Graffiti on red line

andrethebusman

25 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

As of 1/4/22, there are at least 6 5000s laid up at south end of 98th yard with MAJOR graffiti - we are talking full repaints. Strange, though, the CTA balls on all 6 cars are completely visible. Is this something sanctioned, or did somebody put forth some real time and effort?

I gotta believe real time/effort here and clearly security at the 98th yard is a big issue if someone is taking that much time to do this.  Skokie had lots of problems in their yard for a while, not sure if it still is today.  Somebody either doesn't like CTA or it's an initiation.  

27 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

As of 1/4/22, there are at least 6 5000s laid up at south end of 98th yard with MAJOR graffiti - we are talking full repaints. Strange, though, the CTA balls on all 6 cars are completely visible. Is this something sanctioned, or did somebody put forth some real time and effort?

seen a whole 4 car train COMPLETELY graffitied the other day close to michigan in the yard

We are talking many hours and lots of spray paint here. Not something done on the fly. I can't understand why nobody noticed, or have things gotten so bad nobody cares? And why were the logos left completely untouched? Or were new logos applied afterwards??? Either way, there is something seriously wrong here.

36 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

We are talking many hours and lots of spray paint here. Not something done on the fly. I can't understand why nobody noticed, or have things gotten so bad nobody cares? And why were the logos left completely untouched? Or were new logos applied afterwards??? Either way, there is something seriously wrong here.

I thought the purpose of the ribbed fluted sides was to discourage graffiti.  I haven't seen the cars, but based on what you said  those cars had to be laid up for a good while.

It's really interesting that thos is in 98th Yard as opposed to Howard yard,  though I think the 98th yard can be accessed from State St.

5 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

I sort of wonder if these cars were hit at Howard and transfered down to 98th? They are laid up at furthest end of yard, which is EXTREMELY visible from the highway, so much so that I can't see somebody being able to work for hours without being noticed. Howard, now, that is another question.

howard is hard to hit especially how widely open it is your visible to employees i really wonder who the hell has time n effort to this nonsense 

16 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

I sort of wonder if these cars were hit at Howard and transfered down to 98th? They are laid up at furthest end of yard, which is EXTREMELY visible from the highway, so much so that I can't see somebody being able to work for hours without being noticed. Howard, now, that is another question.

98th Yard being in the highway is easier than Howard, cause no one driving is going to stop to call someone. Otoh, 98th Yard seems way harder to access on foot, so there's that 

• 2 weeks later...

Drove past forest park yard this morning in the bus and noticed at the east end a car (looks like a 2600) with floor to ceiling graffiti on it. Painted red with green block letters. Man thats alot of paint!! Somebody needs to clean that car up. Cta has been installing cameras on it mainlines brown line in particular. Why doesnt it install cameras in the yards???

49 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Drove past forest park yard this morning in the bus and noticed at the east end a car (looks like a 2600) with floor to ceiling graffiti on it. Painted red with green block letters. Man thats alot of paint!! Somebody needs to clean that car up. Cta has been installing cameras on it mainlines brown line in particular. Why doesnt it install cameras in the yards???

that's blue line station not red line but damn why are people trespassing

6 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

He never said Red Line,  he said red PAINT 

..  if desired. It's not hard to reach the Forest Park yard  Kimball Yard. 54th Yard by foot.  I'm just too old and have no desire to do it. 

1 minute ago, Bus1883 said:

He stated red paint actually, not the Red Line...

Oh my bad I didn't notice it said red paint-well also i said that since the title says red line of the topic and I got confused. Now I see what y'all were trying to figure out thanks! missed that apparently

• Upvote 1