And the next garage to get New Flyers is...

rmadisonwi

Once again how long is this delay in the New Flyer production going to last? And when is North Park Garage going to start recieving New Flyers?

Pure guess and speculation here: Early 2008 North Park will start to recieve more New Flyers as the TMC Retirement period begins (according to Kevin's TMC page found on this website). North Park has some of the worst TMC's still in service. Many are very sluggish and break down very frequently.

So, where is Chicago Garage storing all these extra buses? Or have they been transfered to another garage with more storage space.

I heard from a friend of mine who drove past the garage the other day that about 20 or 22 New Flyers are parked on Chicago Avenue, and about 3 Fixibles are parked on Pulaski. By the way, isn't Chicago about done recieving New Flyers?

Once again how long is this delay in the New Flyer production going to last? And when is North Park Garage going to start recieving [sic] New Flyers?
No need to repeat. I would think only an employee in New Flyer's scheduling department would have the answer to the first question. The second will happen after the first. Also, you are assuming a delay, when the order was not a continuous one for 1050 buses, but a base order and 3 options, and now the first option has been fulfilled.

No need to repeat. I would think only an employee in New Flyer's scheduling department would have the answer to the first question. The second will happen after the first. Also, you are assuming a delay, when the order was not a continuous one for 1050 buses, but a base order and 3 options, and now the first option has been fulfilled.

I only repeated because noone responded the first time I asked.

The Flxibles(like all buses procured today) were purchased mostly with Illinois funds, but you can bet our tax $$ played a small role in the purchase of our buses. Anyhow, the CTA is squeezing all the worth out of these Flxibles until a. the year 2007 ends or b. all the Flxibles are officially unable to run because of too much cost for repairs on them(i.e axle like 5492, blown motor, etc...).

In short.... the CTA is getting it's money's worth on these aging buses. They are one of three types of workhorses we have(the other two being the TMC's and the sister Flxibles-6000-Series).

Will the same thing happen with the 1991 TMC RTSes when they get retired, will they be kept until the end of a certain year or will they be kept until they literally fall apart and start breaking down on the streets.

Someone sent me photos of New Flyer D40LFRs at South Shops recently. The D40LFR is the same as what CTA is receiving, except that the front and rear ends have been given a facelift (photos of that model available on the 'net, I'm too lazy to go searching for some to provide a link). IIRC, they were destined for Fairfax Connector in Virginia, but were stopping in Chicago for some kind of testing.

Having not been down there myself, I couldn't say for sure, but I got the impression that they weren't sticking around very long. I don't remember when they were taken, but it was within the past month or two. More than likely gone by now.

Does anyone know when North Park is scheduled to recieve there new batch of New Flyers.
Another person who has to scroll up and read the post that follows. If the answer had changed in the past week, it would have been reported here.

Also, as I have mentioned before, there is a difference between their and there. Please use the correct form.

New Flyer appears to be in the middle of an order for Boston, as I saw one in MBTA colors awaiting a two [sic] truck on the Kennedy recently.
As you previously noted, New Flyer got the order when Millennium miscalculated the bid.

FYI-103RD WILL BE RECIEVING FLYERS IN LATE AUGUST BECAUSE UP TO 23 BUSES ARE BREAKING DOWN A DAY. IT HAS GOTTEN SO BAD THAT ARCHER IS LENDING 103RD NOVAS FOR RUSH HOUR RUNS. #6532 WAS ON THE #34 sOUTH mICHIGAN/#119 MICHIGAN/119TH ON 7/5 & 7/7. OPTIMAS ARE NOW BEING USED ON HEAVY ROUTES SUCH AS THE #34, 119, *103, *106,28. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE BECAUSE U OF C HAS A CONTRACT WITH CTA, AND THEY NEED THOSE OPTIMAS. THIS INFORMATION IS TRUE BECAUSE OPERATOR#43123 AND 103RD GM SUPPLIED THIS INFO, PLUS I'VE SEEN AND WITNESSED.

*-ROUTES ARE NOT HEAVY

B) So, will the New Flyers replace all remaining 5300 Flxible buses and some 4400's? Assuming that they will get brand new buses 1430-1529 or higher (maybe about 120), will the 4400's get sent to 77th, NP, Kedzie or 74th? Most of their buses are the 4600's. I guess they will scrap all of the non working 5300's if they haven't already. Maybe they will get a few of the 900 hybrids as well when they come.

Also, when the sell or scrap buses, do they sell as is or take valuable working equipment and save them for the other remaining buses that are working?

I guess after 103rd get some buses, I guess NP and 74th will get a few more along with 7th, K and C to close out the remaining 5300 buses that are running on life support. I guess FG will get some as well and they will shift their 6000's to K, 74th, 77th or 103rd; but that is so far down the line. Hopefully, we will have drivers to drive these buses in light of the inaction from Springfield.

I would think that after the statement that Nancy Benoit was dead on Wikipedia 14 hours before the police found her body, and the speculator's/vandal's computer being confiscated, Wikipedia isn't a reliable source for anything, especially if posted by an anonymous IP number. In fact, I'll revert that post.

Do you have any verifiable source, like a roster sheet? Or is this more garage banter? Busangel's post sure indicates that the assertion that 103rd is next for New Flyers is banter, although the part about their existing fleet breaking down is certainly believable (given that some brain in CTA thought Archer should be given new buses first and the leftovers from Archer and Kedzie sent to 103rd). The last things that purported to be from a personal observation or a roster sheet was that the highest number received was 1429 at Chicago, and some 1200s were shifted to North Park.

That was my verification

Looking back, are you saying that, in response to Jesi's post in March, you said on July 19 that you were the one who posted it on Wikipedia? Then it was established by someone having access to the roster list that your post was false. So you reposted on Wikipedia on July 22? (See Wikipedia history for that page.) Thank you, you are no better than the Benoit clairvoyant.

Also Wikipedia is not a crystal ball, according to its rules (like they can enforce them). It appears that you did not meet those standards.

I am very shocked by what i'm reading here. I think all the bashing (or whatever you want to call it) needs to stop. Busjack, while you're right about the wikipedia thing, but you shouldn't be posting anything about Chris Benoit's death on here since he's dead and that this forum has nothing to do with the World Wrestling Entertainment, and since busangel saids his friends and family work for CTA, I believe he's right and we should believe him.

CTA5658, why would you post that 103rd HAS New Flyers when they don't? That's false information, 103rd is getting New Flyers in late AUGUST.

Anyways, does anyone know how many more New Flyers have to be delievered to Chicago before North Park gets some. I hope NP gets rid of there 1200s and return those to 77th because if they keep them with the mid/late 1400s and early 1500s, that'll make North Park have more then it's share, and that won't be fair.

Busjack, while you're right about the wikipedia thing, but you shouldn't be posting anything about Chris Benoit's death on here since he's dead and that this forum has nothing to do with the World Wrestling Entertainment, and since busangel saids his friends and family work for CTA, I believe he's right and we should believe him.
I only did it to illustrate how Wikipedia can't be taken as gospel, and the only reason for comparison is that in both cases (Benoit and the CTA one) someone posted an unverifiable prediction as fact, in violation of Wikipedia rules, and I wanted to demonstrate that there were consequences to that behavior. I correspond with Pro Wrestling Torch on wrestling subjects.

As I mentioned, I had no reason to doubt busangel about his assertions about buses at 103 breaking down. What bothered me was the inference that this means that 103 will get New Flyers in August (it might happen, but as this thread proves, predictions in that regard are never assured), and then cta5658 seizing that statement to try to verify his assertion (based on circumstantial evidence that he said here that he verified the March Wikipedia post) that 103rd had them in March.

Also, I have no quarrel with buslover at the moment. However, you should note that if your statement (which is consistent with what others said in the thread previously) that NP is next is correct, 103 isn't going to start getting New Flyers in August, as predicted by busangel. The production rate seems to be about 10 per week, so if NP is next and gets the usual allotment of 110 or so, that shoves 103rd back. As I have frequently mentioned, I have no inside track on these predictions, having previously said that to be fair, based on average age, Archer and Chicago shouldn't have had the first dibs, but they did (having said that only Kedzie qualified under the criterion of having 5300s and no Novas).

Obviously, if we believe the CTA presentations that the purpose of the 1050 bus order was to replace the 5300s and 4400s, North Park and 103rd have the most to move out.

Archer and Chicago shouldn't have had the first dibs

If I remember correctly, Kedzie got the New Flyers after Archer, then it was 77th after Kedzie, then it was Chicago, so Chicago didn't get a first dib at the New Flyers, and I think Chicago is entitlied to the New Flyers, but Chicago should have at least taken the Novas to 74th and 74th give Chicago it's TMCs.