three-garage swap and trade. If the 8100s affecting how they should manage the rehabbed 1000s then I don't know what else to say about it.

#1679 has made it's way out on the #82 released from south shops.

​And here it is

cta_1679_on_82.thumb.PNG.520b008f2299539

It was kind of a rough rehab, they didn't repaint it and the moldings on the lower body were all chipped up. Some guy pulled up with his old vespa behind it and I was like now what did they do to the engine? But the engine was Ok. xD

#1765 has been released on the #22 and #1843 has been released on the #21.

(that above message was from this morning, don't know why it wasn't posted, so I posted it again.)

A whole bunch of rehab #1000's came out today, but they usually do on a friday. I'll start by saying both #1765 and #1843 are rehabbed. #1049 which I did see the day I saw #1800 rehabbed is also rehabbed but it hasn't been in service alot maybe 3 times in a week, the last 2 days on the #20 where I spotted it today. #1250 was rehabbed on the #126 today and I spotted #1374 rehabbed on I believe it was the #82. #1374 can be traced back to #1181's date because it was on the #60, I wanted to check it, but got involved with #1181. #1695 was #1765's leader this afternoon on the #22 and you guess it, #1695 is rehabbed also. #1680 came out on the #60 today but it wasn't rehabbed. So i guess I have alot of updating to do. I got pictures of #1843, #1049, #1695 that I'll post later.

Edited by BusHunter

Ok here are the pictures of #1843, #1695 and #1049. At least they seem to be repainted, #1049 it's harder to tell but they are better looking than #1679.

Wow! #20, #21, and #22. You don't see that very often when it comes to taking shots!!!

• Upvote 1

Rehabbed: None

Special rehabbed or updated via maintenance: None

Getting rehabbed inside the shop: 13 others 

Awaiting for rehab process: #1237 #1354 #1363 #1682 #1744 #1820 #1844 #1854 #1932 #1934 #2005

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service
#1365 #1430 
Edited by garmon757
  • Upvote 1

Just spotted #1885 rehabbed while on #22. Couldn't get a shot in time though because I was double checking the roster. #1710 is also rehabbed but still at the shop. I didn't check the rest of them out there because I didn't have enough time to do so.

Edited by garmon757