1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Spotted #1847 rehabbed while on #74 before I got off work. #1807 is rehabbed while on #52. #1088, #1590, and #1617 all have been released from the shop.

​#1052 is rehabbed on the #65. They had a wild gap on the #65 this afternoon. The operator came west about 40 minutes from his leader with two other buses bunched with him. He stated to his relief that he had to detour around the Kingsbury bridge that was up an extended amount of time. Then by the time they had done the reliefs and got going they were passing it's leader at Cicero. (No buses Cicero to west end) So I took a ride on his leader not wanting to have to wait the 45 minutes and we get to Kedzie and crunch. He gets rear ended, I think the driver drove off too. So I had to abandon ship and walk to Kedzie/Chicago for a #66. I checked I don't think there was a bus from Halsted to the west end going east. Talk about a nightmare. 9_9

I think that #1812 might have been rehabbed on the #74 today but it pulled in on me before I could confirm it.

#1370 is rehabbed on the #82. #1187's rehabbed on the #82 but it's a ghost bus and bunched with #1703. #1943 is rehabbed on the #73. #1710 is rehabbed on the #50 and #1770 and #1198 are both rehabbed coming south back to back on the #93.

Edited by BusHunter
  • Upvote 1

​From the front it looks like some doodlebug or Smart car, and it is surprising that it has a regular back.

​Actually, they've been around since 2010. They are built by Navistar. At the time, they only built four of them, but five years later, one has to think they have a fleet of close to or over 100 now.

http://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom/global-english/fedex-introduces-first-all-electric-trucks-to-be-used-in-the-u-s-parcel-delivery-business/

Interesting sighting tonight around 730p. A New Flyer, #1381 or 1318 operating on the #88 Higgins. Are they now teasing the NW side riders???

Edited by Guest

​#1052 is rehabbed on the #65. They had a wild gap on the #65 this afternoon. The operator came west about 40 minutes from his leader with two other buses bunched with him. He stated to his relief that he had to detour around the Kingsbury bridge that was up an extended amount of time. Then by the time they had done the reliefs and got going they were passing it's leader at Cicero. (No buses Cicero to west end) So I took a ride on his leader not wanting to have to wait the 45 minutes and we get to Kedzie and crunch. He gets rear ended, I think the driver drove off too. So I had to abandon ship and walk to Kedzie/Chicago for a #66. I checked I don't think there was a bus from Halsted to the west end going east. Talk about a nightmare. 9_9

I think that #1812 might have been rehabbed on the #74 today but it pulled in on me before I could confirm it.

​Very very interesting! :P

#1812 is rehabbed on the #54. I took some pictures of some other hard to locate buses. #1250, I was pursuing for 3 weeks, 1st week a ghost bus, 2nd week kept pulling in on 1st trip. Today was actually the first day it was out on a block run. I didn't really see anything wrong with it. Then there is #1847 which hasn't really been in service that much. I found out why it pulled in yesterday on one of it's first trips. It was a hot bus today. I'm surprised it didn't get traded running as a block run also. We'll at least the operator had an open window. Speaking of hot buses I saw #6629 the other day with it's rear hopper windows all opened. I couldn't help but chuckle at that sighting. Could that bus still be blowing hot air? Now to find out what happened to #1842 and #1854 and see if #1187 ever stopped being a ghost bus.cta_1812_on_54.thumb.PNG.61599ca4206a1b7cta_1847_on_65.thumb.PNG.d2155aa257cfb1dcta_1250_on_157.thumb.PNG.c0a1ca583469b2

I've just spotted #1854 on #126 flew past me while I was eating a Panda Express on Adams. Something told me to snap a shot of #1985 yesterday.

​I took a picture but forgot to upload it. You might want to check on #1893. It was out yesterday and virtually every non rehabbed bus is incognito in the shop. So any non rehabbed bus sighting is suspected now of a rehab. That's one way I figured #1985 was rehabbed and it was. #1395 and #1408 are still out on a regular basis but they are not rehabbed afaik but they are like the only ones.

cta_1854.thumb.PNG.684303292f3afd3c0f908

Edited by BusHunter

I've just spotted #1854 on #126 flew past me while I was eating a Panda Express on Adams. Something told me to snap a shot of #1985 yesterday.

"while I was eating a Panda Express on Adams..."

I get hungry sometimes after a hard days' work, but wow garmon.... take it down a notch, ok??? :PxD

• Upvote 2

​How did it end up cut in half?

​It wasn't, TripleTransit1. If I recall the story correctly, the bus smashed into a house/apartment building, caving in the front right potion and requiring a turn-key overhaul to rebuild the bus. Not only was there cosmetic damage on the outside, but frame damage as well. The bus would've needed a brand new front right panel to keep servicing us.