1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

That doesn't seem to answer his question, though, since he said that the ZFs used to have 3 different patterns.

There also seems to be several types of Cummins engines (i.e. smaller ones on 1630 and up), but that's the extent of my expertise.

​Yeah that seems to be the case, For example when use to ride the #1800's from 103rd they would sound more loud and aggressive where as the lower #1000's would sound quiet and take longer to shift through 1st and 2nd gear but after the rehabs occurred they just sound the same and have the same transmission shift patterns for some reason.

Edited by YoungBusLover

#1953 is rehabbed on the #74. The lift didn't work the operator had to manually use it. #1653 is also rehabbed. They are both running together eb around ashland but #1653 is a ghost bus.

#1149 is rehabbed on the #11.

Edited by BusHunter

Rehabbed: #1393

Special rehabbed or updated via maintenance: #1634 #1652 (awaiting right rear ABS speed sensor)

Getting rehabbed inside the shop: 12 others 

Awaiting for rehab process: #1187 #1648 #1807

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: 
#1362 #1633 #1680 #1845 #1902
  • Upvote 1

That doesn't seem to answer his question, though, since he said that the ZFs used to have 3 different patterns.

There also seems to be several types of Cummins engines (i.e. smaller ones on 1630 and up), but that's the extent of my expertise.

​Yeah that seems to be the case, For example when use to ride the #1800's from 103rd they would sound more loud and aggressive where as the lower #1000's would sound quiet and take longer to shift through 1st and 2nd gear but after the rehabs occurred they just sound the same and have the same transmission shift patterns for some reason.

​And the answer would be yes 1000-1929* pretty do have the same gear shift pattern and I was making the point it's because of their ZF transmissions. The three minor audible differences, you're getting at though Busjack comes from what I remember Kevin reporting in chicagobus.org bus section that 1000-1429 have Cummins ISM engines with ZF 592C transmissions, 1430-1629 Cummins ISM paired with ZF 594C and 1630-1929 Cummins ISL paired with ZF 594C. 1930-2029 are ISL paired with Allison B400. 

*1869 would seem to now be one exception. I rode it on the #9 Monday morning and it seems its ZF was creating a shift pattern similar to the EP-40 HybridDrive on the 800s. 

• Upvote 2

#1393 is out on the #155 today and #1655 is out on the #72 both released from south shops. I wonder what happened to #1914? It seems to be stuck fully rehabbed at south shops, unless it's a ghost bus. I was noticing #1800 has a complete exterior rehab. I saw it earlier this week on the #39 from the 35th/Archer Orange line platform. As I was above it I couldn't see if it was fully rehabbed or not. It's on the #21 today.

Edited by BusHunter

#1393 is out on the #155 today and #1655 is out on the #72 both released from south shops. I wonder what happened to #1914? It seems to be stuck fully rehabbed at south shops, unless it's a ghost bus. I was noticing #1800 has a complete exterior rehab. I saw it earlier this week on the #39 from the 35th/Archer Orange line platform. As I was above it I couldn't see if it was fully rehabbed or not. It's on the #21 today.

I knew I forgot about that bus because it's rehabbed.

Here's a shot of #1188 and I took a couple shots of this crazy looking all electric Fed Ex truck I saw....

fedex_electric_truck_from_mars.thumb.PNGfed_ex_mars_electric_car_rear.thumb.PNG.

​From the front it looks like some doodlebug or Smart car, and it is surprising that it has a regular back.

#1003 is on the #21 and #1835 is on the #35 both released from south shops.

​Again illustrates my random order point and not being surprised if in 2022 some newer bus is retired before an older one. Also, the way some people were posting, 1005 might need to be rehabbed again.

Forgot to mention yesterday that #1390 was released and should be up to date after being rehabbed a while ago. #1121 is rehabbed while on #22. #1149 is rehabbed while on #11. #1438 was released from the shop while on #12. #1652 has been released from the shop and I don't know what the hell they're thinking to have it on #79. #1267 and #1309 remains mechanically rehabbed. #1790 has been released while on #63.