And the next garage to get New Flyers is...

rmadisonwi

FYI-103RD WILL BE RECIEVING FLYERS IN LATE AUGUST BECAUSE UP TO 23 BUSES ARE BREAKING DOWN A DAY. IT HAS GOTTEN SO BAD THAT ARCHER IS LENDING 103RD NOVAS FOR RUSH HOUR RUNS. #6532 WAS ON THE #34 sOUTH mICHIGAN/#119 MICHIGAN/119TH ON 7/5 & 7/7. OPTIMAS ARE NOW BEING USED ON HEAVY ROUTES SUCH AS THE #34, 119, *103, *106,28. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE BECAUSE U OF C HAS A CONTRACT WITH CTA, AND THEY NEED THOSE OPTIMAS. THIS INFORMATION IS TRUE BECAUSE OPERATOR#43123 AND 103RD GM SUPPLIED THIS INFO, PLUS I'VE SEEN AND WITNESSED.

*-ROUTES ARE NOT HEAVY

Well, they should've kept those former Pace's Orion I 4900 series on the road, never saw any of them break down, they were good buses, but a year older than junky 5300 series.

Well, they should've kept those former Pace's Orion I 4900 series on the road, never saw any of them break down...

Just because you never saw one break down doesn't mean it didn't happen. After all, by the end of April there were only three or four working buses left in the fleet. The others had...well...broken down.

Well, they should've kept those former Pace's Orion I 4900 series on the road, never saw any of them break down, they were good buses, but a year older than junky 5300 series.
Let's just face it, qwantae never saw an old high floor bus that he didn't like (and wanted to buy even though the manufacturer went belly up, like Millennium, according to the NJ Internet sources), except the 5300s. I say, bring the big green propanes back (that were scrapped in 1974). :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, Kedzie got the New Flyers after Archer, then it was 77th after Kedzie, then it was Chicago, so Chicago didn't get a first dib at the New Flyers, and I think Chicago is entitlied to the New Flyers, but Chicago should have at least taken the Novas to 74th and 74th give Chicago it's TMCs.
I forgot about 77th, and also don't think it should have received any before 103rd. However, 77th always seems to receive any new order, and there was the prior discussion of whether the prior swap of 5300s from 103rd to 77th was to put 77th in line ahead of 103rd, or just that 77th wears out its equipment a lot faster.

At the time I would have agreed with you about 74th and Chicago, but I guess that didn't happen.

Meanwhile, we have the false Wikipedia poster still around.

I forgot about 77th, and also don't think it should have received any before 103rd. However, 77th always seems to receive any new order, and there was the prior discussion of whether the prior swap of 5300s from 103rd to 77th was to put 77th in line ahead of 103rd, or just that 77th wears out its equipment a lot faster.

At the time I would have agreed with you about 74th and Chicago, but I guess that didn't happen.

Meanwhile, we have the false Wikipedia poster still around.

I think 103rd should have gotten the flyers wayyyy before 77th (I agree with you that they always get the new orders, and that's unfair) as they really need them. By the way, good jokes :D.

Let's just face it, qwantae never saw an old high floor bus that he didn't like (and wanted to buy even though the manufacturer went belly up, like Millennium, according to the NJ Internet sources), except the 5300s. I say, bring the big green propanes back (that were scrapped in 1974). :rolleyes:

People have different opinions, so I had a right to like high floor bus better, noone has to like low floor bus just because its a new style.

• 2 weeks later...

I think 103rd should have gotten the flyers wayyyy before 77th (I agree with you that they always get the new orders, and that's unfair) as they really need them. By the way, good jokes :D.

Maybe they get the new orders first, because they service the most people?

I think that Chicago should have waited, and gave 103rd its order of New Flyers. D:<

I saw a 5300 on the 100 route, and it took about 10 seconds just to move with the engine flared up. 77th can't even keep high maintenance on their buses, which is the sad part. I've seen a couple of New Flyers that needs to be on the scrap line already. <_<

What's that supposed to mean?

What do you think it means?

You tell me why you think so.

I shall not. D:<

As it is, I've seen plenty of 77th's New Flyers, and see nothing that a little better maintenance couldn't fix.

That's the point, they don't keep up high maintenance with there buses. That's why almost half of there buses look like junk.

(Maybe more)

Maybe they get the new orders first, because they service the most people?

Actually, North Park serves the most people. 77th comes in second I think.

I think that Chicago should have waited, and gave 103rd its order of New Flyers. D:<

Like I said before (and i'll say it again), Chicago deserves those New Flyers because the Fixibles they have are in very bad shape, but Chicago should have at least transfered it's Novas to 74th. I don't think Kedzie should have recieved any New Flyers in the first place (if they didn't get the New Flyers, those should have gone to 103rd) and personally, I think 74th's 6000s or 4400s should have been transfered over to Kedzie.

That's all I have to say, i'm keeping out the arguement certain people are having.

You hang out on 79th and tell me.

I think the reason WHY the buses you saw on 79th Street are bad because of all the crime on 79th Street. I do, however, agree with you regarding 77th's maintence, on the older buses anyway. Some of those NABIs they have run very good on the #6, and their New Flyers run good (from what i've seen Downtown).

That's the point, they don't keep up high maintenance with there buses. That's why almost half of there buses look like junk.

(Maybe more)

I'm glad you can keep a literate conversation with yourself. :rolleyes:

As previously mentioned, a bus purchased with federal funds can't be replaced for 12 years. So, you can't just say to put the immediately on the junk line within a year of when they were received. Especially when you have all of the transit agencies crying to the state legislature to raise taxes, because they don't have money for capital.

However, I am bothered by pace2322s pictures showing a mess of them at Bus & Truck. Also those who don't know the difference between there and their.

Actually, North Park serves the most people. 77th comes in second I think.

Orly?

Some of those NABIs they have run very good on the #6, and their New Flyers run good (from what i've seen Downtown).

There NABIs are by far the worst. Way to bumpy, and the back of the bus leans downward. I felt hard bumps on a clean rode when I rode 77xx outta 103rd.(A 77th bus)

I'm glad you can keep a literate conversation with yourself. :rolleyes:

What the hell are you talking about?

I can't tell if that is an insult coming from you...

Whatever the fact may be, poof away. D:<

Orly?

No, I know that for a fact, thank you very much.

There NABIs are by far the worst. Way to bumpy, and the back of the bus leans downward. I felt hard bumps on a clean rode when I rode 77xx outta 103rd.(A 77th bus)

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Kedzie's are actually the worser, but like you'll say, it's only my opinion. Look back to the prior posts i've made in this topic about Kedzie's NABIs. One last thing, please don't look for anymore comments from me in this thread, i'm out.

You hang out on 79th and tell me.

8D

I agree, I wouldn't think 77th should deserve New Flyers, otherwise if they want New Flyers, they should've got those 1995 (5800 series) and give North Park the new ones they have. I think that 74th should be the last one to get them, but they barely take care of their buses. Yes, 103rd needs new flyer badly to replace 5300 series but I miss the orions (former pace).

(Maybe more)

No wonder why they got rid of some of their NABIs (7700 series), I've seen some of them from 103rd and North Park routes.

No wonder why they got rid of some of their NABIs (7700 series), I've seen some of them from 103rd and North Park routes.

No, that's not the reason why some of the artics were transferred from 77th to 103rd and North Park. The reason is that North Park and 103rd had much greater need for artics, particularly for the Lake Shore corridor routes (and North Park especially, with three-track), and 77th Garage really only needs them for the 6 (and the occasional 3/X3 and 4/X4). How well you perceive that they maintain their buses vs. other garages was not the reason the buses were transferred.

• 3 weeks later...

Given CTA5750's observation of 1430 and 1431 being delivered, it appears that deliveries of Option 2 are beginning, and this game can start again.

Still no sightings of the second bunch of hybrids?

That was my thought exactly, Option 2 must be starting. So I would keep an eye out on I-90 in the next few weeks. It looks as though the next batch is arriving. Im curious as to what garages the next batch will be going. Everyone who travels I-90 saturday mornings keep an eye out. It seems saturday mornings is the best time to watch new NF buses from the factory heading EB.