Busjack Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 +On who asked if the service span on 93 was affected, I saw that NB runs ended at Lincoln, so I guess the new part got longer service than the old part.
Elkmn Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 2 hours ago, Busjack said: +On who asked if the service span on 93 was affected, I saw that NB runs ended at Lincoln, so I guess the new part got longer service than the old part. My "client" for gtfs says that the new trips end at foster
Sam92 Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 2 hours ago, Busjack said: +On who asked if the service span on 93 was affected, I saw that NB runs ended at Lincoln, so I guess the new part got longer service than the old part. This isn't for the extension. Just the Sunday service but the span looked the same outside of school trips added. One I see under the Lincoln time point is marked as Starting at Thorndale
Busjack Posted December 20, 2025 Report Posted December 20, 2025 5 hours ago, Sam92 said: This isn't for the extension. Just the Sunday service but the span looked the same outside of school trips added. One I see under the Lincoln time point is marked as Starting at Thorndale I was referrng yo the bottom of the tables, where northbound trips are dashes after Lincikn.
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted December 20, 2025 Report Posted December 20, 2025 21 hours ago, Sam92 said: This isn't for the extension. Just the Sunday service but the span looked the same outside of school trips added. One I see under the Lincoln time point is marked as Starting at Thorndale some runs on the 93 (sundays) pull out to howard/california and head SB while some runs pull out to logan square via foster-kedzie, on the new runs there are runs in the PM weekdays and weekends that pull in from logan and some runs take it down to foster/albany and pull in.
Sam92 Posted December 20, 2025 Report Posted December 20, 2025 4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said: some runs on the 93 (sundays) pull out to howard/california and head SB while some runs pull out to logan square via foster-kedzie, on the new runs there are runs in the PM weekdays and weekends that pull in from logan and some runs take it down to foster/albany and pull in. Ahh so still no runs from Davis that end at Foster? Guess the new section does get later service then
Sam92 Posted December 20, 2025 Report Posted December 20, 2025 On 12/19/2025 at 3:43 PM, Elkmn said: My "client" for gtfs says that the new trips end at foster 3 minutes ago, Sam92 said: Ahh so still no runs from Davis that end at Foster? Guess the new section does get later service then What site or app are you using to pull this data? The most i can manage to do is find interlines lol
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 4 hours ago, Sam92 said: Ahh so still no runs from Davis that end at Foster? Guess the new section does get later service then no sir, all pull ins at night are from logan square or logan square to foster/albany.
TaylorTank1229 Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 52 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said: no sir, all pull ins at night are from logan square or logan square to foster/albany. 93’s new schedule is live (as well as all the others for the winter pick.) https://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/6/bus-tt_93.pdf As you stated, pull in for evening trips (and pull out for mornings) across the week are primarily between Foster and Logan Square. 1
Sam92 Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said: no sir, all pull ins at night are from logan square or logan square to foster/albany. On 12/19/2025 at 9:26 PM, Busjack said: I was referrng yo the bottom of the tables, where northbound trips are dashes after Lincikn. On 12/19/2025 at 1:18 PM, Busjack said: +On who asked if the service span on 93 was affected, I saw that NB runs ended at Lincoln, so I guess the new part got longer service than the old part. Ahh I see. Looking at the schedule there actually wasn't an increase in hours on the extension since the final buses pull in from Logan vs Foster to keep the end of service roughly the same.(Service still cuts off around 10:30-ish @ NP weekdays) Surprised these wouldn't stay in service to Foster to somewhat try and encourage ridership for the newly filled gap
Tim G Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 Good morning everyone. BusTracker needs to still be updated apparently because the route is showing the old route for 93, although when I clicked on a southbound bus stop, it did show #8828's destination to "Logan Square Blue Line". However, the southbound run that was scheduled to leave Foster/Albany at 6:16am is nowhere to be found, and I'm not seeing anything showing if that run is departing Logan Square at 6:35am as it is scheduled. UPDATE @ 6:55am: It appears that the 6:16am run I mentioned DID come out as #8846; however, it just appeared on the map only about two or so minutes ago, and it's showing #8846 departed from Lawrence/Christiana.
Tim G Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 Welp, the 93 is being updated in real time apparently. LOL.
Tim G Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 First southbound trip on the new 93 schedule successfully completed.
Elkmn Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 13 hours ago, Sam92 said: What site or app are you using to pull this data? The most i can manage to do is find interlines lol The transit app
Elkmn Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 1 minute ago, Tim G said: First southbound trip on the new 93 schedule successfully completed. Ooh! I was on that one!
Tim G Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 9 minutes ago, Elkmn said: Ooh! I was on that one! Cool! How was it? Were there any other passengers? How did the driver interact with the new route?
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 7 minutes ago, Tim G said: Cool! How was it? Were there any other passengers? How did the driver interact with the new route? The driver loves it, I spoke with him and he said it’s amazing to see the service gap in between kimball and western between Addison and Montrose, this service was much needed. 2 1
Elkmn Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 14 minutes ago, Tim G said: Cool! How was it? Were there any other passengers? How did the driver interact with the new route? You couldn't see too much, as it was 6:30 am and it was a nova with tinted windows. The drivers found the route easy (on a different trip my driver almost missed the turn at kedzie and montrose) and all of the passenges i saw were most likely not casuals. 1
TaylorTank1229 Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 8 hours ago, Sam92 said: Ahh I see. Looking at the schedule there actually wasn't an increase in hours on the extension since the final buses pull in from Logan vs Foster to keep the end of service roughly the same.(Service still cuts off around 10:30-ish @ NP weekdays) Surprised these wouldn't stay in service to Foster to somewhat try and encourage ridership for the newly filled gap I don’t know. Honestly, I feel some of the evening pull-ins could’ve had at least 2 buses go as far as terminating at Howard, or at the very least Devon… A little more for those that may be looking to go north of Foster after regular service hours.
Sam92 Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 9 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said: I don’t know. Honestly, I feel some of the evening pull-ins could’ve had at least 2 buses go as far as terminating at Howard, or at the very least Devon… A little more for those that may be looking to go north of Foster after regular service hours. That's what I was hoping for as well to help it gain traction but heck once you get far enough North I guess the main mile streets pull enough of the weight to where stuff like California stick heavily to the support/filler role.
Sam92 Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 40 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: The driver loves it, I spoke with him and he said it’s amazing to see the service gap in between kimball and western between Addison and Montrose, this service was much needed. P001? Damn you were up before the sun 🤣 3
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted December 21, 2025 Report Posted December 21, 2025 1 minute ago, Sam92 said: P001? Damn you were up before the sun 🤣 Yessir P001 is out till 1 or 2pm 1
Busjack Posted December 22, 2025 Report Posted December 22, 2025 The day ending with trips from Logan Square to NP seems to make operational sense in that southbound trips should connect with the Brown Line, but to koop back would require something like Montrose*>Kimball->Lawrence.
Javi75 Posted December 22, 2025 Report Posted December 22, 2025 Looks like the 93 is all 8350s today, is it just for the occasion of being a new extension?
Recommended Posts