1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

I don't recall #1792 being at 74th at all. You guys telling me that it's been out for months???

​Well it was on the #49 like 7-10 days ago, but it hasn't been in service since. It was always at NP afaik, because 74th took the rehabbed buses in that block but #1792 was unrehabbed and left at np until now. So sounds like np is down to 38 unrehabbed buses. I'm not really seeing many unrehabbed buses in service anymore. That should be a testiment to how many extra buses CTA actually has running.

​Well it was on the #49 like 7-10 days ago, but it hasn't been in service since. It was always at NP afaik, because 74th took the rehabbed buses in that block but #1792 was unrehabbed and left at np until now. So sounds like np is down to 38 unrehabbed buses. I'm not really seeing many unrehabbed buses in service anymore. That should be a testiment to how many extra buses CTA actually has running.

Well so far I don't know what's going on with #1780, #1787, #1793, and #1795 because I haven't seen them in a while. 

Now that I'm looking at the list, I might have seen #1865 rehabbed at Western/Lawrence SB. Don't remember what route but it's not out there now. I've been trying to track down #1250, but I haven't seen it all week since I reported it on the #126. I had the same problem with #1815 until I found out it was a ghost bus on the #35 that day I took a picture of #1835. #1793 was on the #49B tonight, I checked it. It's not rehabbed.

A couple more that penetrated my radar. #1915 was on the #201 today. I was supposed to check that out because it hasn't been in service lately. I'm also wondering about #1641 that reappeared this week at Chicago. They seem to have done all the #1600's at Chicago now and #1658 has disappeared probably to Cummins. With Garmon's sighting of #1820 at the shops, they might be concentrating on those #1800's they have now. They seem to be keeping the #2020's til last.

Edited by BusHunter

Proud to announce that 1837 is back home lol, I saw it parked at the garage yesterday as I was pulling in. It looks like a brand new bus too.

About damn time!!! Hell, I was so tired of looking at that bus at the shop it almost made me lose hope for it! xD

• Upvote 1

About damn ti.me!!! Hell, I was so tired of looking at that bus at the shop it almost made me lose hope for it! xD

Lol Yea I got excited when I saw it parked in the garage. Its good to see the little  1800's we have left at 103rd lol. I love the 1100's don't get me wrong but I sure do miss the gang of 1800's we had before the swapocalypse Happened lol.

• Upvote 2

I still need to check on #1865, #1915, maybe today if it sticks around. You have #1842 as rehabbed. I still need to check that one too. #1250 is finally not a ghost bus.

BTW, on your list you have #1636, #1185 and #1250 as unrehabbed; they are rehabbed. #1875 also needs to be checked, if I have time.

Edited by BusHunter

#1828 is rehabbed on the #73 it's behind ghost bus #1636 displaying a #57 route. #1828 is a ghost bus also. It's follower #2011 shows up. They short turned #1828 I guess at Elston cause it came back west as #1956's follower.

Edited by BusHunter
  • Upvote 1

Here's some more shots of recent rehab #1000's

cta_1200_on_21.thumb.PNG.6800704ef3675eccta_1857_on_50.thumb.PNG.3ad26208efd6010cta_1352_on_35.thumb.PNG.db4fce0cd729952cta_1956_on_73.thumb.PNG.6c34d4fbaa9ad54

#1352 was having problems with it's signs. The front one only said to Cottage Grove like it was half out and the rear one had issues too. I would've got shots of #1828 but my phone died and I didn't have the better camera with me.