1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Ditto. Out of all that time, that's unbelievable...

The issue is while apparently the contractors have to deliver the new powertrains to South Shops and take back the exchange engine cores, there are other reasons for buses to need heavy maintenance at South Shops than rehabs.

The issue is while apparently the contractors have to deliver the new powertrains to South Shops and take back the exchange engine cores, there are other reasons for buses to need heavy maintenance at South Shops than rehabs.

And it's making me wonder about some being rehabbed (just the engine). Otherwise, I wouldn't spotted Cummins/NPower being out there a couple weeks ago.

#1046 is not rehabbed on the #54 but it has this weird looking partition at the handicapped position. They wouldn't be testing the Q restraint?

Got some shots from the back side of it. I'll upload tonight. When I got off the bus I noticed the accessible seat has a black foldable armrest on the right side of it like that whole accessible seat bench is entirely new.

#1046 is not rehabbed on the #54 but it has this weird looking partition at the handicapped position. They wouldn't be testing the Q restraint?

Got some shots from the back side of it. I'll upload tonight. When I got off the bus I noticed the accessible seat has a black foldable armrest on the right side of it like that whole accessible seat bench is entirely new.

Rehabbed: Undisclosed

Getting rehabbed: #1057 (5 unnumbered)

Awaiting for rehab: #1604 #1748 #1750 #1758

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1166 (mechanically rehabbed) #1678 #1684 #1705 #1751 #1963 #1967 #1983 #1992

That's what I was trying to say here. It looked really weird to be just placed there. I thought they were trying to make all of the bus in

bowling alley style. It looked really out of place.

Posted by ajm522 on 03 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Bus 1046 out of 77th has this weird set up where a set of handicap seats is gone, (it goes from 5 seats to 3 seats on right side of bus) . In its place is a 3 seat deep blue color bench like on 4300's it's weird.

Here's some shots of the partition on #1046

post-304-0-78779500-1412227160_thumb.png post-304-0-84103800-1412227091_thumb.png post-304-0-39534300-1412227024_thumb.png

• Upvote 2