Policeman Posted December 15, 2025 Report Posted December 15, 2025 55 minutes ago, strictures said: I have no other options! sounds like a personal problem to me 🤷♂️
YoungBusLover Posted December 16, 2025 Author Report Posted December 16, 2025 2 hours ago, artthouwill said: You do have at least one other option. It's Pace Paratransit. I gave you grace for possibly bot being able to walk long distances to the nearest east west bus routes to connect with Lake Shore Expresses. You seem unwilling to ride the Red Line at anytime. So the choices are to use Pace Paratransit or grin and bear the 22. Allow extra travel time. Or do Uber/Lyft. Took the words right out of my mouth 😂😂😂😂😂
Busjack Posted December 16, 2025 Report Posted December 16, 2025 15 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said: Ts s ook the words right out of my mouth 😂😂😂😂😂 Riders do need an RTA permit, which requires a doctor';s certificate. SoI wouldn't go into that territory. I think the only appropriate topic of discussion here is tat, given that he said origins and destinations are on Clark, whether t is irremidable, or whether since the [osted run sheets show rush headways of 3 minutes and midday of 12 and he says transfer times would be worse, there isn't a real problem. Those intervals are close to Frequent Network standards, and if the street is too congestrd for a bus to stay on schedule, a paratransit or rideshare isn't going to get through either.
Mr.NewFlyer1279 Posted December 16, 2025 Report Posted December 16, 2025 6 minutes ago, Busjack said: Riders do need an RTA permit, which requires a doctor';s certificate. SoI wouldn't go into that territory. I think the only appropriate topic of discussion here is tat, given that he said origins and destinations are on Clark, whether t is irremidable, or whether since the [osted run sheets show rush headways of 3 minutes and midday of 12 and he says transfer times would be worse, there isn't a real problem. Those intervals are close to Frequent Network standards, and if the street is too congestrd for a bus to stay on schedule, a paratransit or rideshare isn't going to get through either. whatever buddy got going on with the red line he gonna have to make amends and start using it😂😂 or just uber/lyft 3
Busjack Posted December 16, 2025 Report Posted December 16, 2025 40 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said: whatever buddy got going on with the red line he gonna have to make amends and start using it😂😂 or just uber/lyft I described some prob;ems with the Red Line in the Random CTA topic, so I don't think it is fair to dump on him on that account. Again, this topic is service improvements on the next pick and the only thing that is relevant is what I described and what you quited. And as I indicated, Uber isn't going to cure them. 1
TaylorTank1229 Posted December 18, 2025 Report Posted December 18, 2025 I was walking down from the Brown Line on Kedzie, and I saw some CTA personnel on Kedzie/Carmen, and I guessed they were beginning to place up new signs for the 93’s extension. Seems that I was correct, seeing this on Kedzie & Foster 2
MetroShadow Posted December 18, 2025 Report Posted December 18, 2025 30 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said: I was walking down from the Brown Line on Kedzie, and I saw some CTA personnel on Kedzie/Carmen, and I guessed they were beginning to place up new signs for the 93’s extension. Seems that I was correct, seeing this on Kedzie & Foster For the first time in over 30 years, love to see it.
Erin Mishkin Jr. Posted December 18, 2025 Report Posted December 18, 2025 With the addition of the Frequent Network to the 81 Lawrence, they’re removing service from the 90 and adding longer wait times there, surprisingly restoring the schedule to the old schedule dated 9/4/2016 that the 90 Harlem used for over 5 years.
Busjack Posted December 18, 2025 Report Posted December 18, 2025 2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: With the addition of the Frequent Network to the 81 Lawrence, they’re removing service from the 90 and adding longer wait times there, surprisingly restoring the schedule to the old schedule dated 9/4/2016 that the 90 Harlem used for over 5 years. Surprising. Lack of ridership growth on 90 and/lf lack of operafors for 81?
Sam92 Posted December 18, 2025 Report Posted December 18, 2025 2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: With the addition of the Frequent Network to the 81 Lawrence, they’re removing service from the 90 and adding longer wait times there, surprisingly restoring the schedule to the old schedule dated 9/4/2016 that the 90 Harlem used for over 5 years. Those 2 probably aren't related... Maybe 307 and 318 are more reliable and pulling away some of 90's demand with the slow moves to Pulse
Busjack Posted December 18, 2025 Report Posted December 18, 2025 15 minutes ago, Sam92 said: Those 2 probably aren't related... Maybe 307 and 318 are more reliable and pulling away some of 90's demand with the slow moves to Pulse That wouldn't do Norridge or anything north of Grand any good.
Elkmn Posted December 18, 2025 Report Posted December 18, 2025 Where are these new schedules? The alert has no links, and I can't find any of them on the schedule page. 1
Sam92 Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 2 hours ago, Elkmn said: Where are these new schedules? The alert has no links, and I can't find any of them on the schedule page. If you're on Android hard press the schedule link and click download... It'll pull the most recent schedule. 1
Sam92 Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 2 hours ago, Elkmn said: Where are these new schedules? The alert has no links, and I can't find any of them on the schedule page. Just now, Sam92 said: If you're on Android hard press the schedule link and click download... It'll pull the most recent schedule. Keep in mind this is if the pick started. Cta doesn't post them in advance anymore I think the pick starts Sunday so we gotta wait til then
Elkmn Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 They don't even post the up-to-date schedules anymore! The 93 still has the June pick schedule up!
Sam92 Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 14 minutes ago, Elkmn said: They don't even post the up-to-date schedules anymore! The 93 still has the June pick schedule up! That's why you have to click download link 1
Elkmn Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 oh whoops i was clicking "open in new tab". Still insane they don't have the up-to-date schedule easily accessible.
Sam92 Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 4 hours ago, Busjack said: That wouldn't do Norridge or anything north of Grand any good. 5 hours ago, Busjack said: Surprising. Lack of ridership growth on 90 and/lf lack of operafors for 81? Got me there... Saturday has the biggest drop at -7% but the schedule looks the same for that day. Weekdays there's no growth but no loss but 86 jumped up 11% so weekdays maybe people are going for Ridgeland. Looking at the 307 short turns would the 90 extension push those back to Forest Park Blue?
RJL6000 Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 11 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said: I was walking down from the Brown Line on Kedzie, and I saw some CTA personnel on Kedzie/Carmen, and I guessed they were beginning to place up new signs for the 93’s extension. Seems that I was correct, seeing this on Kedzie & Foster This routing maintains a connection to the Brown Line while basically remaining on California for most of this extension (because California does not run through due to the North Branch of the Chicago River in its path), even though it essentially duplicates the 94 between Belmont (or Addison northbound) and Diversey, as well as adding a new connection to the Blue Line. As such, it is not a full reactivation of the 1980s route 89 that remained on Kedzie between Diversey and Montrose.
wayfaringrob Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 4 hours ago, Elkmn said: oh whoops i was clicking "open in new tab". Still insane they don't have the up-to-date schedule easily accessible. It sucks. It was nice during the pandemic that they would usually post advance timetables for both rail and bus. Now, despite saying new schedules are available on the website when new schedules are announced, they don't actually get posted until several days after the pick has already started. Customer support conveniently doesn't respond until they are up, or will say something like "check later." It also makes researchers' lives harder, since they are no longer archived by a standardized URL.
Elkmn Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 There's gtfs up now! Looks like they have some modest frequency and span improvals!
Tim G Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 20 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said: With the addition of the Frequent Network to the 81 Lawrence, they’re removing service from the 90 and adding longer wait times there, surprisingly restoring the schedule to the old schedule dated 9/4/2016 that the 90 Harlem used for over 5 years. With the schedules not being up on the CTA website yet, unless you work for the CTA, how were you able to get this information? Very surprised to hear about service on the 90 being reduced considering some of the runs I've been on especially in the early afternoons can fill up quite a bit with the headways it has now.
wayfaringrob Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 1 hour ago, Tim G said: With the schedules not being up on the CTA website yet, unless you work for the CTA, how were you able to get this information? Very surprised to hear about service on the 90 being reduced considering some of the runs I've been on especially in the early afternoons can fill up quite a bit with the headways it has now. GTFS data is widely available through many clients 1 1
Sam92 Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 3 hours ago, Tim G said: With the schedules not being up on the CTA website yet, unless you work for the CTA, how were you able to get this information? Very surprised to hear about service on the 90 being reduced considering some of the runs I've been on especially in the early afternoons can fill up quite a bit with the headways it has now. 1 hour ago, wayfaringrob said: GTFS data is widely available through many clients Some of these apps pull from the schedules themselves. He probably put a trip in for after the pick goes into effect and did some retracing. As I noted earlier the biggest drop off on 90 is on Saturday. Weekday shows a lack of growth as @Busjackguessed... Nearby on Narrangnsett ridership jumped.... Does it avoid grade crossings that 90 doesn't? I heard there are some busy crossings that foul Harlem up
Tim G Posted December 19, 2025 Report Posted December 19, 2025 2 hours ago, wayfaringrob said: GTFS data is widely available through many clients I honestly had no idea what GTFS was until I just looked it up on online, and have not a clue in how to use it. Interesting.
Recommended Posts