And the next garage to get New Flyers is...

rmadisonwi

Given CTA5750's observation of 1430 and 1431 being delivered, it appears that deliveries of Option 2 are beginning, and this game can start again.

Still no sightings of the second bunch of hybrids?

By the way, when the second bunch of hybrids shows up (hopefully soon), to which garage(s) will they go? They could all go to Kedzie or they could all split up between Archer, Chicago, and Kedzie just like the 800 series hybrids.

I think at least one of the 900s might be hiding out somewhere on the property. I haven't been able to verify it yet, though, but bus 903 did pop up on an electronic report a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have a garage assigned to it. It could have been a glitch, or perhaps that bus is hiding out at South Shops for a while.

Does anyone know where 1430/1431 are now? Shouldn't they be headed to 103rd Garage according to BUS ANGEL#1's observations in the Next Garage to get New Flyers is topic.

Slow down cowboy....it was stated earlier (by 'rmad') that after Chicago, North Park was getting New Flyers then 74 and finally 103. What wasn't determined was if the 1200's that are there from 77th were going to go back there or stay at NP. I believe the only garage not on the New Flyer radar was Forest Glen...but then they don't really need them, do they.

Slow down cowboy....it was stated earlier (by 'rmad') that after Chicago, North Park was getting New Flyers then 103 and finally 74. What wasn't determined was if the 1200's that are there from 77th were going to go back there or stay at NP. I believe the only garage not on the New Flyer radar was Forest Glen...but then they don't really need them, do they.

You're the one who needs to speed up. North Park is not the next garage to recieve a full set of New Flyers, 103rd is, as posted previously by BUS ANGEl #1. Haven't you followed the topic at all?

You're the one who needs to speed up. North Park is not the next garage to recieve a full set of New Flyers, 103rd is, as posted previously by BUS ANGEl #1. Haven't you followed the topic at all?

I would trust anything rmadisonwi says over BUSANGEL, especially since busagel quoted an operator and not roster sheets.

As for following posts, check out this one:

To continue this thread of the next garage to receive the New Flyer deliveries, I'm told that North Park should start receiving new buses next month.

No guarantees (since it's not my call), but I've been told that the order will be North Park, 74th, and 103rd.

I can't wait for the junk that North Park is running to finally get thrown away.

So before ranting about not following the topic, maybe you should do the same !!!!!!!!!! Still think 103 will get buses next ???

FYI-103RD WILL BE RECIEVING FLYERS IN LATE AUGUST BECAUSE UP TO 23 BUSES ARE BREAKING DOWN A DAY. IT HAS GOTTEN SO BAD THAT ARCHER IS LENDING 103RD NOVAS FOR RUSH HOUR RUNS. #6532 WAS ON THE #34 sOUTH mICHIGAN/#119 MICHIGAN/119TH ON 7/5 & 7/7. OPTIMAS ARE NOW BEING USED ON HEAVY ROUTES SUCH AS THE #34, 119, *103, *106,28. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE BECAUSE U OF C HAS A CONTRACT WITH CTA, AND THEY NEED THOSE OPTIMAS. THIS INFORMATION IS TRUE BECAUSE OPERATOR#43123 AND 103RD GM SUPPLIED THIS INFO, PLUS I'VE SEEN AND WITNESSED.

*-ROUTES ARE NOT HEAVY

Do you still think North Park will get the New Flyers next? This is obviously true information here!

Unless you have access to the roster sheets, none of you knows. That's why I said the "game" can begin again. As previously noted, unless CTA knew that it would be exercising all of its options (which it finally did), the previous allocation of 1000s did not conform to service standards. Now that CTA has exercised all of its options, all bets are off the table. For all we know, since rmadisonwi reported that there are still 68 or so Flxs at Chicago, maybe those get replaced first. (There is precedent for that, in that Chicago received 6634 to 6708 from the 2001 order and 6709 to 6755 from the 2002 order). I'm not saying that will happen, since Chicago has received its 100 or so 1000s. But the only way we will know is upon seeing either a roster sheet or someone seeing 1430 on a route. Information from June or July may turn out to be dated. Go camp out on Stony Island (or the 95th terminal), Sheridan, and Diversey, and let us know when you first see 1430. (Some members want a photo as proof.)

Although I don't want to go off topic (as Buslover88 previously noted) Wikipedia proves that posting on the Internet does not make something true. Also, garage banter is not a verifiable source.

Unless you have access to the roster sheets, none of you knows. That's why I said the "game" can begin again. As previously noted, unless CTA knew that it would be exercising all of its options (which it finally did), the previous allocation of 1000s did not conform to service standards. Now that CTA has exercised all of its options, all bets are off the table. For all we know, since rmadisonwi reported that there are still 68 or so Flxs at Chicago, maybe those get replaced first. (There is precedent for that, in that Chicago received 6634 to 6708 from the 2001 order and 6709 to 6755 from the 2002 order). I'm not saying that will happen, since Chicago has received its 100 or so 1000s. But the only way we will know is upon seeing either a roster sheet or someone seeing 1430 on a route. Information from June or July may turn out to be dated. Go camp out on Stony Island (or the 95th terminal), Sheridan, and Diversey, and let us know when you first see 1430. (Some members want a photo as proof.)

Although I don't want to go off topic (as Buslover88 previously noted) Wikipedia proves that posting on the Internet does not make something true. Also, garage banter is not a verifiable source.

First of all, weren't the 68 Chicago Garage Flxibles suppose to stick around until 2009 when three track supplementation service ends?

Secondly, camping out is not such a good idea when you have so many route choices. It's basically a complete waste of time unless you have a confirming of a New Flyer sighting at a certain garage.

Okay, okay, everyone please stop "arguing". First of all, BusExpert32, please respect Trainman, he's been here much longer (over 2 years to be exact, and I came 2 years ago too) than you. Second of all, Busjack is correct on what all he's said in the past few posts. I think rm should also know because he works for the CTA. Anyway, I personally think 103rd should get the New Flyers first, but that's not my call, and 74th's getting New Flyers? I sure didn't hear about that. That's all I have to say.

Okay, okay, everyone please stop "arguing". First of all, BusExpert32, please respect Trainman, he's been here much longer (over 2 years to be exact, and I came 2 years ago too) than you. Second of all, Busjack is correct on what all he's said in the past few posts. I think rm should also know because he works for the CTA. Anyway, I personally think 103rd should get the New Flyers first, but that's not my call, and 74th's getting New Flyers? I sure didn't hear about that. That's all I have to say.

Buslover, I respect every member in this forum but I just don't agree with everyone's opinions. Just because I don't agree with Trainman doesn't mean I don't respect him. Everyone has the right to express their opinions and I don't know how you can argue with that.

Buslover, I respect every member in this forum but I just don't agree with everyone's opinions. Just because I don't agree with Trainman doesn't mean I don't respect him. Everyone has the right to express their opinions and I don't know how you can argue with that.

Of course everyone has their right to express opinions (i'm not saying you can't express opinions, you just have to understand my point of view), but some of those "opinions" sounded wrong. I don't have to argue, I just came to express my opinions as well, but from past experience on this board, i've learned to "watch my tongue" a bit. Anyway, does anybody know when Chicago will recieve their last New Flyer and if some of those buses aren't parked on the street anymore over there? I don't think parking buses on a public street for a long period of time is safe. That's all I have to say

Of course everyone has their right to express opinions (i'm not saying you can't express opinions, you just have to understand my point of view), but some of those "opinions" sounded wrong. I don't have to argue, I just came to express my opinions as well, but from past experience on this board, i've learned to "watch my tongue" a bit. Anyway, does anybody know when Chicago will recieve their last New Flyer and if some of those buses aren't parked on the street anymore over there? I don't think parking buses on a public street for a long period of time is safe. That's all I have to say

I think that there are still buses parked on Chicago and Pulaski near the garage since Chicago hasn't retired or transferred any buses since the last sighting of parked buses on the street.

For those wondering about the hybrids, bus 903 was spotted in service today (Kedzie Garage). It had been on the property for a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure if it had been in service or not, until just now.

Also, Chicago Garage's fleet has been reduced by 20 Flxibles (not as much three-track service remaining out of that garage). They have been sent down to 103rd to replace some of the TMCs, which have been either scattered around the system or scrapped.

For those wondering about the hybrids, bus 903 was spotted in service today (Kedzie Garage). It had been on the property for a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure if it had been in service or not, until just now.

Also, Chicago Garage's fleet has been reduced by 20 Flxibles (not as much three-track service remaining out of that garage). They have been sent down to 103rd to replace some of the TMCs, which have been either scattered around the system or scrapped.

So this means that the Hybrids (900 series) are here? I have yet to ride a Hybrid bus so i'll be trying to ride one soon. Chicago's Fixible fleet has been reduced by 20 (68-20=48)? No wonder why they haven't been around as much (as some people say, anyway). Thanks for the update.

Did bus numbers like 5744 and 5746 go to 103rd, just asking

I have yet to ride a Hybrid bus so i'll be trying to ride one soon.

The 900s will probably be a different kind of ride, because they are the kind of hybrids where the diesel engine only charges the batteries, and the drive is all electric. The Allison hybrids, like the 800s, use an electric motor in the transmission (like a hybrid car), and while that probably means that it can start on electricity, you'll probably hear diesel gear shifts. Let us know if you find one and any reactions.

First off, on which route was bus 903 spotted on and on which routes can you mostly spot it?

Secondly, its a shame that Chicago Garage got rid of those 20 buses. Now it's going to be even harder to catch a Flxible. It seems now that 103rd Garage is a Flxible pit.

By the way, does anyone know on which routes do the Kedzie 5300s mostly operate on and during what days and times?

Well, it turns out, we're both right.

North Park and 103rd will apparently be receiving new buses simultaneously. It will be done on an even/odd basis, with evens going to 103rd and odds to North Park.

according to rmadisonwi's post recently, 1430 will go to 103rd while 1431 go to north park

Well, it turns out, we're both right.

North Park and 103rd will apparently be receiving new buses simultaneously. It will be done on an even/odd basis, with evens going to 103rd and odds to North Park.

It would be so much easier with one garage getting New Flyers at a time. Now it's going to be so confusing with the bus numbers.

It would be so much easier with one garage getting New Flyers at a time. Now it's going to be so confusing with the bus numbers.
So what is more important--trying to bring relief to two garages that some reports say are in crisis because of old equipment, or satisfying the compulsives? I am surprised by this move, but feel that it is justified. CTA now has computers to keep track of its equipment. But this makes more sense than the interim move proposed by another of shifting around equipment pending 103 and NP getting their share.

So what is more important--trying to bring relief to two garages that some reports say are in crisis because of old equipment, or satisfying the compulsives? I am surprised by this move, but feel that it is justified. CTA now has computers to keep track of its equipment. But this makes more sense than the interim move proposed by another of shifting around equipment pending 103 and NP getting their share.

I just didn't like the idea of both garages recieving new buses at the same time. Now we can't enjoy the old TMCs and Flxibles longer at one garage because they will be recieving New Flyers simultaniously. Now a bus on a route from either garage will have a possibility of getting New Flyers and then getting a ride on an older bus will be way too tricky and difficult.

I just didn't like the idea of both garages recieving new buses at the same time. Now we can't enjoy the old TMCs and Flxibles longer at one garage because they will be recieving New Flyers simultaniously. Now a bus on a route from either garage will have a possibility of getting New Flyers and then getting a ride on an older bus will be way too tricky and difficult.
Again, I'm sure that this is why the CTA is in business, instead of providing dependable transportation to those who need it (like it even does that). Maybe they should have a special junk bus, advertise it like the Holiday train, and charge $10 fares for a ride on it. Otherwise, they aren't running a bus museum, except on 74th routes.