More Bus Moves

sw4400

Our children's generations are dying from left to right......smh

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhcUYtbNeu58oTOuo6

It's a shame it had to escalate to that point, especially on public transportation.

Looks like the riders need a shield!!

For those innocent bystanders who want no part of it, they deserve their own safety compartment...

Or some force field!!!

And the operator keeps on going on down the line. What good are all these cameras? It just shows who did it. That's how it was with the mace incident on the Yellow line. Nobody comes until someone presses the help button. By then its over, hopefully you are still alive!!

• Upvote 1

You know first hearing about #6427 appearing at Fg and now this has me wondering about Chicago. If Chicago is sending off it's old Novas, I wonder if they could not be getting #7900's after all. They have been getting rehabbed buses from the south side. I wonder if it's possible they could just get NF's and be all NF. From 74th they could jump to FG to give them a completely new fleet from #8100 - #8349? But that's dreaming right, that couldn't really happen could it? But to argue the point then why send FG Chicago's Novas when they are replacing buses now versus later.

Who knows. But here's another wrinkle: 6468 showed up on a Chicago Ave. route earlier this evening, having just migrated there from 74th. And 6521 has now been transplanted from Chicago Ave. to FG, joining 6427 and 6436. Logical, right?

Could FG really get an entirely new fleet? It wouldn't be smart planning, but I guess anything's possible with the CTA. Realistically, there's no way that any of us peons can know where the 8100s will appear until they DO appear. Maybe it'll be somewhere other than FG or C, like K or 103rd. Think common sense ---- then think "CTA"! <_<

OT (sorta): Who was the last, genuine transit professional at the helm of the CTA? It was George Krambles, wasn't it?

And the operator keeps on going on down the line. What good are all these cameras? It just shows who did it. That's how it was with the mace incident on the Yellow line. Nobody comes until someone presses the help button. By then its over, hopefully you are still alive!!

The only time I witnessed bystanders stepping up is when this guy was inappropriately touching a woman's butt, in which that also happened at 47th. Unfortunately, one of the guys who intervened got cut near his eye very bad.

Our children's generations are dying from left to right......smh

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhcUYtbNeu58oTOuo6

Just wondering how you came across it, as there isn't any text indicating it is CTA, although the car interior and "this is 47th" sure prove it is.

I'll withhold comment on it, except that the worst thing when riding the Dan Ryan RT used to be people begging for fares or transfers, and obviously they can't get the latter these days.

With the panning, it obviously it a passenger's camera.

I suppose the operator can see a camera view on the control panel touch screen, but I doubt that the operator can scan views of maybe 40 cameras (on 8 cars) and drive at the same time. And, of course, the clip doesn't show if cops were on the platform at 47th, since I don't think the operator wants to take on the thugs or stop the train in the middle of the expressway.

This gets back to my question above, but can't the thugs figure out that they are on both security cameras and probably 10 passengers' cameras?

You know first hearing about #6427 appearing at Fg and now this has me wondering about Chicago. If Chicago is sending off it's old Novas, I wonder if they could not be getting #7900's after all. They have been getting rehabbed buses from the south side. I wonder if it's possible they could just get NF's and be all NF. From 74th they could jump to FG to give them a completely new fleet from #8100 - #8349? But that's dreaming right, that couldn't really happen could it? But to argue the point then why send FG Chicago's Novas when they are replacing buses now versus later.

Wasn't 7900 used at C during the teething period? That would seem to indicate to the contrary.

OT (sorta): Who was the last, genuine transit professional at the helm of the CTA? It was George Krambles, wasn't it?

Name escaped me at the moment, but the last one was Alfred Savage, who previously ran TTC and NFTA and recently died.

However, Daley II and obviously Emanuel didn't believe in following the MTA Act.

Just wondering how you came across it, as there isn't any text indicating it is CTA, although the car interior and "this is 47th" sure prove it is.

I'll withhold comment on it, except that the worst thing when riding the Dan Ryan RT used to be people begging for fares or transfers, and obviously they can't get the latter these days.

With the panning, it obviously it a passenger's camera.

I suppose the operator can see a camera view on the control panel touch screen, but I doubt that the operator can scan views of maybe 40 cameras (on 8 cars) and drive at the same time. And, of course, the clip doesn't show if cops were on the platform at 47th, since I don't think the operator wants to take on the thugs or stop the train in the middle of the expressway.

This gets back to my question above, but can't the thugs figure out that they are on both security cameras and probably 10 passengers' cameras?

Now it's a variety of discrepancies when traveling to and from the south side. I came across it when my kids mother mentioning about it to me. I think the operator has access to all surveillance on all cars but I may have to ask an operator about that.

Now it's a variety of discrepancies when traveling to and from the south side. I came across it when my kids mother mentioning about it to me. I think the operator has access to all surveillance on all cars but I may have to ask an operator about that.

CTA Tattler just had a reference to this video emerging. I guess there are ways of getting the word out.

It was on the NBC news. Chicago-l.org has a link. This is not something Rahm needs on election week coming up. The video response is fear and we don't want riders scared to ride the "L" in Chicago. But the cameras are like a false sense of security because they just record and don't intervene. But you can see from the video, it's like a flash mob. If you can see the organization of it in time maybe you can escape it. They need to carry special sentences for this type of crime, cause it's like mob action.

• Upvote 2

.... This is not something Rahm needs on election week coming up. The video response is fear and we don't want riders scared to ride the "L" ....

Going back to the CTA Tattler, you'll note that the message from Rahm is that crime is way down, but Kevin O mentions the video in the last two sentences. Like most crime statistics, it depends on whether you believe the macro or what is thrown in front of you.

CTA Tattler just had a reference to this video emerging. I guess there are ways of getting the word out.

It was on the NBC news. Chicago-l.org has a link. This is not something Rahm needs on election week coming up. The video response is fear and we don't want riders scared to ride the "L" in Chicago. But the cameras are like a false sense of security because they just record and don't intervene. But you can see from the video, it's like a flash mob. If you can see the organization of it in time maybe you can escape it. They need to carry special sentences for this type of crime, cause it's like mob action.

Here's the thing, we don't have almost 1500 cops patrolling each rail cars but the problem is us. We're not doing a better job being vigilant towards these outrageous events going on. You're right BusHunter, these events can seriously kill Emmanuel's reelection without a doubt!!! In the meantime, Cta operators needs to step the F up with these idiots that have nothing to do but to deplorably degrade themselves away from being civilized people!

Here's the thing, we don't have almtost 1500 cops patrolling each rail cars but the problem is us. We're not doing a better job being vigilant towards these outrageous events going on. You're right BusHunter, these events can seriously kill Emmanuel's reelection without a doubt!!! In the meantime, Cta operators needs to step the F up with these idiots that have nothing to do but to deplorably degrade themselves away from being civilized people!

You know how they have air marshalls? Maybe they should have a train marshall, one per train. If people knew there was security on the train they wouldn't fear it and at the same time it would deter the thugs. As cowardly as it sounds, you shouldn't try to break up a mob yourself or you might get hurt. Best thing they can do in this instance is press the help button inform the operator of what's going on and maybe he could radio in to CTA of what's happening and they could get the police to meet the train. But really the operators cabs need an emergency button like the buses do, I don't think they have this. The cops need to be informed quicker.

.... But really the operators cabs need an emergency button like the buses do, I don't think they have this. The cops need to be informed quicker.

As I noted above, there is nothing indicating that there weren't cops at 47th (of course, nothing indicating that there were, either). This doesn't look like this was a situation that developed a couple of stops up the line.

As for the number of "rail marshals" necessary, one would think one per operator run.

Well realistically speaking any type of security camera anywhere isn't meant for outright crime prevention purposes by themselves.Their main usefulness is in helping catch the idiots, and after they are caught they make for good evidence in the courts when the fools get prosecuted. Of course you want the best views possible for that. Looking for these cameras to be preventative instead of prosecutorial in value is just frankly looking at the wrong angle. Get some successful prosecutions in place using footage from these cameras as evidence and we see the validity of Busjack's point about some of these punks maybe wising up.

FG: 56 (every blue moon, since it is shared with NP and they sometimes return buses to NP that way)

NP: 22 (sees more), 56 (see above), 82, 135 (sees less), 136 (sees less), 146, 147, 148 (sees less), 151, 155 (Every blue moon, when a 147 randomly terminates at Devon)

Kedzie: 10 (rarely), 12 (not so much outside of rush & games), 19, 125, 126 (rush), 134 (sees less), 143 (sees less), 151, 156

77th: None

74th: None (can't support artics)

Chicago: 65 (that's new, and again, CTA shows they value little of passenger count priority), 66, 125, 151

103rd: 6, J14, 15 (rarely), 26 (always flucates), 28 (really rare), 29 (really rare), 34 (oh man, the rarity is strong with this one), 128, 169, 192 (those last three have around 15-20 combined total trips, so yeah)

In short, the garages without artics are the ones that need them and/or new buses (with the exception of NP)

125 is a Kedzie route so artics you see on that route are from that garage. It's on an interline with 156, so those two can't be one each at two different garages.

As I noted above, there is nothing indicating that there weren't cops at 47th (of course, nothing indicating that there were, either). This doesn't look like this was a situation that developed a couple of stops up the line.

As for the number of "rail marshals" necessary, one would think one per operator run.

Well the fact that the subjects are at large seems to say they weren't. Things of this nature can happen quickly and basically they are playing catch up. If they had a marshal with a police radio they are already patched into CPD speeding up a response. Even if they just did it on higher crime lines or segments it would be something and something is better than nothing.