600-series Proterra BE40/ZX5 - Updates

Busjack

54 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I dont know if its possible to update the tech, but in a way the #700's did just that very thing. The fact that they are not running is distressing. They are around 7 or 8 years old, they are almost to the 9 or 10 year mark. I just hope new flyer is not getting the cold shoulder because of that.

I think I remember someone saying that they went through a mid-life rehab recently

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, NovaHater said:

It’s good to see 600 out here working this morning. I’m amazed by how quiet it is. 

57BA019B-6582-4348-B50D-07762959CE90.jpeg

Well no engine would make it quiet. Its just amazing electricity is powering something as big as a bus. The feds in the future (in a couple years) want to have all 40 mpg vehicles on the road, I dont see how they can do that with the Yukons and Expeditions of the world unless they either make them all electric or hybrid. Dont know if that applies to buses but if so you may not be able to buy a straight diesel bus in a few years. I think they said my bus gets 9-12 mpg. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/us-raising-mileage-standard-40-mpg-all-new-vehicles-2026-1661252%3famp=1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 8:29 PM, Bus fanatic30 said:

I could have sworn I saw a 700 proterra parked on the gate at south shop. Was driving to fast to get a picture 

Yeah #700 and #701 are on the fence. You know whats weird is that they wrapped them both with a pure michigan wrap. They had me taking a double take. I had to turn around and go back over there. I was thinking why wrap an electric bus to say something else besides its an electric bus? I got to see the side of #701 and it says something about unplugging something. So maybe it does say something about it being electric. Its hard to tell. I really need a photo of it away from the stall its in. 

So wth, they wrapped over the old wrap? I guess then that wrap is no good. Theyll have to wrap it some other way unless Pure Michigan is sponsoring the buses I cant tell.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah #700 and #701 are on the fence. You know whats weird is that they wrapped them both with a pure michigan wrap. They had me taking a double take. I had to turn around and go back over there. I was thinking why wrap an electric bus to say something else besides its an electric bus? I got to see the side of #701 and it says something about unplugging something. So maybe it does say something about it being electric. Its hard to tell. I really need a photo of it away from the stall its in. 

So wth, they wrapped over the old wrap? I guess then that wrap is no good. Theyll have to wrap it some other way unless Pure Michigan is sponsoring the buses I cant tell.

Yeah I hate to break it to you but they're going to be less active until the spring. I heard a rumor from another member that doesn't make much sense but he stated that he called the garage and management told them that the reason why they're not active is due the high power consumption they have in those two stalls while charging. I didn't think high power usage would be an issue for charging them consistently but that does explain why the fleet of #600s haven't been in those two bays as long as they've been. 

20210619_202203.jpg

20210518_093952.jpg

20210716_192328.jpg

20211231_174751[1].jpg

945733399_20220125_1207441.jpg

1123729714_20220125_1207171.jpg

• Thanks 1