Tribute to Busjack

30 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Bus Jack I hope all is well with you. Haven't heard from you in quite sometime. 

@Mr.cta85 I was actually just in the process of typing this when I saw your post. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking of Busjack today.

It has now been six months since Busjack last posted on here, so I feel this tribute is in order.

Busjack was a pillar of the community since the very beginning of this forum in 2005. He authored over 20,000 posts, which is nearly 20% of the posts on this site to date. Almost everyone here had some interaction with him, as it was rare to find a discussion that he wouldn’t participate in.

His expertise, sense of humor, and attention to the goings-on at CTA, Metra, and Pace drove many of the discussions here. Whenever a legal question would arise, he could be relied upon to provide the answer. Although we often disagreed, Busjack influenced my perspective and broadened my knowledge on many topics.

Thank you, @Busjack. I sincerely hope you are doing well.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

@Mr.cta85 I was actually just in the process of typing this when I saw your post. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking of Busjack today.

It has now been six months since Busjack last posted on here, so I feel this tribute is in order.

Busjack was a pillar of the community since the very beginning of this forum in 2005. He authored over 20,000 posts, which is nearly 20% of the posts on this site to date. Almost everyone here had some interaction with him, as it was rare to find a discussion that he wouldn’t participate in.

His expertise, sense of humor, and attention to the goings-on at CTA, Metra, and Pace drove many of the discussions here. Whenever a legal question would arise, he could be relied upon to provide the answer. Although we often disagreed, Busjack influenced my perspective and broadened my knowledge on many topics.

Thank you, @Busjack. I sincerely hope you are doing well.

Very well said and thanks for posting ????. I been here since 2009 and learned a lot from him as well. Too bad no has his number or contact outside of this. But hope he's ok.

1 hour ago, ibebobo said:

So......does anyone know what happened to Busjack?

Does seem unusual hes gone. He had his mother in a nursing home. Maybe something happened to her or he was just busy or bored with the site. I havent posted much myself. I got turned off with the site because I cant contribute. It's funny how your interests change when life events happen. I actually met him one day at nwtc. He was very attentive to the buses but I suppose I am too. When Pulse opens he will be there if not in person in spirit. I was always intrigued by some of his comments and I think he was intrigued with my comments too. A worthy opponent, we always seem to debate topics. Sometimes it would get nasty, but sometimes heavy debating is like that. I hope hes ok too, the forum seems to have lost some of its luster without him. Besides I have no one to argue with!!! Lol!!

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, ibebobo said:

So......does anyone know what happened to Busjack?

14 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Does seem unusual hes gone. He had his mother in a nursing home. Maybe something happened to her or he was just busy or bored with the site. I havent posted much myself. I got turned off with the site because I cant contribute. It's funny how your interests change when life events happen. I actually met him one day at nwtc. He was very attentive to the buses but I suppose I am too. When Pulse opens he will be there if not in person in spirit. I was always intrigued by some of his comments and I think he was intrigued with my comments too. A worthy opponent, we always seem to debate topics. Sometimes it would get nasty, but sometimes heavy debating is like that. I hope hes ok too, the forum seems to have lost some of its luster without him. Besides I have no one to argue with!!! Lol!

His last post was January 19 at 8:39 AM. However, his last login was January 23 at 9:02 AM. So we can presume he didn't just abruptly disappear on the 19th. His posts in his last few months indicate he was frustrated with a perceived decline in quality of discussion, so I’m willing to bet he just decided this forum was no longer worth his time. It would be consistent with his personality to not offer an advance explanation.

They should name a Pulse station after him.

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...