Jump to content

[Speculative] 2025 Service Planning (was: March 25 System Pick)


Recommended Posts

Posted
2 minutes ago, Javi75 said:

Looks like the 93 is all 8350s today, is it just for the occasion of being a new extension? 

Possibly wanting the fine china out in case the news reports about such a major change 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
Posted

Spotted this not long ago. SB 93 but the digital signage displaying the 49A. I believe the 9 went through something similar when it was first extended to Ravenswood, some buses displayed the 11 (back when it was running the 37’s segment, before splitting the routes again). Something regarding the display code?

IMG_8154.jpeg

IMG_8153.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
Posted
2 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Something regarding the display code?

It was established that when 95 was combined, it used a code that was formerly used by 90N N Harlem. Why CTA has never cleared up the codes and used something like {ace (i.e. 0936 for route 093) is beyond me.

This might also answer the question why other sightings were only of Novas. They might have been the only buses reprogrammed, and this is a NF. CTA would have had to change both the Luminator program for the NFs and 7900-8324 and the Hanovers on 8325 up.

Posted
53 minutes ago, Busjack said:

It was established that when 95 was combined, it used a code that was formerly used by 90N N Harlem. Why CTA has never cleared up the codes and used something like {ace (i.e. 0936 for route 093) is beyond me.

This might also answer the question why other sightings were only of Novas. They might have been the only buses reprogrammed, and this is a NF. CTA would have had to change both the Luminator program for the NFs and 7900-8324 and the Hanovers on 8325 up.

 

2 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Spotted this not long ago. SB 93 but the digital signage displaying the 49A. I believe the 9 went through something similar when it was first extended to Ravenswood, some buses displayed the 11 (back when it was running the 37’s segment, before splitting the routes again). Something regarding the display code?

IMG_8154.jpeg

IMG_8153.jpeg

They seem to be real selective of lazy with it. Looks like they managed to clear up some some but not all of the stuff from the Booz-Allen cuts. We've seen @YoungBusLoverpull up old stuff like 131, N56 and 27 but I remember him saying he couldn't pull up 99, 162 164 or 99M. I don't know if he tried 41, 110 or 16. I know 14 Jeffery Express didn't get cleared out; also something weird happens whenever newer Novas show up on J14. They always read J14 Jeffery Express. 

Posted
3 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Spotted this not long ago. SB 93 but the digital signage displaying the 49A. I believe the 9 went through something similar when it was first extended to Ravenswood, some buses displayed the 11 (back when it was running the 37’s segment, before splitting the routes again). Something regarding the display code?

IMG_8154.jpeg

IMG_8153.jpeg

Also ironic how they cant update the system to clear out these old readings yet a sign that hasn't been touched in over a decade has absolutely no issue updating to this stupid left hand format 🙄😒

  • Haha 1
Posted
9 hours ago, Sam92 said:

 

They seem to be real selective of lazy with it. Looks like they managed to clear up some some but not all of the stuff from the Booz-Allen cuts. We've seen @YoungBusLoverpull up old stuff like 131, N56 and 27 but I remember him saying he couldn't pull up 99, 162 164 or 99M. I don't know if he tried 41, 110 or 16. I know 14 Jeffery Express didn't get cleared out; also something weird happens whenever newer Novas show up on J14. They always read J14 Jeffery Express. 

They basically reuse the same codes over and over again rather the creating new ones. It's a lazy approach that I'll never understand. It will be a sad day once they replace the codes for these old gems though.

LRM_20251219_172608.jpg

LRM_20251219_170904.jpg

LRM_20251218_172935.jpg

LRM_20251218_172624.jpg

LRM_20251219_163849.jpg

LRM_20251219_165624.jpg

LRM_20251219_165814.jpg

LRM_20250217_203155.jpg

DSC_0800 (1).jpg

DSC_0813 (1).jpg

DSC_8088.jpg

DSC_8055.jpg

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Posted
10 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Also ironic how they cant update the system to clear out these old readings yet a sign that hasn't been touched in over a decade has absolutely no issue updating to this stupid left hand format 🙄😒

Tell me about it 2021 versus 2024..... 😅

20211020_213839.jpg

20240704_093732 (1).jpg

  • Upvote 2
Posted
13 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Spotted this not long ago. SB 93 but the digital signage displaying the 49A. I believe the 9 went through something similar when it was first extended to Ravenswood, some buses displayed the 11 (back when it was running the 37’s segment, before splitting the routes again). Something regarding the display code?

IMG_8154.jpeg

IMG_8153.jpeg

I'm glad you mentioned this, I was wondering how long these codes would last until they got replaced. 

20211014_002151.jpg

20211014_002150.jpg

20211101_225907.jpg

20211101_225909.jpg

Posted
26 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Tell me about it 2021 versus 2024..... 😅

20211020_213839.jpg

20240704_093732 (1).jpg

Lemme ask aren’t the new flyers on the 25 before it got discontinued in June 2006? Cause 2006 is when those “Newer” Flyers Were delivered

Posted
2 hours ago, Bus1517 said:

Lemme ask aren’t the new flyers on the 25 before it got discontinued in June 2006? Cause 2006 is when those “Newer” Flyers Were delivered

Kedzie git the second batch (1110-1219) and by then shouldn't it have been the Pink Line?

Now for a possibly silly question: Does anyone have a picture of "93 Lpgan Square Blue Line"?

Posted
6 hours ago, Bus1517 said:

Lemme ask aren’t the new flyers on the 25 before it got discontinued in June 2006? Cause 2006 is when those “Newer” Flyers Were delivered

Probably didn't arrive by the time 25 became the west end of 21. This picture the operator was able to manually pull it up if that's what you're asking. 

Posted
On 12/18/2025 at 3:01 PM, Busjack said:

Surprising. Lack of ridership growth on 90 and/lf lack of operafors for 81?

 

On 12/18/2025 at 3:04 PM, Sam92 said:

Those 2 probably aren't related... Maybe 307 and 318 are more reliable and pulling away some of 90's demand with the slow moves to Pulse

What's mind bottling that they didn't decide to combine 90 and 90N to at least have better connections to Park Ridge, including 290 throughout the years after 90N was dead.

Posted
5 hours ago, Busjack said:

Kedzie git the second batch (1110-1219) and by then shouldn't it have been the Pink Line?

Now for a possibly silly question: Does anyone have a picture of "93 Lpgan Square Blue Line"?

Spotted a few southbounds still showing "To Davis Purple Line" while I was passing Davis on my Purple Line run this morning. 

Posted
3 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Spotted a few southbounds still showing "To Davis Purple Line" while I was passing Davis on my Purple Line run this morning. 

Last week the 93 that was sitting at the Davis Purple Line Station  was signed " to Kimball Brown Line. "   It was one of the newer Novas.  Even the announcement said " Kimball Brown Line. "   @Busjack

Posted
3 hours ago, garmon757 said:

 

What's mind bottling that they didn't decide to combine 90 and 90N to at least have better connections to Park Ridge, including 290 90N is dead. I mentioned it in the context of a sign fpr a dead route reappearinf throughout the years after 90N was dead.

90N is dead. I mentioned it in the context of a sign fpr a dead route reappeare to explain how a dead 49A sign on

a 93.  

3 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Spotted a few southbounds still showing "To Davis Purple Line" while I was passing Davis on my Purple TgLine run this morning. 

 

 niar sign is not new, as the Davis terminal did not change.-

Posted
5 hours ago, wayfaringrob said:

 

Was your spell check laid off with the federal budget cuts? Your posts have been unintelligible for weeks...

Probably switched phones. Some have small @$$ keyboards that take adjusting to 🥴🥴. I've done it a lot 🤣

  • Upvote 1
Posted
9 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

Yessir

IMG_3277.jpeg

This NP?? I know it was big but damn. But then 77th is just as big but the layout makes it look smaller than it is 🤣

Posted
2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

This NP?? I know it was big but damn. But then 77th is just as big but the layout makes it look smaller than it is 🤣

No, had a buddy of mine from the glen take that pic since i wasn’t working, i’ll try and get a pic of that on a artic later today😎

Posted

 

21 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

No, had a buddy of mine from the glen take that pic since i wasn’t working, i’ll try and get a pic of that on a artic later today😎

That's IF an artic would show up outside of a school trip. I know some artics show up on 93 for school runs but would that high school need school trips from that extension? I kinda wouldn't be surprised considering the 2-3 transfers it's helping people avoid 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

 

That's IF an artic would show up outside of a school trip. I know some artics show up on 93 for school runs but would that high school need school trips from that extension? I kinda wouldn't be surprised considering the 2-3 transfers it's helping people avoid 

when i pull one out later i’ll grab a pic. 

Posted
15 hours ago, wayfaringrob said:

 

Was your spell check laid off with the federal budget cuts? Your posts have been unintelligible for weeks...

To be fair, I went from Pixel to iPhone (after 6 years) and my fat(ter) thumbs had a hard time adjusting. 

Posted
On 12/23/2025 at 7:43 AM, YoungBusLover said:

They basically reuse the same codes over and over again rather the creating new ones. It's a lazy approach that I'll never understand. It will be a sad day once they replace the codes for these old gems though.

LRM_20251219_172608.jpg

LRM_20251219_170904.jpg

LRM_20251218_172935.jpg

LRM_20251218_172624.jpg

LRM_20251219_163849.jpg

LRM_20251219_165624.jpg

LRM_20251219_165814.jpg

LRM_20250217_203155.jpg

DSC_0800 (1).jpg

DSC_0813 (1).jpg

DSC_8088.jpg

DSC_8055.jpg

isn’t 290 touhy a pace route? maybe ten years ago or so i saw the cta running the 290 route at night and got super confused. what’s up with that?

Posted
On 12/23/2025 at 9:31 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

Yessir

Thanks. Unlike the Davis sign (but like the old Kimball one) it isn't 2 line left justified.

For the rest of you, I have had issues, but you have not diagnosed them. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...