Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NewFlyerMCI

Proposed 2020 CTA Budget

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

One of the items that stood out to me was the overhaul of the Cottage Grove Green Line station.   Could it be that the station and structure be extended east by 200feet  to accommodate 8 car trains?

I look forward to seeing the new 7000 series railcars in 2020.  I will do my best to ride them when they are tested kn different lines.

CTA is funding engineering work for the Red Line extension to 130th.  With the city's anti-Trump position, 2026 could be a pipe dream for opening the Red Line extension IF Trump is re-elected. 

Finally,  where did the idea of 45 electric Proterras come from?  How will the 20 that are coming in 2020 be divided?  Will all 20 go to Chicago Avenue?  Will 74th get 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

One of the items that stood out to me was the overhaul of the Cottage Grove Green Line station.   Could it be that the station and structure be extended east by 200feet  to accommodate 8 car trains?

I look forward to seeing the new 7000 series railcars in 2020.  I will do my best to ride them when they are tested kn different lines.

CTA is funding engineering work for the Red Line extension to 130th.  With the city's anti-Trump position, 2026 could be a pipe dream for opening the Red Line extension IF Trump is re-elected. 

Finally,  where did the idea of 45 electric Proterras come from?  How will the 20 that are coming in 2020 be divided?  Will all 20 go to Chicago Avenue?  Will 74th get 10?

It's been a minute since I've seen an 8-car Green Line train. I wonder if they'll be more prevalent when the Damen station is completed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 5:02 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

It's been a minute since I've seen an 8-car Green Line train. I wonder if they'll be more prevalent when the Damen station is completed.

 

So this means the CTA is ordering 20 right now, and possibly in the future, they could order up to 25 more depending on funding and the success of the initial 20 buses.  The key words are "up to".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, artthouwill said:

One of the items that stood out to me was the overhaul of the Cottage Grove Green Line station.   Could it be that the station and structure be extended east by 200feet  to accommodate 8 car trains?

I look forward to seeing the new 7000 series railcars in 2020.  I will do my best to ride them when they are tested kn different lines.

CTA is funding engineering work for the Red Line extension to 130th.  With the city's anti-Trump position, 2026 could be a pipe dream for opening the Red Line extension IF Trump is re-elected. 

Finally,  where did the idea of 45 electric Proterras come from?  How will the 20 that are coming in 2020 be divided?  Will all 20 go to Chicago Avenue?  Will 74th get 10?

Wow now the Proterras are coming in 2020??? By the time CTA gets the buses we'll be on the next technology. LOL!!

How can Trump get re-elected? He's fighting an impeachment inquiry.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Wow now the Proterras are coming in 2020??? By the time CTA gets the buses we'll be on the next technology. LOL!!

How can Trump get re-elected? He's fighting an impeachment inquiry.

Even if the House votes for an impeachment trial, the Senate needs a 2/3 majority to remove Trump.  That is a hard task without a dominant Democrat Senate.  Impeachment proceedings won't keep him from being elected again.  We know Chicago isn't his favorite city.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 12:10 PM, BusHunter said:

Wow now the Proterras are coming in 2020??? By the time CTA gets the buses we'll be on the next technology. LOL!!

Which will come first, the Proterras or the new ATS trains at O'Hare?? Hmmm...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Which will come first, the Proterras or the new ATS trains at O'Hare?? Hmmm...

The new train cars are already at the airport.  They started arriving in the summer of 2018.  The ATS yard was completely full of them last week when I last checked.   Right now they are slated to begin service sometime in January, 2020.  Based on recent history, that's not guaranteed. 

As for the Proterras. delivery hasn't begun yet.   No date has been given in regards to delivery.  The buses will still have to be inspected and accepted by CTA before they begin service.  Remember how long the 7900s sat before they began service.

Based on that, I would think the ATS trains will see service first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, artthouwill said:

As for the Proterras. delivery hasn't begun yet.   No date has been given in regards to delivery.  The buses will still have to be inspected and accepted by CTA before they begin service

There's at least two on the property now, and they're currently somewhere in the inspection/acceptance phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The new train cars are already at the airport.  They started arriving in the summer of 2018.  The ATS yard was completely full of them last week when I last checked.   Right now they are slated to begin service sometime in January, 2020.  Based on recent history, that's not guaranteed. 

As for the Proterras. delivery hasn't begun yet.   No date has been given in regards to delivery.  The buses will still have to be inspected and accepted by CTA before they begin service.  Remember how long the 7900s sat before they began service.

Based on that, I would think the ATS trains will see service first.

As I work at ohare the new ATS has been testing everyday so they will definitely enter service before the porterras

 

2 hours ago, WCR said:

There's at least two on the property now, and they're currently somewhere in the inspection/acceptance phase

Those 2 are at C as you said in “inspection/acceptance phase”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 12:33 PM, artthouwill said:

Even if the House votes for an impeachment trial, the Senate needs a 2/3 majority to remove Trump.  That is a hard task without a dominant Democrat Senate.  Impeachment proceedings won't keep him from being elected again.  We know Chicago isn't his favorite city.

Even I he don't get impeached he won win next year he ain't gone be able to buy his seat again. Yea Chicago not his favorite place he talk too much bs about this city & not even from here he don't k ow the real struggle he don't even know what hard work is he a golden spoon fed kid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...