1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Do they look similar to the red reflectors on the back? Yes I've noticed on the front, but unlike on the back where there are four, one each just below the tail lights and one each on the sides, I've only seen them on the sides right at the front of the bus behind the headlights. Not sure if these are what you're speaking about.

Pretty fair to say. If they're rectangular then yes.

Notable buses that may be rehabbed or in the process of rehabbing (all are inside except #1634):

#1055 #1293 #1333 #1634 (has the updated no right turn decal but it's not rehabbed while parked outside) #1789 #1798 (claimed to have a rehabbed engine) and #1955 (a possibility of a full rehab).

By the way, #1036 is rehabbed.

Notable buses that may be rehabbed or in the process of rehabbing:

#1011 #1137 #1692 (out for testing) #1872 #1837 #1355 #1854 #1790 (being rehabbed) #18XX (being rehabbed) #1525 (being rehabbed) #1028 #1079 and #1815 (awaits tail lights replacement)

#1907 is rehabbed and rehabbed #1481 had its tail lights replaced.

#1190's rehabbed on the #2. #1309's mechanically rehabbed but it's missing all exterior upgrades. #1021's a full rehab on the #29. #1820 is not rehabbed at all. I'll check up on #1034 in a few minutes. Yeah #1034's a full rehab. #7925's sign is still stuck on #79

• Upvote 1

I see you were on Taylor near the Taylor Street Fiesta Italiana since one of your shots caught the bus turning on to Racine at the beginning of the week long temporary detour of 157 between Racine and Ashland due to the fest.

I see you were on Taylor near the Taylor Street Fiesta Italiana since one of your shots caught the bus turning on to Racine at the beginning of the week long temporary detour of 157 between Racine and Ashland due to the fest.

That's what that was.Lol!! I got a few pictures today of bus rehabs.

post-304-0-77444500-1408078412_thumb.png

post-304-0-29359200-1408078543_thumb.pngpost-304-0-03033200-1408078466_thumb.png

Notice how #1905 doesn't have the New Flyer emblem/logo on the bottom right across from the no right turn decal. I'm really not liking that but I guess they don't care about replacing them with new ones because there are a lot of buses (non-rehabbed and rehabbed) doesn't have them.

Notice how #1905 doesn't have the New Flyer emblem/logo on the bottom right across from the no right turn decal. I'm really not liking that but I guess they don't care about replacing them with new ones because there are a lot of buses (non-rehabbed and rehabbed) doesn't have them.

CTA never cared about manufacturers' logos. The GMC ones were chrome, but apparently fell off the New Looks, and CTA just painted "cta" over the place for them.

attachicon.gif cta 1905.png

attachicon.gif cta 1021 rear side.pngattachicon.gif cta 1021 front side.png

Yes sir that's what that was LOL! The detour started this past Wednesday and goes until next Wednesday. So the fest is nestled probably something like yesterday until Tuesday given the city often gives these types of things the day before and day after the event for setup and cleanup.

Yes sir that's what that was LOL! The detour started this past Wednesday and goes until next Wednesday. So the fest is nestled probably something like yesterday until Tuesday given the city often gives these types of things the day before and day after the event for setup and cleanup.

It was just setting up when I saw it. Traffic was all backed up on Racine which made for a good photo spot with the empty lot and all. #1722 worked out well. The #1700 operator dropped us off on the far side of the intersection leading me to scramble to take the #1700 pic. Not the clearest, but better than nothing.