Mr.NewFlyer1051

7000-series - Delivery

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

here is the first 7000 at skokie shops once 7 more arrive they will begin testing 

A2779296-FD8D-4C33-8B1C-667C1B747C15.jpeg

So I suppose the construction on Oakton is complete?

Looks like it has a similar decal to 5009-5010 when they were first delivered. Either that or the sides of the end cap are blue just like the front.

Edit: It's just a blue tarp

51 minutes ago, Marcin said:

On which line will In Service Testing Begin?

Usually the Red Line is the first one to get the testing cars.  You will probably see them testing in nonrevenue service for awhile first.   Then I would expect to see them test in revenue service first on the Red Line. 

I don't remember the exact order of testing for the 5000s, but Red was first followed by Green.   I think Pink was third, with Purple and Yellow being last.

56 minutes ago, Marcin said:

Where will cars be assigned after Testing is over?

That we don't know yet. 

I believe the Brown and Orange Lines will be first to get them assigned.   The Blue Line was supposed to get them,  but based on the deterioration of the tracks and r.o.w of the Forest Park branch, I don't think that section and support the weight and power of the new cars.   Before the 3200s were sent to the Blue Line,  CTA tested a four car consist on the Forest Park branch,  which obviously didn't go well  

Add to the fact that CTA IS WAITING on IDOT to commence an Ike rebuild so they can coordinate a Forest Park branch rebuild with them.

5 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

That we don't know yet. 

I believe the Brown and Orange Lines will be first to get them assigned.   The Blue Line was supposed to get them,  but based on the deterioration of the tracks and r.o.w of the Forest Park branch, I don't think that section and support the weight and power of the new cars.   Before the 3200s were sent to the Blue Line,  CTA tested a four car consist on the Forest Park branch,  which obviously didn't go well  

Add to the fact that CTA IS WAITING on IDOT to commence an Ike rebuild so they can coordinate a Forest Park branch rebuild with them.

After Brown or Orange?

30 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

That we don't know yet. 

Will the prototypes even be able to test on the Forest Park Branch?

45 minutes ago, WCR said:

Will the prototypes even be able to test on the Forest Park Branch?

I believe they will probably see testing on the Blue Line.   It will be only one set of cars and probably for a week or two st the most    if needed,  they can just run them between O'Hare and UIC,  but it shouldn't come to that.

1 hour ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Here's a view from a Yellow Line train passing by.  After the clip was taken, the car was moved facing Oakton inside the shops positioned to await its permanent mate.

7002 most likely will be delivered tomorrow morning hopefully