Jump to content
wordguy

More Bus Moves

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

7900 (also 4300) are assigned to 87/Greenwood as training buses. I suspect they are used to teach new mechanics how to drive buses as they need to get CDL's.

Last time I checked you don’t need CDL’s to drive CTA buses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

How long has 8011 been at Chicago?

It might have just been there for training I live by Chicago garage and when I drive through there to avoid the speed cameras sometimes I see buses from all garages there on there training lot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shannon CVPI said:

It might have just been there for training I live by Chicago garage and when I drive through there to avoid the speed cameras sometimes I see buses from all garages there on there training lot 

Why would it be there for training when Chicago has 100 8100's there at its disposal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Why would it be there for training when Chicago has 100 8100's there at its disposal? 

8011 was the first of the buses that were fitted with the monitors inside, As these are being trialed on the 20 it moved to C around 12/23/2018 (first day out was 12/24).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Why would it be there for training when Chicago has 100 8100's there at its disposal? 

They have a lil track at the back of the garage and I've seen buses from all the garages there with instruction bus on the sign 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I saw 1836 on the Homan route today with the C sticker in the window at division I see Chicago loaned it to kedzie 

That's not a loan, Three buses - 1836, 1837 and 1838, were (officially) transferred from Chicago to Kedzie the weekend of December 14-15, 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

8011 was the first of the buses that were fitted with the monitors inside, As these are being trialed on the 20 it moved to C around 12/23/2018 (first day out was 12/24).

If C has 100 81xxs  why not fit one of those?  Why bring a bus from another garage to fit it and not send it back to that garage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

If C has 100 81xxs  why not fit one of those?  Why bring a bus from another garage to fit it and not send it back to that garage?

It was fitted with the monitors in October. It did run with the monitors in it from 77th on the 8A during the morning rush 30th November.

I guess they decided to trial the buses on the 20 after 8011 was fitted. There are more than one of them so the rest must be from C allocation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

That's not a loan, Three buses - 1836, 1837 and 1838, were (officially) transferred from Chicago to Kedzie the weekend of December 14-15, 2018.

Oh ok I thought it was cuz I seen it on Chicago Ave around the first of the year so I thought it might have been a loan I see kedize slow on changing the stickers it's still sporting C after all this time lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I found this to be quite odd today since there isn't any high volume of people out today. Could #1838 be a loaner to 74th since Chicago has #8011? 

Screenshot_20190131-150644.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

 I found this to be quite odd today since there isn't any high volume of people out today. Could #1838 be a loaner to 74th since Chicago has #8011? 

Screenshot_20190131-150644.png

I think 1838 is a K bus and might be a school tripper.  With the lack of volume of people or lack of equippme6uesterday, a 40ft bus was substituted in place of an artic.  Even if CPS canceled classes yesterday, CTA may not have had advanced enough warning to cancel the tripperrs.

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I think 1838 is a K bus and might be a school tripper.  With the lack of volume of people or lack of equippme6uesterday, a 40ft bus was substituted in place of an artic.  Even if CPS canceled classes yesterday, CTA may not have had advanced enough warning to cancel the tripperrs.

  

It is. From Maths22

 

image.png

Edited by garmon757
Duplicates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

1964 and 1995 on the 91 Austin prob one day loaner or sent from C To FG

According to Maths tracker, yep you're right! This is rare once again. I think it's either a loaner or will be permanent while CTA is aiming for the new Nova 8325's to be in service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 2:35 AM, YoungBusLover said:

Why would it be there for training when Chicago has 100 8100's there at its disposal? 

It be buses from all the garages there when they have a training session I was there filming a YouTube video over the summer and noticed buses lined up and a worker told be they was about to start so I had to finish filming on the side of the garage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Probably a loaner 

OK... I guess that's true. It's not on the tracker screen today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×