1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

#1951 is rehabbed out here on the #54. #1249's leader south. But it's a ghost bus.

BTW, #1154's trans was sounding sluggish tonight. It seemed to be having issues on hills. It kind of reminded me of some of these old novas. Maybe it's almost time for it to go to south shops??

Forgot to mention that #1937 is now fully rehabbed while I've spotted it on #74 while I was at work yesterday.

And here is a shot of it on the #37. I noticed the bus still has the 7 sticker on it. I hate to break it to CTA but that was 2 garages ago!! :P:o

post-304-0-83531900-1427950444_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

Don't know the status of #1005(saw it on Damen). The number text on the back is in italic(rehab?), it doesn't have a transitchicago.com decal and I couldn't tell if it had fluorescent lighting or LED lighting, but that engine sounded not too good. It was very snorty and had a little turbo whistle upon deceleration.

Holy smokes #1468 is on the 70!! #1769 is also released from south shops today, on the #22

Well Garmon was right about 1468 heading back to Chicago first. :lol: But I still wonder if with these latest stirrings at yet more crazy swaps (some 1450s and 1460s going to Kedzie in trade for some Kedzie 1800s to Chicago) if it may still be possible it sees service at Kedzie at some point.

• Upvote 1

Well Garmon was right about 1468 heading back to Chicago first. :lol: But I still wonder if with these latest stirrings at yet more crazy swaps (some 1450s and 1460s going to Kedzie in trade for some Kedzie 1800s to Chicago) if it may still be possible it sees service at Kedzie at some point.

It has a good chance. Seems Chicago is slowly getting the #1800's and losing the #1400's. But they would probably have to do a swapocolypse again later, because Chicago would then have the last 230 #1000's, not that I mind. :P

I should've betted on that with you! :lol: